• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10 Bobby Hart NonParticipation Trophy

Which Bengal will embarrass his pets against the Steelers?

• Bobby Hart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A,J, Green

• William Jackson

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Billy Price

• Josh Bynes

• Other: Specify in comments

• Total voters

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An completely unexpected victory against a good team makes sorting out the NonParticipation Trophy a tough task. Overall, the level of play was pretty solid. The defense wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination, as thte Titans had over 200 yards rushing and passing. But they did step up and make a play every once in a while. Carl Lawson was suggested for his very inopportune offsides penalty that negated a game sealing interception. But he also wasn't worthless the rest of the time (like Carlos Dunlap) and he got in the backfield a couple times. Williams Jackson got a long look for general crappiness and that play where he both blew the coverage and missed the tackle to give up a touchdown. But you know, they did all right.

The offense was also all right. Burrow was generally strong, though that last interception gave me a lot of flashbacks to Bengals past. The refs erased it on a call I still don't understand but heartily agree with. A.J. Green has perfected the "run 10 yards and turn around" route. He looks generally confused all the time, but he at least had a couple catches. The backs were good. So that leads us the usual culprit - the offensive line. The line was fine! Good even. But good Lord, look who played. We mostly ran with the following line.

LT - Hakeem Adenji (Rookie 6th round pick)
LG - Quentin Spain (signed on Wednesday)
C - Billy Price (yeesh)
RG - Alex Redmond (practice squad at start of season)
RT - Fred Johnson (gross)

The fact is the Bengals rolled out a bunch of guys who's next stop is working at Walmart, and they were as good or better than the guys they actually started the season with. So this week the NonParticipation Trophy goes to Bobby Hart, who didn't participate and when he has played has been generally terrible. Michael Jordan was another possibility, but he's still on his rookie contract. We resigned Hart despite his awfulness. So for this week and really the entire first half of the season, Bobby Hart has been the embodiment of a Bengal.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good write up. Bobby Hart seems to be an expensive backup at this point.

hey, I couldn't tell, did BJ play any snaps on the OL?

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good write up. Bobby Hart seems to be an expensive backup at this point.

hey, I couldn't tell, did BJ play any snaps on the OL?
No, they said he's still in the covid quarantine protocol. I found that weird, since Spain got signed this week and could play, but whatever.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what happens when you have to say goodbye to your hooker before coming to the natti

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they said he's still in the covid quarantine protocol. I found that weird, since Spain got signed this week and could play, but whatever.
My understanding was the Spain showed up and was quarantined for 6 days prior to him signing or whatever. Due to the date of the trade, the quarantine timeline wouldn't allow for either Carlos or BJ to play this week since the quarantine end date was today, I think?

Either way, I believe it had to do with the actual days that the new teams were able to quarantine the players prior to them being eligible to play.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to nominate William Jackson III

The more I watch him, the less impressed I am. He's not a great cover guy, and his tackling is below par. Maybe I just happened to notice him a bit more when things are going sideways for whatever reason, but from where he was that 1st year he played to now - it's a massive regression, IMO.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to nominate William Jackson III

The more I watch him, the less impressed I am. He's not a great cover guy, and his tackling is below par. Maybe I just happened to notice him a bit more when things are going sideways for whatever reason, but from where he was that 1st year he played to now - it's a massive regression, IMO.

William Jackson either never lived up to his potential or was just very overrated. He made his career on two good days against Antonio Brown (admittedly that couldn't have been easy to do) and some inflated PFF stats a few years ago. When teams started throwing at him more, he was exposed for what he is - An average corner that can't stay healthy.

To be fair, I imagine its been hard to be a corner on this team over the past couple of years. The pass rush is terrible and the pressure packages are not creative at all. Back when Zimmer was here, he had some good corners in Hall and Joseph, but he also had all sorts of creative ways to disrupt the qb.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An completely unexpected victory against a good team makes sorting out the NonParticipation Trophy a tough task. Overall, the level of play was pretty solid. The defense wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination, as thte Titans had over 200 yards rushing and passing. But they did step up and make a play every once in a while. Carl Lawson was suggested for his very inopportune offsides penalty that negated a game sealing interception. But he also wasn't worthless the rest of the time (like Carlos Dunlap) and he got in the backfield a couple times. Williams Jackson got a long look for general crappiness and that play where he both blew the coverage and missed the tackle to give up a touchdown. But you know, they did all right.

