• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Falcons vs Seahawks Game Thread

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep running the ball. It's the reason the passes are working.

Defense just needs to keep bringing pressure. No reason not to when you're getting burned anyway

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we do? I was asking in an earlier post if someone can confirm that, so don't quote me 100%. But wasn't there some stupid rule that teams get extra picks for race related coaching positions or promotions? I thought OC/DCs were included, but perhaps I'm wrong.

I don't think so. Wasn't the proposal just for HC and GM?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tyler Lockett and the resigning was a huge mistake. He was Wilson's guy which is fine... but he's done. Metcalf and Fant have to be the guys moving forward. Should've traded him when they traded Wilson, but there was clearly no buyers.
Respectfully disagree, especially with Geno Smith at QB and the offense the Seahawks are running.

They don't trust Geno to throw the ball 15+ yards past the line of scrimmage and Lockett is shifty enough a route runner to get open in those short to intermediate routes.

IMO Lockett is one of the best route runners in the NFL and doesn't get talked about enough.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! What?

What I'm saying is if they knew they were going to trade Wilson and blow everything up, trade Lockett... who is going to be 30 next season (the season that hopefully 'LETS GO')... and I think Seattle knew they weren't going anywhere with Wilson and were going to trade him when he signed that contract in 2021, so why? You're blowing it up... sure let's keep Wilson happy but fuck Wilson, he wasn't going to sit out the season.....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMFG was that a 3 and out?!?!?!?!?!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully disagree, especially with Geno Smith at QB and the offense the Seahawks are running.

They don't trust Geno to throw the ball 15+ yards past the line of scrimmage and Lockett is shifty enough a route runner to get open in those short to intermediate routes.

IMO Lockett is one of the best route runners in the NFL and doesn't get talked about enough.

I mean I can agree with you as Lockett being the best route runners. I'm thinking of it from a GM/draft capital standpoint... Seattle is putting together a throwaway season and you likely if not 100% sure (and Seattle's FO knew) your franchise QB is leaving, resign a WR who is nearing 30 who is amazing admittedly, but worth signing to that contract on a rebuild? EHHHHH, maybe for a new rookie guy...

Edit: @seahawksfan234 meant CAN agree with you, not cannot - first sentence.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait someone else knows the fish heads song? lol

Fish heads fish heads roley poley fish heads, Fish heads fish heads eat them up YUM!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm saying is if they knew they were going to trade Wilson and blow everything up, trade Lockett... who is going to be 30 next season (the season that hopefully 'LETS GO')... and I think Seattle knew they weren't going anywhere with Wilson and were going to trade him when he signed that contract in 2021, so why? You're blowing it up... sure let's keep Wilson happy but fuck Wilson, he wasn't going to sit out the season.....
I think Lockett's game will age well. He's not only a great route runner, but one of the smartest route runners in the NFL IMO. Whenever a play breaks down, he always gets himself right where he needs to be to be open.

It's somewhat of an apples to oranges comparison, but Davante Adams for example is also 29 and relies on his elite route running to get open and the Raiders gave him a 5 year $140m contract.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't lose Lockett

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lockett's game will age well. He's not only a great route runner, but one of the smartest route runners in the NFL IMO. Whenever a play breaks down, he always gets himself right where he needs to be to be open.

It's somewhat of an apples to oranges comparison, but Davante Adams for example is also 29 and relies on his elite route running to get open and the Raiders gave him a 5 year $140m contract.

I mean fair points.... can't argue with that.

Hopefully he's okay after that hit. I just find the whole thing humorous that some of the highest paid players on our team are wide receivers and we have a 'meh' QB, makeshift line, and a coach that prefers running the ball... like wtf?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In November of that year, owners approved a similar policy that rewarded teams for developing minority coaches and executives. The policy allows a team that loses a minority assistant coach or executive — to become a head coach or GM of another team — to receive a third-round compensatory pick for two years.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You aren't going to get a ton for Lockett in a trade. Costs too much at his age.

And there is almost zero chance that we will be meaningfully better next year. Even if we hit the jackpot at QB in The draft next year

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't going to get a ton for Lockett in a trade. Costs too much at his age.

And there is almost zero chance that we will be meaningfully better next year. Even if we hit the jackpot at QB in The draft next year

No, I meant trade him BEFORE the contract.... we would've gotten a 2nd rounder. If the plan was to keep Lockett for another year to support Russell 'Bitch I want to throw' Wilson and then release Wilson and go back to a running game and tank a season until we can draft another QB a year later which will require ANOTHER year to ramp up, WTF?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I can agree with you as Lockett being the best route runners. I'm thinking of it from a GM/draft capital standpoint... Seattle is putting together a throwaway season and you likely if not 100% sure (and Seattle's FO knew) your franchise QB is leaving, resign a WR who is nearing 30 who is amazing admittedly, but worth signing to that contract on a rebuild? EHHHHH, maybe for a new rookie guy...

Edit: @seahawksfan234 meant CAN agree with you, not cannot - first sentence.
Well the circumstance at the time was a lot different. We gave him that contract when we were going into a season where we were considered NFC West contenders, then Russ got hurt, played like shit when he came back, and we missed the playoffs. Had Russ been entirely healthy the entire season, I think we would've made the playoffs and Russ wouldn't have been traded.

Also if the Seahawks shipped off Lockett even after we knew we were trading Russ and going into a rebuild, we would've had a massive dead cap hit so it wouldn't really have been feasible.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean fair points.... can't argue with that.

Hopefully he's okay after that hit. I just find the whole thing humorous that some of the highest paid players on our team are wide receivers and we have a 'meh' QB, makeshift line, and a coach that prefers running the ball... like wtf?
Yeah... That is pretty ironic...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I meant trade him BEFORE the contract.... we would've gotten a 2nd rounder. If the plan was to keep Lockett for another year to support Russell 'Bitch I want to throw' Wilson and then release Wilson and go back to a running game and tank a season until we can draft another QB a year later which will require ANOTHER year to ramp up, WTF?
When the organization gave Lockett that deal, I think they figured Russ would likely be with the team for at least the remainder of his contract. I don't think anyone back in April of 2021 when he got that contract thought the team would be rolling with Geno Smith as the starting QB a year later.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the circumstance at the time was a lot different. We gave him that contract when we were going into a season where we were considered NFC West contenders, then Russ got hurt, played like shit when he came back, and we missed the playoffs. Had Russ been entirely healthy the entire season, I think we would've made the playoffs and Russ wouldn't have been traded.

Also if the Seahawks shipped off Lockett even after we knew we were trading Russ and going into a rebuild, we would've had a massive dead cap hit so it wouldn't really have been feasible.

I mean as always 234, you're thinking about it more logically than I am. I'm going a little Captain hindsight. I wasn't thrilled with the Lockett signing but I gave it a B range for sure. Course didn't know what was going to happen with Wilson, if we do draft a QB next year Lockett will help immensely (hopefully no major injury just now).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the organization gave Lockett that deal, I think they figured Russ would likely be with the team for at least the remainder of his contract. I don't think anyone back in April of 2021 when he got that contract thought the team would be rolling with Geno Smith as the starting QB a year later.

I think everyone knew in the organization was ready to let Wilson go. That doesn't happen overnight. I wasn't there, I don't work for the Seahawks FO, but everyone knew Wilson was playing his last year in that organization.