• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's... TIME!: Week 1 Bears vs Falcons Game-Thread

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it when I'm wrong.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called Kevin White a bum when he was drafted. So his being hurt...again...is not surprising.

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's where Ryan becomes the 12th man for the Bears

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That had to be frustrating for you guys.

Good game.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course that's how it would end

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been 47 games since we've had a winning record. Gonna be at least a couple more. How fucking depressing is that?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was our game to win man...

It's funny. I was so proud of the team, but getting down to the 5 and Howard dropping that ball. Now I'm just sick to my stomach.

Overall, you have to be happy with the way they fought today. Just so many plays you can point to, and say that "if that goes our way, we had that game".

I really was hoping they'd maybe try to back them off and run a draw to punch it in on 2nd down there. Would have liked to see us try a run. However, at the end of the day... Howard... you have to have that.

IMO, this is a positive day for the Bears, but that just hurts.

I think the staff did a great job today too, FWIW. They were operating at a pretty clear talent deficit in a few areas, and without our #1 corner. They still contained Julio, got to the point of attack to stop the run and eliminated their passing game from the flats... Coleman was deadly there last year and he did nothing.

Hopefully, this fan-base is smart enough to realize that this is probably par for the course the rest of the way. Hanging in most games, winning some... and losing some due to a lack of offensive firepower. I think it's time to be patient and stick with the process. As of now, the arrow is pointing up. When we fall just shy of .500 or miss the post-season this year. Let's not call for anybody's head, eh? Let's give our young QB a chance to get in there... let's watch some young players emerge for this team.

Today hurts now, but this was a step forward.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck moral victories. We've had 3 seasons of those. It's time to produce.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,091.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broken collarbone for Kevin White......is he made of glass?

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's funny. I was so proud of the team, but getting down to the 5 and Howard dropping that ball. Now I'm just sick to my stomach.

Overall, you have to be happy with the way they fought today. Just so many plays you can point to, and say that "if that goes our way, we had that game".

I really was hoping they'd maybe try to back them off and run a draw to punch it in on 2nd down there. Would have liked to see us try a run. However, at the end of the day... Howard... you have to have that.

I think the staff did a great job today too, FWIW. They were operating at a pretty clear talent deficit in a few areas, and without our #1 corner. They still contained Julio, got to the point of attack to stop the run and eliminated their passing game from the flats... Coleman was deadly there last year and he did nothing.

Hopefully, this fan-base is smart enough to realize that this is probably par for the course the rest of the way. Hanging in most games, winning some... and losing some due to a lack of offensive firepower. I think it's time to be patient and stick with the process. As of now, the arrow is pointing up. When we fall just shy of .500 or miss the post-season this year. Let's not call for anybody's head, eh? Let's give our young QB a chance to get in there... let's watch some young players emerge for this team.

Your receivers gave our defense some serious charity, today. I think you're right.

I'm not at all trying to rub it in but I know that's the kind of loss that really pisses a fan off. I'm glad the Falcons survived it. We didn't really deserve it though.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't gone back to look yet, but would Howard even have been in had he caught it? I recall having a thought that maybe it was a blessing he DIDN'T catch it as he may have not gotten in the endzone, or out of bounds and that it could've ostensibly ran the clock out.

I know it was close, but never did really see if he would've been in or not.

All I know, is that was a tough loss. The Bears' D played their hearts out, and I thought the O did enough to win.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your receivers gave our defense some serious charity, today. I think you're right.

I'm not at all trying to rub it in but I know that's the kind of loss that really pisses a fan off. I'm glad the Falcons survived it. We didn't really deserve it though.

Hey, it was a game that whoever pulled it out, the other would have been sitting there wondering how it got away from them. I mean, us blowing that coverage and letting Hooper break away for an 88 yard TD. We had many moments where you can point to and say "we didn't deserve it" either.

This team has been through so much since the likes of Urlacher and Lovie departed, we're kind of used to that. You're kind of sitting there, and waiting for the moment where it unravels.

On that 4th and goal, I leaned to a buddy and told him "Glennon won't even get a throw off here".... sure enough... Don't I know how it goes?

