• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 16...@ NO

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin finally gets over the NE hurdle, and I'm gathering he could barely enjoy it an hour, before they shifted to NO...no rest for the weary. The Steelers, 8-5-1 still have a slim 1/2 game margin over BAL in the DIV and 4 seed.

They are paying for their earlier sins (losing @ OAK/DEN) now. We're down to a 2 game season, PIT controls their destiny. Win 2 games and the Steelers repeat as AFCN champs...anything less than that and they are hoping that the Chargers or Browns give them some help.

For the final NFCS opponent, they travel to the Big Easy, to face Drew Brees, and his 12-2 Saints. Having seen a lot of Saints games living in this region, this is one of the more amazing runs for Brees considering what he's working with outside at the WR2/3 spots.

For all that, it's the DEF that has them in this #1 seed spot. Ranked 7th...sounds more impressive than they are from the eye test, but the last two weeks, they've padded those stats on two somewhat inconsistent QBs...they are very talented up front. Maybe as good as BAL...they played pretty much a nickel DEF 80% of the time the last 2 games and a lot of this season since PJ Williams has come back. They feel they are capable of manning up with Lattimore and Eli Apple. Running a 4-2-5 base, the SS has to be a good box player. Will be curious to see if Fichtner/Ben will go old school and dust off Nix, and try to pound at those 2 LBs.

Injuries...Connor (ankle)...Q, they finally moved Gilbert to IR, and freed up a roster spot...Rogers had some impact at least. I guess Heyward/Dupree (knee), and Switzer (ankle), and Edmunds (protocol) are probably still Q. but not showing up on PFR. We'll know more today I think, but it doesn't sound like Heyward or Dupree will miss any time and Connor probably will have to show more than he did last week to play...if he doesn't play this week, if they win and BAL loses, I wouldn't play him next week.

Outlook...Vegas has NO -5.5...the matchup does favor the Saints if the Steelers trot out the heavy zone DEF while rushing 4 or less. Kamara on a LB in space is 5-10 yds every touch...Butler should be looking at some wrinkles to defend him. Need some extra attention on Michael Thomas and some rush on Brees and maybe they keep the Saints in that 21-24 range. Either way, the OFC is going to need more the 17 pts to pull this game out. The Saints best edge player is Cam Jordan, but Sheldon Rankins in the middle is as tough as any DT in the north and several other guys that can wreck a drive with a splash play, TFL, etc.

The best thing for the Steelers here is score early and keep the crowd tempered. I do respect the Saints D, especially in the dome, but imo they are not an elite DEF. If the OL is able to manage the Saints front 4, I like the OFC to put up a better number this week. Butler can't afford to lay down here, he has to bring an attacking DEF down there to win this game. If so, I can see this being a 1 possession game late and a FG either way.

I like their chances, but not very much so I will not post a projected score.

What say you?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. Their backs are still against the wall so that may force a great performance. They're on the road but against a good team so who knows.
Coin flip IMO.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints 27-24. They should stay close offensively and the Saints offense won’t make the same pre-snap penalties the Patriots did.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we've found a very big answer to the question, do we have a running back if Conner goes down.....

Honestly, I don't think it's a matter of the running back, yet the 5 PRO BOWLERS IN FRONT OF WHOMEVER IS RUNNING THE BALL!!!!! Not taking anything away from Conner, but the boys in the trenches deserve more credit.

With that being said, we can beat the Aints.....but I don't think Fich has more than 5 plays for running in his stupid fuckin playbook. Why not give the Aints run after run after run......we have Ridley and we have Samuels. That's more than enough to beat down the Aints D and keep Brees of the field.

But as one moron put it, no one understands the Steeler way.....no shit, they don't use the run game effectively anymore.
And as that same moron also said, we need to evolve.....Yet let's bitch because Ben throws 2 picks out of 60 attempts.....

No run game is what's killing us.....if you levee by the sword, prepare to die by the sword.

Game plan will be key to this game, and we all know how well the coaches on this team do that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the boys in the trenches deserve more credit.

