• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10 vs Eagles

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to sound like a jerk here but this one is pretty simple guys.

The coaching staff's jobs are on the line... What is the only way you save your job as a coach? By winning football games. Who does this staff feel gives them the best chance to win games and save their jobs? Bridgewater. We are not great but we are at .500, not good enough to save jobs but they still have to try... I was a fan of Lock coming out, I was rooting for him to win the job this year, but it makes sense to me. I get it. We don't see these two every day in practice like they do.

This has nothing to do about punishing a QB for being on the covid list. One of which happened two weeks ago after he had already been beat out. Sorry, but if you feel a QB gives you a better chance to win football games to save your job you aren't going to "punish" him for something that thousands of people are dealing with right now.

I think some of you are thinking about yourself in this situation. You are like me. You want to see Lock get that one last chance before we give up. You don't think Bridgewater is the long term here and you want to give Lock that one last shot before we close the door. I get it. I am there too...

But my job or your job aren't on the line here. Weather Lock or Bridgewater are the QB's of the Denver Broncos I still get to flip my computer lid on in the morning and collect my paycheck. What would I do if my decision determined if I got to do that for another year or if it was the final few months? I would do the things that gave me the best chance to keep my job. Look, the staff has given up on Lock.... I wanted him to succeed. I still like Lock. I had much better hope with him then any of the other QB's we have tried since the Manning era. But it is do or die time for our staff and Bridgewater is the guy they feel gives them the best chance. If this was a first year coaching staff they may give Lock one last look. They still may if it gets deeper into the season but Bridgewater is not playing awful like some seem to suggest. We are 5-5... Typically, at 5-5 you don't pull what you would deem to be the better QB of the two. Now is not the time.
Amazing that you can sound like a jerk without even trying. :pound:

Did you know that by shuffling the letters in your name you could be Czar Drafty? Just a casual observation.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that you can sound like a jerk without even trying. :pound:

Did you know that by shuffling the letters in your name you could be Czar Drafty? Just a casual observation.
You said you weren’t trying to sound like a jerk. Just yanking your chain, Czar, sir.