• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10 vs Eagles

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Options outside of brining in Russell Wilson to start at square one for QB next year aren't all that great and that will cost a fortune. The draft QB's are not looking good and Rodger's is way to off the deep end and old to give up much for and Watson is still way in limbo so if we scrap the QB room where do we even begin to start over. Some other journey man or has been vet?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he makes the call as to if Lock is around which is pretty much the start to everything and it is pretty clear neither of them are feeling Lock.

Well, he already made that call through one offseason. If Paton didn’t believe Lock has any future in Denver, he could have drafted Jones or Fields. Paton must see some value in Drew and I’m willing to bet that if Drew isn’t traded this offseason, he will be a Bronco in 2022.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he already made that call through one offseason. If Paton didn’t believe Lock has any future in Denver, he could have drafted Jones or Fields. Paton must see some value in Drew and I’m willing to bet that if Drew isn’t traded this offseason, he will be a Bronco in 2022.
It told me most likely a new VET QB in 22

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dalton was the best we could do I would imagine we would just keep Bridgewater.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His reason is that he isn’t high onhim. It is obvious. Not many QB’s start then are ok being a backup on the same team that demotes them. Just watch. Lock will surely be gone. If you pay attention to how teams/players, toxic environments respond. Lock will be gone. He isn’t happy here. The team isn’t happy with him. He’s gone after this year! No doubt about it barring a miracle in him getting an opportunity this year and shocking the staff. This isn’t just Fangio not high on him it is the entire organization.
Do you have an inside source regarding the entire organizations conviction?
The public profile approaching the season was ‘too close to call’ Teddy competition right up til the regular season. Now everyone is pissing on Lock’s grave? Would love to know the truth.

Good conversation on this subject, gents.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets review the facts around Lock. He has been very up and down as a QB over his career, but the raw stats don't support him as a future franchise QB. The FO is very aware of the numbers. Lock played pretty well in the pre-season with one notable exception and "tied" with Teddy yet Teddy was given the job. Reporters suggest it was not a real competition to begin with. Not a fact is I believe Lock looked better than Teddy in the preseason but that is opinion. Teddy has struggled and just committed a nearly unforgivable act during a game yet there is no even hint of turning to Lock.

Shouldn't that tell us all we need to know about the organizations opinion of Lock?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you remember a very different Lock than I do. I doubt he gives you better than Bridgewater, just different ways to fail.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you remember a very different Lock than I do. I doubt he gives you better than Bridgewater, just different ways to fail.
Lock has more potential. We know he has his faults but he has a higher ceiling that Teddy. And that is the reason you go with Drew. We aren't going to make the playoffs.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will still most likely lose a majority of our games, but as a fan, I want Lock because of the excitement that he brings with the downfield throws. Bridgewater in the last game and a lot of games really doesn't attack the defense early in the games. The last game was ridiculous on his aggressiveness. He only had 2 downfield throws (Sutton, Juedy, and later in the game) and one was a defensive pass-interference and the other Juedy was wide open and missed him badly. Lock will throw it more downfield, but probably will overthrow them the ball though.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock has been on the Covid list twice in 2 years and part of me wonders if Lock is being punished for embarrassing the team last year before the Saints game. Can’t get mad at Driskel and Bortles as they aren’t on the team anymore so Lock is the scapegoat. We know coaches in the NFL hold grudges against players(just look at Belicheck and how he reprimands players) so I wonder if Lock is still dealing with the fallout from that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to sound like a jerk here but this one is pretty simple guys.

The coaching staff's jobs are on the line... What is the only way you save your job as a coach? By winning football games. Who does this staff feel gives them the best chance to win games and save their jobs? Bridgewater. We are not great but we are at .500, not good enough to save jobs but they still have to try... I was a fan of Lock coming out, I was rooting for him to win the job this year, but it makes sense to me. I get it. We don't see these two every day in practice like they do.

This has nothing to do about punishing a QB for being on the covid list. One of which happened two weeks ago after he had already been beat out. Sorry, but if you feel a QB gives you a better chance to win football games to save your job you aren't going to "punish" him for something that thousands of people are dealing with right now.

I think some of you are thinking about yourself in this situation. You are like me. You want to see Lock get that one last chance before we give up. You don't think Bridgewater is the long term here and you want to give Lock that one last shot before we close the door. I get it. I am there too...

But my job or your job aren't on the line here. Weather Lock or Bridgewater are the QB's of the Denver Broncos I still get to flip my computer lid on in the morning and collect my paycheck. What would I do if my decision determined if I got to do that for another year or if it was the final few months? I would do the things that gave me the best chance to keep my job. Look, the staff has given up on Lock.... I wanted him to succeed. I still like Lock. I had much better hope with him then any of the other QB's we have tried since the Manning era. But it is do or die time for our staff and Bridgewater is the guy they feel gives them the best chance. If this was a first year coaching staff they may give Lock one last look. They still may if it gets deeper into the season but Bridgewater is not playing awful like some seem to suggest. We are 5-5... Typically, at 5-5 you don't pull what you would deem to be the better QB of the two. Now is not the time.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to sound like a jerk here but this one is pretty simple guys.

