• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10 vs Eagles

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Litton posted this 3 hours ago! Completely agree!

I have been an advocate for Teddy Bridgewater all season. I believed (and still do) he was the only real choice at quarterback. But the lack of effort yesterday during the Eagles game was nothing short of atrocious. That said I would, if I were running this team make three moves during the Bye week.
1. Fire Fangio. Now. Let Ed Donatell coach the rest of the way.
2. Fire Shumer. Now.
3. Bench Teddy Bridgewater and do not ever let him play again. If Lock goes down use another back-up. He has lost the respect of his teammates and fans (and, obviously, mine as well) by his lack of effort on the fumble return play. Lock isn't a better choice but now becomes the only choice. Broncos fans deserve better. His teammates deserve better.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former NFL head coach and current ESPN analyst Rex Ryan used a portion of his airtime Monday to call for the benching of Denver Broncos quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

Ryan, formerly the Jets and Bills head man, took particular umbrage to Bridgewater's failed tackle attempt that punctuated Sunday's dispiriting loss to Philadelphia — an "attempt" in the loosest sense of the word.

“I’d bench his a--,” Ryan said on ESPN's Get Up, via SportsCasting.com. “You’re not Peyton Manning, dude. You got two gloves. Go tackle his a--.”

EXACTLY!!!!! Fangio doesn't have the balls!
Not exactly the guy I’d take advice from! ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3 on his list is ridiculous. Dumb!

1&2 are debatable but I don’t see how Donatell as our HC makes us a better team unless players hate Fangio.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Writers should know better than to demand in season firings. I just don't see it happening to the HC now on a team that is going on sale soon. OC? Maybe. ST coach? Maybe.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW,

You could tell from the opening drive this game was not going to go good last week. Total opposite vibes from the Cowboys game the week before. Felt like the start of the Browns game all over.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3 on his list is ridiculous. Dumb!

1&2 are debatable but I don’t see how Donatell as our HC makes us a better team unless players hate Fangio.
Drew Litton has been swinging from Teddy’s jock all season. It seems the embarrassing optics of the tackle refusal was more than he could take. I haven’t listened to him all season. He’s a cartoonist. Maybe he should draw himself flipping out.

For me, I’m pretty close to evaluating what we have in the QB room. Start Lock and see where he is. It seems clear that Teddy isn’t a franchise guy, so play Drew. At a minimum perhaps you can create some value for Lock. I think you have to ride Teddy for a couple more losses though.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Litton has been swinging from Teddy’s jock all season. It seems the embarrassing optics of the tackle refusal was more than he could take. I haven’t listened to him all season. He’s a cartoonist. Maybe he should draw himself flipping out.

For me, I’m pretty close to evaluating what we have in the QB room. Start Lock and see where he is. It seems clear that Teddy isn’t a franchise guy, so play Drew. At a minimum perhaps you can create some value for Lock. I think you have to ride Teddy for a couple more losses though.
agree!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is pretty clear this staff has no desire to see Drew Lock anymore. They have made it obvious he isn’t our future and their jobs are on the line. Bridgewater is their only hope. I want to see Drew Lock succeed but this one is pretty easy to figure out here folks. Jobs are on the line. It is probably already too late to save anyone though barring a major swing in win total. Time is running out and this staff has to play the guy they feel gives them the best chance to win.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is pretty clear this staff has no desire to see Drew Lock anymore. They have made it obvious he isn’t our future and their jobs are on the line. Bridgewater is their only hope. I want to see Drew Lock succeed but this one is pretty easy to figure out here folks. Jobs are on the line. It is probably already too late to save anyone though barring a major swing in win total. Time is running out and this staff has to play the guy they feel gives them the best chance to win.

