• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14: Rams at Bears on Sunday Night Football

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time we made a game-thread for our "biggest game of the season" the week of a Sunday Night game, it went pretty well. IMO, this is an equally huge game. As winning it would really make it hard for us to give up our lead in the division. While losing it? If we lose this game and Minnesota wins in Seattle Monday Night. I think we lose the division on the final game in Minnesota. That would be absolutely devastating. Maybe we would still get a WC at 10-6 if we beat GB and SF... but still. It would be a big gut punch after riding such a high after Thanksgiving.

It looks like everyone on our injury report (Trubisky, Cunningham and McMannis) are practicing fully. We'll head into this game pretty healthy. I'm sure we'll be extremely fired up to make a statement at home.

I am very nervous, but I think we have a decent chance. We need Trubisky to be sharp and that makes me nervous, though. D has to find a way to pull out a big time performance. If this D wants to be the big swinging dick amongst the best units in the league, this is a game they win for us.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rams caught a bit of a break, weather-wise. Gonna be cold, maybe in the high 20's at best. But it's supposed to be dry as a bone and very little wind.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rams caught a bit of a break, weather-wise. Gonna be cold, maybe in the high 20's at best. But it's supposed to be dry as a bone and very little wind.

Well, the wind will be whipping up a bit more right on the lake. Which isn't what you see on the typical Chicago forecast. This also sets up a scenario where it will be a very, very cold night for the Rams - yet just another day at the office weather wise for the Bears. Perhaps it'll even feel nice. That may be even better than a big snowstorm or single digit temps, where everyone basically just becomes equally miserable.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the wind will be whipping up a bit more right on the lake. Which isn't what you see on the typical Chicago forecast. This also sets up a scenario where it will be a very, very cold night for the Rams - yet just another day at the office weather wise for the Bears. Perhaps it'll even feel nice. That may be even better than a big snowstorm or single digit temps, where everyone basically just becomes equally miserable.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Consider my previous post non-response as an oops. What I intended to say there was it's been a number of decades since I lived there, so I've long forgotten the nuances of Chicago's weather, and the lakefront in particular. I have to think if it is by chance windy on Sunday nite, this would benefit us more. And we're gonna need all the natural advantages we can get.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windy would be a disadvantage as our pass game is our strength. Outside of Trubs Nagy is clueless on how to get our run game going. It cost us our last game and the Mia game. My only complaint with Nagy is how he manages the run game.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

What is all of that white stuff?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

What is all of that white stuff?

Well its not in Chicago...……….

th

Good luck to you guys today...….I think we`ll need it a lot more than you will...….....I just have a feeling its not gonna be pretty...…….:rain:

Howard has been a huge disappointment...……..trubisky has shown flashes of being damn good,but tonights gonna be his biggest test yet.the last time he played vs a good defense in Minnesota,he was just ok...…Now hes gonna feel a lot of pressure from Donald.....The only thing that may save him is his best part of the game,his scrambling...….you contain that,you win.....

Our great d everyone talks about has been vs lesser teams that we should beat up on……...Rams/your team has argueably the best bak in football,a dame good qb,two very good wrs and a good te……..

I just don't see them stopping all of that.

Good luck to you guys and heres to the players being healthy at the end of the game..…...:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to you rambuttmunch. And by good luck I mean fk off. PS. It's game day. I'm hoping for a great game and I expect we will see one. Only team I hate is the Aints. And the Rams. But I only hate the Rams a few days every couple of years. And I only hate Ram fans on game day. Unless we lose then I hate them for 6 days.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn,such a great start by trubisky and he throws a pick.....

But atleast the D held up to only give up 3......

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game. The Bears defense is playing lights-out ball, but the offense looks anemic. Trubisky is definitely not playing well.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win, you won this game fair and square, we had no answer. Maybe we will see you again in January in a more reasonable temperature.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win, you won this game fair and square, we had no answer. Maybe we will see you again in January in a more reasonable temperature.

I suspect that we might... and I also suspect that there may be a different outcome. However, I must say - 26 degrees, basically no wind and dry is more than "reasonable" for a Chicago December night. lol. Downright balmy. Could have been way, way worse.

However, I will say that this matchup could be very different in the divisional round at your place.

Good luck the rest of the way and until we should meet again. :suds:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rfz43xf95g321.jpg