The coaching staff's jobs are on the line... What is the only way you save your job as a coach? By winning football games. Who does this staff feel gives them the best chance to win games and save their jobs? Bridgewater. We are not great but we are at .500, not good enough to save jobs but they still have to try... I was a fan of Lock coming out, I was rooting for him to win the job this year, but it makes sense to me. I get it. We don't see these two every day in practice like they do.

This has nothing to do about punishing a QB for being on the covid list. One of which happened two weeks ago after he had already been beat out. Sorry, but if you feel a QB gives you a better chance to win football games to save your job you aren't going to "punish" him for something that thousands of people are dealing with right now.

I think some of you are thinking about yourself in this situation. You are like me. You want to see Lock get that one last chance before we give up. You don't think Bridgewater is the long term here and you want to give Lock that one last shot before we close the door. I get it. I am there too...

But my job or your job aren't on the line here. Weather Lock or Bridgewater are the QB's of the Denver Broncos I still get to flip my computer lid on in the morning and collect my paycheck. What would I do if my decision determined if I got to do that for another year or if it was the final few months? I would do the things that gave me the best chance to keep my job. Look, the staff has given up on Lock.... I wanted him to succeed. I still like Lock. I had much better hope with him then any of the other QB's we have tried since the Manning era. But it is do or die time for our staff and Bridgewater is the guy they feel gives them the best chance. If this was a first year coaching staff they may give Lock one last look. They still may if it gets deeper into the season but Bridgewater is not playing awful like some seem to suggest. We are 5-5... Typically, at 5-5 you don't pull what you would deem to be the better QB of the two. Now is not the time.
I would argue that now is the time. We are going no where. We aren't making the playoffs. Fangio and Co. will be gone after the season. As will Teddy. I would rather see Lock play against the KC twice, LAC twice and the Raiders once. I wanna see how he fairs in that gauntlet, not Teddy. It sucks to say it but we need to be looking towards next year. And by doing that....play Lock the rest of the season and see what you have.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that now is the time. We are going no where. We aren't making the playoffs. Fangio and Co. will be gone after the season. As will Teddy. I would rather see Lock play against the KC twice, LAC twice and the Raiders once. I wanna see how he fairs in that gauntlet, not Teddy. It sucks to say it but we need to be looking towards next year. And by doing that....play Lock the rest of the season and see what you have.

My point is.. I get it from my standpoint from your standpoint. What benefits us?

But the people making the decisions trying to save their job... You aren't going to win that argument with them.

I get it..... I get your reason and I get the argument. A big part of me wants to see Lock in there and see if there is any last ditch chance for him.

But I have nothing to lose and neither do you.

They do! That's really the difference between you and me wanting Lock and Fangio and staff actually putting Lock in there.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans can't embrace the fact nothing will change this last 7 games (barring serious injury). Just enjoy the last 7 games. I think Clev game answered Teddy vs Lock loudly. Spot on DC

Isn't it weird to see 5-5 record but, feel like we are 2-8 team and expect in our minds us to finish 2-5

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans can't embrace the fact nothing will change this last 7 games (barring serious injury). Just enjoy the last 7 games. I think Clev game answered Teddy vs Lock loudly. Spot on DC

Isn't it weird to see 5-5 record but, feel like we are 2-8 team and expect in our minds us to finish 2-5

Agree- It doesn't feel like we are 5-5. Feels more like we are about 3-8.

The Cowboys win was an awesome moment... If we could just beat the Chiefs for a change I would be happy enough going into next year with more changes needed. Whatever at this point.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is.. I get it from my standpoint from your standpoint. What benefits us?

But the people making the decisions trying to save their job... You aren't going to win that argument with them.

I get it..... I get your reason and I get the argument. A big part of me wants to see Lock in there and see if there is any last ditch chance for him.

But I have nothing to lose and neither do you.

They do! That's really the difference between you and me wanting Lock and Fangio and staff actually putting Lock in there.
IMO, they have nothing to lose as well. They need to swing for the fences and try to save their jobs. By sticking with Teddy for the remainder of the year.....they are settling for average.

I agree 100% with you. I just don't know how they think Teddy can save their jobs. Is Fangio that blinded??!?!
That's where I wish Paton would sit Fangio down and tell him we aren't going to make the playoffs this year, lets see what we have with Drew.
In hindsight....Drew might save Fangio's job!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vibe is that neither have any faith that Lock will save our season or Fangio's time in Denver. It's the boring route as a fan but probably the best option as a coach. I don't think Bridgewater is going to save Fangio at this point but I think he and the team feel it is his best option.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vibe is that neither have any faith that Lock will save our season or Fangio's time in Denver. It's the boring route as a fan but probably the best option as a coach. I don't think Bridgewater is going to save Fangio at this point but I think he and the team feel it is his best option.
Agree.
It's just sad when we are complacent with average.
Think outside the box and roll the dice.