The good news is Fangio probably won't be here next year and Lock probably will. We can get him a coach that doesn't hate him. Get him a coach that can get him back to where he was in his rookie year when he went 4-1 and had a QB rating of almost 90.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing neither will be back next year to be honest. Paton isn’t going anywhere and he doesn’t appear to be interested in sticking with him.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent but we are 5-5 with Teddy at QB and our schedule only gets tougher with having to play KC/LAC each twice and LV once more. To me they ran out of time. We are not going to make the playoffs. We traded our best player for draft capital.....that was the first sign of turning the page to next season. I wish we would have done the same with Teddy and ship him back to N.O for picks. Drew is probably not the QBOTF for Denver but we know 100% Teddy isn't. Roll with Drew after the bye week and see what happens.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing neither will be back next year to be honest. Paton isn’t going anywhere and he doesn’t appear to be interested in sticking with him.

Drew is still on his rookie contract and has starting experience. Unless another team comes and offers something for him, Paton doesn't have much reason to just dump him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His reason is that he isn’t high onhim. It is obvious. Not many QB’s start then are ok being a backup on the same team that demotes them. Just watch. Lock will surely be gone. If you pay attention to how teams/players, toxic environments respond. Lock will be gone. He isn’t happy here. The team isn’t happy with him. He’s gone after this year! No doubt about it barring a miracle in him getting an opportunity this year and shocking the staff. This isn’t just Fangio not high on him it is the entire organization.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we plan to draft a rookie QB this year then Teddy will be back.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His reason is that he isn’t high onhim. It is obvious. Not many QB’s start then are ok being a backup on the same team that demotes them. Just watch. Lock will surely be gone. If you pay attention to how teams/players, toxic environments respond. Lock will be gone. He isn’t happy here. The team isn’t happy with him. He’s gone after this year! No doubt about it barring a miracle in him getting an opportunity this year and shocking the staff. This isn’t just Fangio not high on him it is the entire organization.

I don't know what Paton's feelings are about Lock. He brought in Teddy to compete for the starting job, but the GM doesn't make the call on who plays and who doesn't. Fangio clearly doesn't care about Lock at all, but Lock is far from toast. Get rid of the toxic HC and Lock gets a fresh start.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this game isn't evidence enough that Fangio cannot consistently get his players ready to play games than I don't know what is. Teddy B is what he has always been and that is a mediocre QB with very little upside. He can win games when the running game and defense dominates, but is otherwise incapable of doing much on his own. Yet we will roll with Teddy all year. It is mind boggling as the coaches have to know Teddy isn't saving their jobs so why are they sticking with him? We also see where his heart and effort is and it ain't where it needs to be. This is as bad of a 5-5 team as I have seen over the years and really quite hard to watch.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this game isn't evidence enough that Fangio cannot consistently get his players ready to play games than I don't know what is. Teddy B is what he has always been and that is a mediocre QB with very little upside. He can win games when the running game and defense dominates, but is otherwise incapable of doing much on his own. Yet we will roll with Teddy all year. It is mind boggling as the coaches have to know Teddy isn't saving their jobs so why are they sticking with him? We also see where his heart and effort is and it ain't where it needs to be. This is as bad of a 5-5 team as I have seen over the years and really quite hard to watch.

That is where i am at as well.....Fangio and Co. has to know that Teddy isn't going to take us to the playoffs and save their jobs, so why not the change? Is Fangio that stubborn? Is he that clueless?!?!?
Teddy is a facilitator. He cannot make plays on his own. He will not leave the pocket to make a play. In the division we are in, we need a QB that can consistently move the chains when the running game isn't dominate.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Paton's feelings are about Lock. He brought in Teddy to compete for the starting job, but the GM doesn't make the call on who plays and who doesn't. Fangio clearly doesn't care about Lock at all, but Lock is far from toast. Get rid of the toxic HC and Lock gets a fresh start.
classic moneyball

paton: you cant start teddy
vic: my team you can’t tell me who i can play and not play
paton: cant start him cause i traded him to New Orleans

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this is what we should do in 22. Clear out QB room and start fresh.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, but he makes the call as to if Lock is around which is pretty much the start to everything and it is pretty clear neither of them are feeling Lock.