• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WEEK 3: BEARS AT JETS OFFICIAL GAME-THREAD

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing... Football is much about handling adversity. In our case we had to overcome mass injuries, bad calls and a hostile environment. The Jets also were tasked with overcoming some injuries (not as many, but some significant ones) and one terrible call. Their offensive play calling and execution prevented them from doing so while our play calling and execution on both sides of the ball were enough for us to slay our demons. There is no reason to apologize for this win. I'm not going to be one of those douchy fans who gloats about it, but I'm also not going to be the self-loathing fan who says we suck when we lose and we were lucky when we win (unless we really did suck or we didn't deserve to win). We deserved to win last night. You are allowed to be ok with that.
I don't really disagree with what you're saying here.

I was answering the question... Who got the worst end of the officiating? IMO, it's the Jets.
You're trying to answer the question... Did the Bears deserve to win? You say YES. And so do I.

It's all good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears also played poorly enough to lose to more than half of the league last night. And you're allowed to acknowledge that too.

How many teams beat decent opponents on the road yesterday? San Diego, Pittsburgh, and who? Didn't the Jets have the top run defense and run offense? I think a lot of other "good" teams would have looked equally "bad" under those circumstances. Stop the sky falling bs... We did well. The defense held serve, the offense only had one turnover that was not a boneheaded mistake, and we made enough plays in all three phases to beat a good team on the road.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really disagree with what you're saying here.

I was answering the question... Who got the worst end of the officiating? IMO, it's the Jets.
You're trying to answer the question... Did the Bears deserve to win? You say YES. And so do I.

It's all good.

Lol... I agree with you on both counts Fiver. If we're implying the Jets lost because of the call though...that's where you'd lose me.