• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WEEK 2: BEARS AT 49ERS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the refs were absurd. But clearly they were looking for certain things with holding and illegal contact, that the Bears were able to adjust to and they weren't. The 49ers had drives extended early by multiple holding/illegal hands calls. But then the Bears flags went down, and the Niners didn't. That's not just a coincidence.

Fuck them. The Bears beat the shit out of them in their own house for the last 32 minutes of that ball game.

Whenever they called a penalty I was like, "Oh crap, these calls are overboard." But then you saw the replays, and they were obvious time after time. I can only think of one call that may have been wrong (the Boldin holding). I really don't think it's on the refs...the Niners just committed a ton of penalties.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever they called a penalty I was like, "Oh crap, these calls are overboard." But then you saw the replays, and they were obvious time after time. I can only think of one call that may have been wrong (the Boldin holding). I really don't think it's on the refs...the Niners just committed a ton of penalties.

I think they missed a few that SHOULD have been called(on both teams) and called some real ticky-tack crap, but they were at least consistent.

Even the boldin one, it looks like he grabs his jersey in full speed. slow motion really changed the way it looked.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it was a combination of both. But of course, when you get one or two bad calls. The boo birds will come out on every one that follows, no matter how obvious.

The Boldin hold was bad. So was one of the illegal contacts, I think.

But, I mean… They took points off of the board from us with that Bennett BS reversal call, and the friggin play clock mishap.

So, both sides got screwed. The Bears responded better. Plain and simple. IMO

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't want penalties called on your team.....DON'T COMMIT THE PENALTIES

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was dead wrong on this game. Congrats to the Bears and their supporters.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Conte interception could go down as the best of the year. If you look at it ...it's almost unbeatable.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the NFL is crazy. It almost forces you to be fickle.

Awesome showing by the Bears. Gutsy win, and the type of win that could really jumpstart this team.

Cutler is such an enigma. For three quarters, I'm yelling at the TV, calling his Mom a whore and then for the 4th quarter I'm yelling at the tv in positive manner and singing Cutty's praises!?

It was great to see the D play well but Cutler deserves some credit, he played like a man last night. Willie Young is a man. Briggs played great last night, after last week's debacle. Fuller is fucking legit...truly saddens me to see Tillman go out like that, but the future is bright with Fuller...kid single-hand idly willed em' to win last night. Impressive stuff. Both picks were great.

It was also great to see Conte make a POY type interception. Conte has been everyone's whipping boy the last two seasons, and I don't think its entirely deserved. Last season's front 7 was SO BAD, that NO safety would've looked good playing behind em'.

Last nite was such a huge win. Tip of the hat to the Bears.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I thought Jared Allen played better last night. Not exceptional, but better than week one. It helps that the LB core played better behind him as well.

His stat line shows 3 tackles and a FF last nite, but I bet they give him half a sack on McClellin's.

The biggest difference to me from last week's defense was the play of the LBs. Briggs looked like the perennial pro bowler that he is, and McClellin wasn't getting faked out of his jock on the read-option.

DJ Williams is still unimpressive, but after last year with Bostic there, maybe NOT hearing his name much isn't necessarily a bad thing. Would like to see some impact from him at some point tho.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamaar Houston has been an utter disappointment thus far. Unless he's doing stuff not necessarily seen unless yer watching game film, like taking on double and triple teams, (which I certainly haven't seen)he is underperforming. One tackle in two games is underwhelming. Hope he can find a groove at some point...maybe losing time to Young will light a fire under his ass?

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders, with all their cap room, didn't resign Lamarr Houston, then maybe we better keep a skeptical eye on him.