The offense was also all right. Burrow was generally strong, though that last interception gave me a lot of flashbacks to Bengals past. The refs erased it on a call I still don't understand but heartily agree with. A.J. Green has perfected the "run 10 yards and turn around" route. He looks generally confused all the time, but he at least had a couple catches. The backs were good. So that leads us the usual culprit - the offensive line. The line was fine! Good even. But good Lord, look who played. We mostly ran with the following line.

LT - Hakeem Adenji (Rookie 6th round pick)
LG - Quentin Spain (signed on Wednesday)
C - Billy Price (yeesh)
RG - Alex Redmond (practice squad at start of season)
RT - Fred Johnson (gross)

The fact is the Bengals rolled out a bunch of guys who's next stop is working at Walmart, and they were as good or better than the guys they actually started the season with. So this week the NonParticipation Trophy goes to Bobby Hart, who didn't participate and when he has played has been generally terrible. Michael Jordan was another possibility, but he's still on his rookie contract. We resigned Hart despite his awfulness. So for this week and really the entire first half of the season, Bobby Hart has been the embodiment of a Bengal.
The Michael Jordan love is starting to wear thin.... Two straight seasons I hear about how good this guy looks in practice. I'm just not seeing how he makes us better. I'm also wondering what the hell happened to Hopkins. He used to seem like the only capable lineman, and now the team is better with him on the bench. It would be a great story if Billy Price grabbed the center position, signed a contract extension and suddenly was able to anchor the line for the first half decade of the Burrow era..... Probably too much to ask for. Adenji and Spain looked like pros out there on Sunday. I went back and read the draft reports about Adenji - And maybe some of those negatives will show up against a good rusher, but he looked the part on Sunday. The hopeless optimist should be rooting for him to grab the LT job so that Jonah can be moved to RT - A position he's probably better suited to play.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Michael Jordan love is starting to wear thin.... Two straight seasons I hear about how good this guy looks in practice. I'm just not seeing how he makes us better. I'm also wondering what the hell happened to Hopkins. He used to seem like the only capable lineman, and now the team is better with him on the bench. It would be a great story if Billy Price grabbed the center position, signed a contract extension and suddenly was able to anchor the line for the first half decade of the Burrow era..... Probably too much to ask for. Adenji and Spain looked like pros out there on Sunday. I went back and read the draft reports about Adenji - And maybe some of those negatives will show up against a good rusher, but he looked the part on Sunday. The hopeless optimist should be rooting for him to grab the LT job so that Jonah can be moved to RT - A position he's probably better suited to play.

practice? we talkin' bout practice? practice.

The thing about practice, sometimes it's just there to inflate your confidence. If you are lined up against someone half your talent every practice, and then you get to the game and you are up against an all pro every week, well, that's called being a professional, but not for long.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's already started:

First, there are reports that Big Ben hurt both of his knees against the Cowboys, and by some miracle finished the game, now the media is questioning if he'll be ok a week later to play, and now, our favorite drama queen is on the covid list and has to isolate and can't practice all week.

Why does he need to create such drama just to do what he always does, beat the bengals?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need some drama for your end of the year season summary video. No one's going to make a movie about your career if there aren't ups and downs. He's fine, he was near some folks who had covid, he doesn't actually have it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's already started:

First, there are reports that Big Ben hurt both of his knees against the Cowboys, and by some miracle finished the game, now the media is questioning if he'll be ok a week later to play, and now, our favorite drama queen is on the covid list and has to isolate and can't practice all week.

Why does he need to create such drama just to do what he always does, beat the bengals?

Big Ben will come off the respirator on Sunday morning and throw 4 touchdowns against us.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Erickson the leader in the clubhouse

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s William Jackson getting burned again

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
William Jackson end zone pi.
bum

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is It me or do the Steelers dance after every play?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone give me a good reason for Alex Erickson to be on this team? He's a guy that's on the team just to catch punts? He sucked all day yesterday.... Letting punts roll. The fumble. Whatever. Brandon Wilson already takes up a roster spot as a returner. On a day when we had like three cornerbacks healthy, we had two returners on the active roster. This makes no sense to me.