• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's... TIME!: Week 1 Bears vs Falcons Game-Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly, I think there are a bunch of us that actually thought the D was gonna do ok against em. It just felt like a game they could win at home. I loved watching the D play today, but goddamnit I need to see some takeaways this year. They are flying around and slugging bitches, but they gotta increase the takeaways.

Speaking of takeaways, one takeaway that I had today, is that Kyle Fuller is a good DB. I think he may have played his best game as a Bear today. Sure, he's had flashier games, with bigger statlines, but I thought he was solid af today.

No doubt man. I think that most of us thought we had a good shot to hang around.

Fuller played such a respectable game man. Not to mention, outside of a few plays, I thought Callahan got the best of Gabriel. Which was something I did not expect.

On paper, in every area that we were outmatched today, we held our own. If we keep getting after the QB, rushing the QB... the turnovers will come. Interested to see how this all play out with Winston and TB next week

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaaaaand Kevin White needs season ending surgery :L

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, the White pick was a knee-jerk reaction to sending Marshall packing. There are plenty of players from that draft that I'd rather have at this point. It's too bad too, cuz White seems like a nice kid.

He will likely be released, and then go on to a HOF career with the fucking Packers er' some shit.:L

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MARQUESS WILSON...

ANYBODY!?

lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, the White pick was a knee-jerk reaction to sending Marshall packing. There are plenty of players from that draft that I'd rather have at this point. It's too bad too, cuz White seems like a nice kid.

He will likely be released, and then go on to a HOF career with the fucking Packers er' some shit.:L

Yeah, White works his ass off. Nothing against him as a human being. He's just not it...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall Wright needs to be used more. He is a good receiver, and I don't recall them even going his way till fairly late into the game.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we maybe check to see if Anquan Boldin REALLY wants to retire?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that 4th and goal, I leaned to a buddy and told him "Glennon won't even get a throw off here".... sure enough... Don't I know how it goes?

Yup, just knew a sack was coming there...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, just knew a sack was coming there...

That's all on Glennon. He held it for far too long. You just can't take a sack there.

He played ok, but his mobility or lack thereof will be an issue. The play-actions and whatnot seemed in slow-mo. They took FOREVER to develop.

He took care of the ball, but really only was allowed to throw it when it was crunch-time.

If our D can stay healthy, they and our running game should keep us in every game. The QB, WR's and TE's need to do more, if we want to win any of those close games.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all on Glennon. He held it for far too long. You just can't take a sack there.

He played ok, but his mobility or lack thereof will be an issue. The play-actions and whatnot seemed in slow-mo. They took FOREVER to develop.

He took care of the ball, but really only was allowed to throw it when it was crunch-time.

If our D can stay healthy, they and our running game should keep us in every game. The QB, WR's and TE's need to do more, if we want to win any of those close games.

Yup, you could tell our entire offense clenched up tight as a drum when we got down to the 5... A team used to winning would have won. We are obviously not used to winning... LOL!!!

But yeah, I figured they'd bring the house on that last play and Glennon would freeze like a deer in headlights... Gotta throw it at least, no matter where.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, you could tell our entire offense clenched up tight as a drum when we got down to the 5... A team used to winning would have won. We are obviously not used to winning... LOL!!!

But yeah, I figured they'd bring the house on that last play and Glennon would freeze like a deer in headlights... Gotta throw it at least, no matter where.

this^^^

A fucking fumble would've been a better ending.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky would've QB drawn that bitch right up their bholes for the win.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He played exactly how I expected. Very conservative... managed the game.

I think it's Tanner Gentry time, as far as the WR's go. Do we have anything to lose?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this^^^

A fucking fumble would've been a better ending.

I just think nobody was open, in the least and he was hoping he could stay on his feet a bit longer. I understand what you mean, but I think he was just hoping the protection could hold. It wasn't as though he held the ball a long time, they got to him pretty quick. The play never got off it's feet.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really Glennon's fault, he played well enough. D played well. Cohen is a stud, glad I handcuffed him with Howard in my ffl. Too bad on White, kid can't catch a break (pun intended).