• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 16...@ NO

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE ONE AND ONLY......THE REAL CAM.......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Roethlisberger talks about how the 5-wide set could become a regular for the Steelers

So long as they still find balance with the run game, I've got no problems with this. If they intend to feature this package more often in lieu of establishing the run, then it will create problems. What you're doing is taking away play-action and making your offense more predictable, and relying more on your athletes to simply "get open". Defenses will simply man-up in these situations because they don't have to fear for Ben's scrambling or a RB squirting out the backfield for a dump pass.

Steelers have tried this many times before with mixed results. They have more athletes at WR this time around, but IDK what to expect. Whenever Ben passes more than 50 times the Steelers typically lose.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Roethlisberger talks about how the 5-wide set could become a regular for the Steelers

So long as they still find balance with the run game, I've got no problems with this. If they intend to feature this package more often in lieu of establishing the run, then it will create problems. What you're doing is taking away play-action and making your offense more predictable, and relying more on your athletes to simply "get open". Defenses will simply man-up in these situations because they don't have to fear for Ben's scrambling or a RB squirting out the backfield for a dump pass.

Steelers have tried this many times before with mixed results. They have more athletes at WR this time around, but IDK what to expect. Whenever Ben passes more than 50 times the Steelers typically lose.

Big Ben, Last of the NFL Old School Gunslingers!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The concept I get...with the empty set, the DEF typically has to "declare" how many they're rushing unless it's a super delayed blitz.

Secondly is the mismatch. With Rogers, I can see them using more 5 wides where is makes sense to catch teams in a DEF not equipped to handle it (such as a LB in coverage) but I don't see it as a normal OFC formation. I prefer to have a TE on the field.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look. At. This. Fuckin. Shit.

Saints DL Cam Jordan doesn't view Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger as Hall of Famer

Not only does it seem like Cam Jordan doesn't think Ben Roethlisberger is a Hall of Famer, but he even goes as far as to say that he would put Eli Manning ahead of Ben Roethlisberger in ranking the QBs of this era.

You have to know Cam J a bit to know he's a bit of a loose canon...Ben won't be a census 1st ballot HOFer, I think he still makes its 1st ballot though.

The slap in this whole thing, and I admit I just skimmed the article, is this bit about E. Manning being ahead of Ben...at that point, you lose all credibility and become more of a sideshow.

Good player, but not a dominant player....having a great season this year, but 4 of his sacks were vs ATL...RT, Scharader he sucks.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eskitit!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking chargers.

We're fucked. New Orleans is gonna go in dry

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Steelers need to earn their spot in the playoffs. So far they haven't shown me they would be worth watching if they somehow back into the postseason.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Steelers need to earn their spot in the playoffs. So far they haven't shown me they would be worth watching if they somehow back into the postseason.
This.

I'd rather have them prove themselves than get into the playoffs due to another team failing to take it from them. Steelers are their own enemy. If they were depending on the Ravens then they should just hand the seed over to BAL right now.