With that being said, we can beat the Aints.....but I don't think Fich has more than 5 plays for running in his stupid fuckin playbook. Why not give the Aints run after run after run......we have Ridley and we have Samuels. That's more than enough to beat down the Aints D and keep Brees of the field.

No run game is what's killing us.....if you levee by the sword, prepare to die by the sword.

Yes sir!!!!

Saints gave up, 99, 105, 98 on the ground the last 3 games...the problem was the f'ing QBs couldn't pass worth a damn...DAL still beat them with only 200 yd passing, TB, and CAR only threw it 174 and 149 respectively...trust me NO is not THAT good of a pass DEF.

So...this OFC should be able to pound it 25-30 times against a 4-2-5 DEF.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we've found a very big answer to the question, do we have a running back if Conner goes down.....

Honestly, I don't think it's a matter of the running back, yet the 5 PRO BOWLERS IN FRONT OF WHOMEVER IS RUNNING THE BALL!!!!! Not taking anything away from Conner, but the boys in the trenches deserve more credit.
Preaching to @There is A Moose at 3rd's choir

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir!!!!

Saints gave up, 99, 105, 98 on the ground the last 3 games...the problem was the f'ing QBs couldn't pass worth a damn...DAL still beat them with only 200 yd passing, TB, and CAR only threw it 174 and 149 respectively...trust me NO is not THAT good of a pass DEF.

So...this OFC should be able to pound it 25-30 times against a 4-2-5 DEF.

Just to add to the argument for our boys in the trenches......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add to the argument for our boys in the trenches......

Good to see them getting the recognition...when your RB3 can go for a buck 40, that's plenty telling that the boys upfront are getting it done....with a backup at RT.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints aren't as scary as I thought they would've been after their loss to the Cowboys and their close game against Carolina. As we've seen, Pittsburgh is much much better than Carolina, however, we need to get to Drew and we need our secondary to keep the coverage tight, especially in the flat with Kamara and down the field on Michael Thomas. I think if our defense can do that, our offense can definitely get the work done. Ted Ginn will be back this week and he's a speedy guy so we need to make sure he doesn't speed past Davis and Haden and those guys. Saints' defense hasn't allowed more than 300 total yards the last two games, but our offense has accumulated more than 300 total yards in all but 1 games this year. The Saints have this odd system where they use Taysom Hill on some running plays or trick plays. They utilize all 3 of their QBs which is interesting to see but I'm hoping our defense recognizes those reads and I'm predicting a huge win here for our Steelers. Pittsburgh has dominated their games against the NFC South and New Orleans have had really close games, outside the Bengals game, against the AFC North. I just hope this game doesn't come down to a Boswell kick because anything can happen then. Conner probably won't play again but from the way Samuels played last week, I'm not too bothered by that.

Steelers 30
Saints 24

I'm also predicting a Chargers win over Baltimore, so this win will clinch the division for us!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints aren't as scary as I thought they would've been after their loss to the Cowboys and their close game against Carolina. As we've seen, Pittsburgh is much much better than Carolina, however, we need to get to Drew and we need our secondary to keep the coverage tight, especially in the flat with Kamara and down the field on Michael Thomas. I think if our defense can do that, our offense can definitely get the work done. Ted Ginn will be back this week and he's a speedy guy so we need to make sure he doesn't speed past Davis and Haden and those guys. Saints' defense hasn't allowed more than 300 total yards the last two games, but our offense has accumulated more than 300 total yards in all but 1 games this year. The Saints have this odd system where they use Taysom Hill on some running plays or trick plays. They utilize all 3 of their QBs which is interesting to see but I'm hoping our defense recognizes those reads and I'm predicting a huge win here for our Steelers. Pittsburgh has dominated their games against the NFC South and New Orleans have had really close games, outside the Bengals game, against the AFC North. I just hope this game doesn't come down to a Boswell kick because anything can happen then. Conner probably won't play again but from the way Samuels played last week, I'm not too bothered by that.

Steelers 30
Saints 24

I'm also predicting a Chargers win over Baltimore, so this win will clinch the division for us!

