• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Bears (2-0) at Atlanta (0-2)

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 is officially in the books. Onto the next one.

Somehow, some way... we're 2-0. lol

I think everything sort of catches up with us this week in ATL, though. That team is coming off as bad of a loss as you could have, Dan Quinn's back on the hot seat, and they need this one in the worst way.

I think this is the one where we finally say "Ah, yeah, well... no shit. You couldn't keep winning the way we were."

Atlanta 27
Bears 16
Only 16 against that defense? C'mon, we scored 17 last game without a single point in the second half and scored 27 against the Lions after barely doing anything in the first half. If the Bears are able to put together a full game at all then we can put up another 27 which ties the amount you've given to the Falcons here.

We can easily win this game if the offense continues to lean on the run game and therefore keeps the defense fresh. We'll lose if Nagy gets cute or tries to sit on a big lead in the second half. As long as Mack and Quinn aren't gassed they'll be able to put enough pressure on Ryan to keep their offense contained. If we're going to win I think it'll be around 30 for us and 24 for them. We shall see.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 16 against that defense? C'mon, we scored 17 last game without a single point in the second half and scored 27 against the Lions after barely doing anything in the first half. If the Bears are able to put together a full game at all then we can put up another 27 which ties the amount you've given to the Falcons here.

We can easily win this game if the offense continues to lean on the run game and therefore keeps the defense fresh. We'll lose if Nagy gets cute or tries to sit on a big lead in the second half. As long as Mack and Quinn aren't gassed they'll be able to put enough pressure on Ryan to keep their offense contained. If we're going to win I think it'll be around 30 for us and 24 for them. We shall see.

I don't want to be a debbie downer, but if Atlanta is able to control the ball and move the chains-limiting our offensive possessions...We could score like 3 points since we're fully capable of getting nothing out of 7 straight drives until we hit that sweet FG paydirt...

I mean...I don't think that will happen...and I'd probably bet on 20-24ish points if I was forced to make a prediction...but just sayin'...We have that in us.

Lemiwinks31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without any evidence so far this year, i think the defense will have a good game. Something is wrong with Trevathan. Maybe he didnt prepare in the offseason due to not expecting to play, or whatever, but he looks slow to react, and just plain slow, especially in coverage. Its been 2 games now, and they are starting to get him off the field in nickel and dime. Hopefully its just a matter of him working himself back into game shape/speed. Having Roquan cover backs and TEs should be a huge improvement.
More snaps for Quinn as he gets back in shape after injury. Pass rush is better and doesnt allow Ryan to throw downfield.

I expect ARobinson and Miller to have much better games. I think both were awful last week. Offense should control the ball against that D.

like i said, not a lot of evidence to support this feeling....but its a feeling.

Bears 31 Atl 20

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be our first real test. I think we have the secondary to match up with their receivers and the pass rush to get to the QB. Todd Gurley could go off though. Offensively, I want to see an avalanche of scoring, but I bet we score around 20 again, unless it turns into a shootout.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just have a hopeless feeling about this game.

I think everything catches up to us. I think our D gets beat by a good offense. I think Mitch looks brutal.

I've just thought this game through in my head a multitude of times. I just can't envision us winning. Living so dangerously cannot keep up. Meanwhile, ATL is on the flip-side of that where they just took a BUH-RUTAL loss.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be a debbie downer, but if Atlanta is able to control the ball and move the chains-limiting our offensive possessions...We could score like 3 points since we're fully capable of getting nothing out of 7 straight drives until we hit that sweet FG paydirt...

I mean...I don't think that will happen...and I'd probably bet on 20-24ish points if I was forced to make a prediction...but just sayin'...We have that in us.
You are what you type

1600996674152.png

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are due to show up this season. Offense is spotty and the defense is not forcing the pace. Run blocking looks much better. Mitch is reading the field better. I hope this is the week we play a full game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is fucking BEAT UP. Both their DE's (McKinnley and Fowler) did not practice yesterday, and neither did Julio Jones(hamstring). 9 total DNP. All but one of those are starters, including LT Jake Matthews, their starting FS and SLB. All listed as questionable for Sunday's game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't score on this swiss cheese defense, then we might as well start projecting who we can look at for the '21 draft.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't score on this swiss cheese defense, then we might as well start projecting who we can look at for the '21 draft.
In fairness, I don't know how valid statistical rankings are after 2 weeks of football. Atlanta played two pretty good offenses in Seattle and Dallas.

However, with that said, if the injury report holds true, they'll be missing at least 4 defensive starters.

From the stats I've seen, it appears they've been decent against the run and woeful against the pass. Context is important tho, as last week they were up huge on Dallas, who then stormed back, presumably through the air, mostly.

This is still a big test for the Bears. I'm excited to see Fuller and Johnson go up against Ridley and Jones(Tho I won't mind at all if he can't suit up or at the very least, isn't 100%)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, I don't know how valid statistical rankings are after 2 weeks of football. Atlanta played two pretty good offenses in Seattle and Dallas.

However, with that said, if the injury report holds true, they'll be missing at least 4 defensive starters.

From the stats I've seen, it appears they've been decent against the run and woeful against the pass. Context is important tho, as last week they were up huge on Dallas, who then stormed back, presumably through the air, mostly.

This is still a big test for the Bears. I'm excited to see Fuller and Johnson go up against Ridley and Jones(Tho I won't mind at all if he can't suit up or at the very least, isn't 100%)
I wasn't implying that we should kick ass in this game. Notice I didn't mention how our defense will stack up against their O. All I'm saying is if we can't hang 3-4 TDs and a couple of FGs against these guys, then we're in for a loooooong day.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Ridley looks unstoppable.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't generate an effective, disruptive pass rush, the Falcons are gonna march up and down the field all day. I think Pagano has to take chances Sunday with an above normal amount of blitz packages.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't generate an effective, disruptive pass rush, the Falcons are gonna march up and down the field all day. I think Pagano has to take chances Sunday with an above normal amount of blitz packages.
I think the Bears front 4 will generate plenty of pressure. I love a good blitz now and then, but a good QB will shred that shit if done too much. I actually think the Bears D matches up well. I think our secondary is a team strength.

Honestly, TE's scare me the most against our D, and that's mostly due to the fact that Trevathan can't be counted on.

I am much more concerned with our O playing consistent and not fucking shit up.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m starting mitch Trubisky this week in fantasy football. Hopefully those drive killing drops stop and we gain some momentum heading into Tampa Bay.

I like that our strengths match up with theirs defensively. Our secondary can match up with theirs and our pass rushers can get to Matt Ryan. With all of the injuries the falcons have suffered, they just aren’t a good football team right now. They just have some sexy skill players on offense.