• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ Chargers - Sunday Night

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears defense is awful. They look decent against lesser talented QBs. The second they face a competent NFL QB it's over. Eberflus' defense is complete shit. Just call it the Cover Who or Cover None. He shows no exotic coverages...rushes 4 all the time...and the soft zone defense is just picked apart over and over. It's bad.

Everyone who has been watching this team could see it coming that we were going to get shredded defensively last night. We can't stop any team with a marginally competent quarterback. It's sad.

It pains me when we hear ex-Bears like Urlacher and Briggs stand up for Eberflus and the Cover 2 when it's obvious you need ridiculous talent to pull it off. But not just ridiculous talent: Ridiculous talent at every level of the defense. Even when we were good in the Lovie years, if even one of our better players got injured the falloff was so ridiculous you would just assume we had absolutely no depth. But really the scheme just demands so much more talent to pull off. Yes, it works if you are Brian Urlacher and cover 5 extra feet of radius around you. It's just not feasible 95% of the time.

That we thought we could pull off Eberflus' D with absolutely no pass rush is arrogance at the least. That's what gets me. EVERYONE KNEW WE HAD NO PASS RUSH...yet we slammed our heads into the wall anyway.

I'll be glad to see Eberflus go. Done with this sh*t.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 career starts. That's less than 2 full seasons.

By comparison Mitch made 50 career starts for the Bears. Cutler had over 100. 31 for Grossman. 33 for Orton.

So I'm curious to know what names make up the list of guys who would be given less time than Fields.
All those guys won games.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mostly riding the back of defenses that ranked in the top of the league while with Fields the defense has ranked at the bottom.

But I'm sure that makes no difference at all. Let's just nevermind that in the long losing streak this team surrendered 24 points or more in every single game.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pains me when we hear ex-Bears like Urlacher and Briggs stand up for Eberflus and the Cover 2 when it's obvious you need ridiculous talent to pull it off. But not just ridiculous talent: Ridiculous talent at every level of the defense. Even when we were good in the Lovie years, if even one of our better players got injured the falloff was so ridiculous you would just assume we had absolutely no depth. But really the scheme just demands so much more talent to pull off. Yes, it works if you are Brian Urlacher and cover 5 extra feet of radius around you. It's just not feasible 95% of the time.

The defense only works when you have a stud DL that can get pressure without help.

Even under Lovie the defense regressed after Tommie Harris, Alex Brown, and Ogunleye were no longer themselves anymore. And it didn't improve again until we got Peppers.

There are too many soft spots in the defense to allow QBs to have time to throw.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly riding the back of defenses that ranked in the top of the league while with Fields the defense has ranked at the bottom.

But I'm sure that makes no difference at all.

I mean...Yeah...Fields would have a winning record as a QB if you put the mid 2000s Bears defense behind him these past 2 seasons.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense only works when you have a stud DL that can get pressure without help.

Even under Lovie the defense regressed after Tommie Harris, Alex Brown, and Ogunleye were no longer themselves anymore. And it didn't improve again until we got Peppers.

There are too many soft spots in the defense to allow QBs to have time to throw.

I mean...It makes sense. How many times did we hear the "Welp...The offense didn't get it done AGAIN and here we go about to lose the game in the 4th quarter." It's because the pass rush would slow down at the end of the game and here we go...Guys are getting easy 5-10 yard pass chunks all the way down the field and we fans are praying for a turnover. It had it's faults even with great talent.

I'm just kind of amazed we are running it with absolutely minimal "just a guy" talent out there. This season is such pain. But Eberflus is so gone by end of the season...so at least we can hope the next guy has a better approach in 2024.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I'm sure that makes no difference at all. Let's just nevermind that in the long losing streak this team surrendered 24 points or more in every single game.
Sure, but in plenty of those 24 pt games, at least 7 pts were attributed to Justin turning it over.

It seems fairly obvious, that Fields' biggest problem resides between the ears. Been that way from the start...haven't seen any real consistent indications of improvement.

#teambagent

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...Yeah...Fields would have a winning record as a QB if you put the mid 2000s Bears defense behind him these past 2 seasons.
He couldn't carry Jay's jock, but sure, Rex and Orton I'll give ya.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emotions a little raw after another implosion.
Doesn't matter who the OC is, it amazes me that when we need 6 yards, we send in a play that gets 4 or 5.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't carry Jay's jock, but sure, Rex and Orton I'll give ya.

Nobody could carry Jay's jock baby.

Whole f*cking city of Chicago is calling him a quitter...Dude goes to the mall.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears insider Josh Shcrock does't cut the Bears much slack with his grades for this game:

Only the run defense gets a good grade for last night's efforts. I'll tell ya tho, I think giving the coaches a D- was being generous.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except they're saying its an illness.
that would be the first time an illness was blamed. (nobody wants to say Covid anymore). He has been on the list all season. Left that third game with an injury, then Jackson left, and he returned and was still diving onto piles after a runner was down.