• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 16...@ NO

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really entertaining game to watch....if you were not a Steeler fan.

That said, it's time to pack up the tent and go home.

HC...3 of 5...could easily be better...the team played hard, played with discipline, focus and urgency,the fake punt call was his undoing.

DEF...3 of 5...not to sound like an excuse, but the Ref crew just made some terrible calls...hope they do not find their way into the playoffs. The PI call on Haden in the endzone with a ball 6' over the WRs head...c'mon man WTF? Good blend of zone and man, but at 3rd & 20...he dropped back into his comfort zone and they gave up the 1st...WAY TOO EASY...now that was 4 down territory, but why not keep doing what was working!

OFC...4 of 5...Juju...gotta hold on to that one, but it wasn't to be. I thought the scheme followed the script that says you can't run on the Saints, but it also was working. Clearly Ben's best performance of the yr imo and the loud mouth DE for NO...got a pressure and a QB hit vs the BACK UP RT.

ST...3 of 5...this was a roller coaster game and the ST units played the same game.

Outlook...the Steelers played desperate, they coached desperate (for the most part), essentially 2 turnovers killed them. Steelers will likely miss the playoffs altogether...that's not something that many of us expected in SEPT when this season started....the next question for Steeler Nation is what will the fallout be? Who stays, who goes?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather miss the playoff and get a higher draft pick than back into the playoffs and be one and done. On the other hand, they’ll probably screw up the 1st round draft pick. #rockandahardplace

Unfortunately...just barely missing the playoff doesn't reward you with much better than a 20th slot. Currently they hold the 19th position. They will probably start Ben and beat CIN to finish...eh...that will probably project 20-23 position.

I'd rather be worse and picking top 10, or take my chances as a WC, but it ain't happening unless other teams fold. The Ravens have earned the DIV title and IND is playing better than PIT as well.

Since Sun evening, my mind has already shifted to the offseason. What will they do? Sure we can talk about the losses @ OAK, @ DEN but I'm more interested in who they best and aside from BAL...they beat NE for a change...they lost to EVERY other team in the playoffs this season.

Starting with the main man...Tomlin...most of us feel his time in PIT has run it's course and it's time for change. We also know the Rooney MO, but somebody has to pay imo.

Keith Butler...DC, thru 15 games played...this is a 15th ranked DEF...about as middle of the pack as you can be. The problem here...CB and ILB have been the problems for the last 2 seasons. Not Keith's fault, but if the scheme is truly his call on game day imo he should not be back next yr.

CB...
  • Sensabaugh is not worthy of bring back imo
  • Burns should've played his last game in PIT
  • Either they aim higher in FA, trade or the draft...anything short of that and we're asking for the same results in '19
ILB...
  • Bostic gave them a journeyman's performance. Overall stats slightly below his career avg for tackles...imo he's not the answer
  • Fort earned his time on the field and he did prove to be the best "coverage LB they could put out there...but is he the best option available in '19?
I'll probably start a thread on the offseason, or post more thoughts is such a thread exists already.

I do not think they can return intact.