• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 19, The Los Angeles Rams (6) @ Green Bay Packers (1), Saturday, 01/16/21, 1:35 PM ST

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there plan was to shut down Adams which they did, but then they left their roll players wide open. GB has 3 WRs at 6'5"< Ive always wished we had a guy like that and can run

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just from the little I saw, I agree with the sentiments here that Goff wasn’t the main reason we lost. The defense just looked befuddled and was getting gashed for most of the game.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number 1 offense made the no. 1 defense look bad. Rams couldn't stop the run couldn't stop the pass and couldn't get pressure on Rodgers. RAMS offense wasn't bad but when RAMS really needed to get something going late Goff failed again. Why didn't just heave it that last play ? He wasn't gonna get a first running up the middle.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly don't think we were one of the best 8 teams in the NFL this year, so we were playing with house money.

Would have been cool to see Rodgers struggle a little like we saw Wilson last week, but their OL is much, much better than the Hags, and their running game is about as good as it gets in the NFL, then Rodgers to the rescue when they need him, forget about it....

Forget About It GIFs | Tenor

Their DL racks havoc and our OL was no match in pass pro, the Packs defense is not too far off par with ours, the real deference in this game was the Packers Run game and the Rams defense inability to create a turnover. Our best chance was that fumble we forced that went right to Rodgers, had the ball bounced our way, deep on their side of the field we could have been a play away from tying it up 25-25 late in the 4th.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this game is on Goff. weird D plays well, Goff doesnt we lose. Goff plays well D sucks, we lose. Oline downright sucked today as did the D
Goff was OK But when RAMS are down late he fails all the time. RAMS need a clutch QB.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number 1 offense made the no. 1 defense look bad. Rams couldn't stop the run couldn't stop the pass and couldn't get pressure on Rodgers. RAMS offense wasn't bad but when RAMS really needed to get something going late Goff failed again. Why didn't just heave it that last play ? He wasn't gonna get a first running up the middle.
Again hard to get something going when the D is in the backfield about the same time the ball gets there? Doesnt give Goff or WRs time to develop anything

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly don't think we were one of the best 8 teams in the NFL this year, so we were playing with house money.

Would have been cool to see Rodgers struggle a little like we saw Wilson last week, but their OL is much, much better and their running game is about as good as it gets.

Their DL racks havoc and our OL was no match in pass pro, the Packs defense is not too far off par with ours, the real deference in this game was the Packers Run game and the Rams defense inability to create a turnover, our best chance was that fumble we forced that went right to Rodgers, had the ball bounced our way, deep on their side of the field we could have been a play away from tying it up 25-25 late in the 4th.
I feel like this year, the offense took a step backwards. There just never seemed to be any sort of rhythm like we’ve had previous years. Whether it’s the play calling, Goff or whatever else, there was no real innovation or excitement. More like just going through the motions. Now the defense more than held up their end of the bargain for most of the year. Interested in seeing how the offseason and draft play out and whether or not we have to get another defensive coordinator.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would have been cool to see Rodgers struggle a little like we saw Wilson last week, but their OL is much, much better and their running game is about as good as it gets.

Their DL racks havoc and our OL was no match in pass pro, the Packs defense is not too far off par with ours, the real deference in this game was the Packers Run game and the Rams defense inability to create a turnover. Our best chance was that fumble we forced that went right to Rodgers, had the ball bounced our way, deep on their side of the field we could have been a play away from tying it up 25-25 late in the 4th.
I had us as contenders all year, because i knew this defense was going to be special and what Akers would bring to the table. It's unfortunate the time when we needed a stout defense the most, they completely failed. I understand it was Aaron Rodgers, but at what point could you remember any good plays by the defense.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff was OK But when RAMS are down late he fails all the time. RAMS need a clutch QB.
I seriously think that if we had Rodgers today we wouldnt have come back, there was no time at all for Goff and if theres no time that means there is no time for WRs to even begin to get open.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this year, the offense took a step backwards. There just never seemed to be any sort of rhythm like we’ve had previous years. Whether it’s the play calling, Goff or whatever else, there was no real innovation or excitement. More like just going through the motions. Now the defense more than held up their end of the bargain for most of the year. Interested in seeing how the offseason and draft play out and whether or not we have to get another defensive coordinator.
Oline wasnt very good, didnt run the ball well early in the year, As someone else mentioned we need that one burner at WR, maybe even a bigger WR like I said earlier like a Mike Evans, Lazard 6'5" with some speed

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again hard to get something going when the D is in the backfield about the same time the ball gets there? Doesnt give Goff or WRs time to develop anything
That 4th down he wasn't pressured with anyone up on him

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t be opposed to that but with his contract, it’s going to be extremely difficult.
But if you trade Watson for Goff straight up who doesn't want to be in Texas then it can be done ?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you trade Watson for Goff straight up who doesn't want to be in Texas then it can be done ?
I’m not a cap expert on how all of that works but if we trade Goff, we’d have a ton of dead money against the cap and Watson’s big contract to pay on top of that. Don’t know how we’d be able to make that work with all the high salaries we already have on this team.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had us as contenders all year, because i knew this defense was going to be special and what Akers would bring to the table. It's unfortunate the time when we needed a stout defense the most, they completely failed. I understand it was Aaron Rodgers, but at what point could you remember any good plays by the defense.
There were a few, but far in between.

Even though the Packers offense ran through the Rams defense on the first drive, the Pack only walked away with a Field Goal, they forced a couple of punts in the 2nd Half when they were desperate and dearly needed them, and that play by Williams on the deep throw by Rodger in the 4th Quarter when the game was still in reach, was outstanding!

But you can't let an offense put up a nearly 100 yards rushing in the first quarter & and half and expect to win. To begin the game and set the tone, they didn't even need Rodgers really, just the threat of Rodgers.... That Packers Offensive line was the difference today, and their play makers stretching to move the chains time and time again was something the Rams defense just couldn't find an answer for all day.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game. Nothing to be ashamed of when probably your single best player on O was out and Donald clearly wasn't 100%. They put up a good fight, but too big of a whole to dig out of.