• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Denver Broncos at New York Giants

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting note from Nick Kosmider at ThE Atletic.

Yesterday the Broncos lined up 3 TEs in 10 of their 66 snaps. All of last year they used 3 TEs 37 time the entire season.

It was nice to see Saubert get some action... Reppin Drake of course. ;)

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yesterday the Broncos lined up 3 TEs in 10 of their 66 snaps. All of last year they used 3 TEs 37 time the entire season.
Honestly this is good. I'm really excited about all 3 of our tight ends. I was very impressed with Saubert in preseason.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was encouraging for Saubert that we liked him enough to have Beck our H-back inactive for this game. It also helps that Saubert is a better special teams player then him but the fact that he saw snaps also is telling about what we think of him... He did drop a pass but honestly it was like a zero yard gain anyway so it didn't hurt us.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Broncos also threw to all three of them - which should cause a preparation problem for opposing Ds.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon's ability to outrun all the Giants Dbacks was impressive.

I may sound like a broken record here but that play right there is exactly what brings me back to why we signed him... Vision, broke a tackle, vision, cut, foot race, touchdown.

Remember when people wanted Lindsay over Melvin Gordon and to ship Tim Patrick away for virtually what would have been no good value in return?

and that isn't to say Lindsay isn't good because he is. He just isn't Melvin Gordon.... I think Gordon has a bit of a chip on his shoulder this year. We didn't use him to the best of his ability last year, IMO and now everyone is forgetting about him for Javontae Williams....

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a great stat, thanks. I love the three TE look and I feel opposing defenses hate it!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 D players played 100% of the defensive snaps.

Josey Jewell
Ronald Darby
Justin Simmons
Kareem Jackson

90%
Kyle Fuller

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 D players played 100% of the defensive snaps.

Josey Jewell
Ronald Darby
Justin Simmons
Kareem Jackson

90%
Kyle Fuller
Jewell and Jackson stood out to my
eye.

And Ford caught my eye on special teams. I wish they had replayed that return that he was penalized. When I saw it live I didn’t see anything egregious.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewell and Jackson stood out to my
eye.

And Ford caught my eye on special teams. I wish they had replayed that return that he was penalized. When I saw it live I didn’t see anything egregious.

Agree with all of this.

Jewell and Jackson played well. Both flying all over the field.

Jewell never plays with much emotion. He never did at Iowa, but he leads by example and how hard he works. Very quiet guy. I love his play though. So dependable.

I thought the same on Mike Ford. Really happy we claimed him after seeing his week 1 play on special teams and I would like to see a replay of the late hit. I did not feel it was warrant of a flag but I would have to see it again.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you wanna know how Gordon was able to break a 70 yard run?

When was the last time Denver had drives of 10, 15, and 16 plays in one game?!?! All those drives were before Gordon's run. You keep trying to run the ball, convert your 3rd downs and in the 4th quarter when the defense is tired you'll break the long one! Great game. I loves the play calling and the running.. RUN THAT DAMN BALL and stay with it!!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you wanna know how Gordon was able to break a 70 yard run?

When was the last time Denver had drives of 10, 15, and 16 plays in one game?!?! All those drives were before Gordon's run. You keep trying to run the ball, convert your 3rd downs and in the 4th quarter when the defense is tired you'll break the long one! Great game. I loves the play calling and the running.. RUN THAT DAMN BALL and stay with it!!!

Very good point. We kept drives alive. This game went very quickly because we kept the clocking running and keeping drives alive. It was nice to see Melvin Gordon get a higher snap count then Sam Martin. ;)

The third quarter we had the ball nearly the first 8 minutes of the quarter.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good point. We kept drives alive. This game went very quickly because we kept the clocking running and keeping drives alive. It was nice to see Melvin Gordon get a higher snap count then Sam Martin. ;)

Javonte Williams actually had more carries than Gordan.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

teams that score before half and score coming out of the half win 70% of the time.

winning the toss and getting that last possession of the first half is huge

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams that score before half and score coming out of the half win 70% of the time.

winning the toss and getting that last possession of the first half is huge

Something that always irked me with Shanahan. He always wanted the ball first. I always prefer the ball second.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that always irked me with Shanahan. He always wanted the ball first. I always prefer the ball second.
My impression of him was that he thought he could always get a good shot at a score right off the bat. Before the opposition could see your game plan and before deep in-game situational decision making had to be done.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another cool note (both bad and good) from Kosmider is that Teddy faced the second most pressure of any QB. Only the Steelers pressured Allen more than the Giants pressured Teddy. That’s the bad - so that says the Oline didn’t hold up well to a tough Giants Dline that we knew going in was good.

The good? In those 17 situations, Teddy completed 12 passes for 101 yards and a TD. On those 17 passes under pressure, he had a 105.3 passer rating. Compare that to across the board in the league in 2020, the QB rating under pressure was 24.8.

I’m sure that isn’t sustainable, but hopefully he won’t face that much pressure each week either.

JuTang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatched the game and came away more impressed with Bridgewater's pocket presence. Most of the pressure came in the middle. TB either waited until the last min to get rid of the ball or slid slightly to the side. For the most part hit his targets I stride especially Fant and allowed for decent yac.

Also TB spread the ball around quite well which will make it hard for defensive coordinators to exploit any tendencies.

Sutton was really quiet so guessing it was either snap count or his knee still needs more time.

Only one game but combined with the preseason and that the giants d is good, the Broncos offense looks like it might be top 10 for the year.