When you're a good football team, like we were back in the mid-00's. Those are games where you're excited to see how you could pull it off. Where we are right now... I figured you all would be the ones making a play with the game on the line.

I mean, you go around to some of the most popular Bears forums. I think most of us thought... home game, week 1, we're a little better than most think, SB hangover a possibility... maybe we could catch you? And we did, to an extent... However, you guys pulled that game out and made the big play when it mattered.

So, a tip of the cap to you all. Getting that first W, is often the most difficult for a team coming off of a loss like that. This no doubt stings like a bitch for us, but I think we proved a point today. We're coming along... we're nobodies bitch anymore. You all...??? You can get right back there in that NFC title game this year, so go do it. We'd love for you to keep knocking the Pack off.

Got a couple whiskeys in me at this point... hope I don't sound too stupid.

Good luck and god-speed. I've always liked Quinn and Matty Ice

:suds::suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't gone back to look yet, but would Howard even have been in had he caught it? I recall having a thought that maybe it was a blessing he DIDN'T catch it as he may have not gotten in the endzone, or out of bounds and that it could've ostensibly ran the clock out.

I know it was close, but never did really see if he would've been in or not.

All I know, is that was a tough loss. The Bears' D played their hearts out, and I thought the O did enough to win.

Howard would have caught it on the half-yard line. Had a chance to lean in. Would have been close.

However, most importantly, he was starting to turn his shoulder towards the pylon... leaning out of bounds. So, we would have at least had the ball within the one. With 12 seconds.

I mean... we can sit here and mull that over all day. Cohen had a chance at and end zone ball, as did Bellamy... We had quite a few shots.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard would have caught it on the half-yard line. Had a chance to lean in. Would have been close.

However, most importantly, he was starting to turn his shoulder towards the pylon... leaning out of bounds. So, we would have at least had the ball within the one. With 12 seconds.

I mean... we can sit here and mull that over all day. Cohen had a chance at and end zone ball, as did Bellamy... We had quite a few shots.

Yup..brutal loss. Bears outplayed em, save for about 3 plays. 2 of those to some TE I had never heard of before today. Dude single-handily beat us.

Encouraging to see the defense play the way they did tho. They were grown ass men.

Shitty to see that all for naught on one goddamned broken play that prolly should've had a timeout called before the snap, as they were visibly confused pre-snap.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup..brutal loss. Bears outplayed em, save for about 3 plays. 2 of those to some TE I had never heard of before today. Dude single-handily beat us today.

Encouraging to see the defense play the way they did tho. They were grown ass men today.

Shitty to see that all for naught on one goddamned broken play that prolly should've had a timeout called before the snap, as they were visibly on fuck street before the snap.

Yeah man... That's what I mean. Overall, we're clearly pissed at how the game finished. We should be... However, at 10 AM today... if I was to tell you, that we'd keep ATL's offense in check and bring the game down to the final snap from the line-of-scrimmage. I think we'd be pretty happy, no?

Bears did good today... just never easy to swallow a loss like that

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, I'm gonna mention that watching this GB/SEA game... I'm blasting a Led Zeppelin/Black Sabbath/Doors play list that has me really enjoying this whiskey. Barely know what's going on, and I'm trying to fit together a lineup for the primetime SNF and 2x MNF games on FanDuel to win this money SON

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man... That's what I mean. Overall, we're clearly pissed at how the game finished. We should be... However, at 10 AM today... if I was to tell you, that we'd keep ATL's offense in check and bring the game down to the final snap from the line-of-scrimmage. I think we'd be pretty happy, no?

Bears did good today... just never easy to swallow a loss like that

Surprisingly, I think there are a bunch of us that actually thought the D was gonna do ok against em. It just felt like a game they could win at home. I loved watching the D play today, but goddamnit I need to see some takeaways this year. They are flying around and slugging bitches, but they gotta increase the takeaways.

Speaking of takeaways, one takeaway that I had today, is that Kyle Fuller is a good DB. I think he may have played his best game as a Bear today. Sure, he's had flashier games, with bigger statlines, but I thought he was solid af today.