Good scouting. To expand on that a little.

NO will run the ball quite a bit actually, but will also they try to iso Kamara against a LB in base several times a game...1st down will be interesting. I have a feeling Butler will go with his 3 safety sub pkg for quite a few snaps in this game...especially if they're holding up vs the run. I can see a few snaps with 6 DBs out there.

Regardless, they can't afford to sit in their zone and hope to cover for 4 Qs...they are going to need to bring some heat and man up on the WRs which I think they can do. Thomas is a stud and should draw help over the top, obviously we've talked about Kamara...if they can keep those guys from having big games...I like their chances too.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look. At. This. Fuckin. Shit.

Saints DL Cam Jordan doesn't view Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger as Hall of Famer

Not only does it seem like Cam Jordan doesn't think Ben Roethlisberger is a Hall of Famer, but he even goes as far as to say that he would put Eli Manning ahead of Ben Roethlisberger in ranking the QBs of this era.
giphy.gif

Well that's one way to get yourself diagnosed with CTE.

If I were the reporter I would have said: "And how does it feel to be the 2nd best D-lineman named Cam on the field this Sunday?"

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Juju pulled his groin in practice today... Yikes

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look. At. This. Fuckin. Shit.

Saints DL Cam Jordan doesn't view Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger as Hall of Famer

Not only does it seem like Cam Jordan doesn't think Ben Roethlisberger is a Hall of Famer, but he even goes as far as to say that he would put Eli Manning ahead of Ben Roethlisberger in ranking the QBs of this era.
What is funny about this, on top of stating Eli Manning is better since 2004:

Wins: 143
passing yards: 55,527
TD's: 356

And the two QB's he thinks are better:

Rivers:
Wins: 117
Passing yards: 54,229
TD's: 373

Manning:
Wins: 116
Passing Yards: 55371
TD's: 357

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Running the ball is going to be a tough task if the stat I saw today was true. Saints have the #1 rushing defense? Ahead of the bears & Ravens. Even if thats statistically true I don’t know if I believe that they have the better rush defense. The goons up front are going to need another A+ performance and hopefully the passing attack is firing on all cylinders. They could be without JuJu since he pulled his groin in practice. Ben typically plays well in domes, so here’s to hoping that stays true! And if it’s not too much to ask, how about dropping 500 & 5 TDs so that we can all point & laugh at Cameron Jordan’s comments once again.

Defense... Saints offense is very dangerous, and honestly a matchup nightmare for Pittsburgh. They are incredibly good at getting the ball out in space. Tackling is going to be in the spotlight this week. And I hope the Steelers are ready for it! And Brees is still an incredibly efficient passer. The DBs are going to need to play the same physical brand of football that they did against NE.

Well if the coaches can somehow pull another rabbit out of their hats then they could possibly control this game. But I’m fearing for the worst again. Steelers on the road are some ugly sonsabitches. But hey, maybe the Ravens will do them a solid and lose on Saturday!

Saints 36 - Steelers 28

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a very interesting game to say the least. The Steelers are more than capable of winning this game. The big question is which Steelers team will show up? I want to believe in this team, I really do. Going to have to win this game before I fully get on board. Seems like we care more about this season than the players do at times. This team has to prove to us that they want it.

Well, it worked last Sunday:

PIT 17
NO 31

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is funny about this, on top of stating Eli Manning is better since 2004:

Wins: 143
passing yards: 55,527
TD's: 356

And the two QB's he thinks are better:

Rivers:
Wins: 117
Passing yards: 54,229
TD's: 373

Manning:
Wins: 116
Passing Yards: 55371
TD's: 357

You forgot the most important one.....

Eli Manning career ints-----237

Philip Rivers career hints----174

Big Ben-----------------------189

Some have even said Ben should retire because he's an interception machine :pound:

Imagine that!!!!!! :bullshit:

9576593-nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-at-philadelphia-eagles-850x560_kindlephoto-86801885.jpg

You just gave the baddest dawgs in the yard a reason to kick your ass.....

:yes: