• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We can't catch a damn break

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curse of Jerry.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be worse, he be back by preseason so we can see him play. At least it wasn't one of our DEs? Think positive!

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 aside, this team never has much luck with injuries. I don't even worry about it anymore - it's going to happen. Next man up!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 aside, this team never has much luck with injuries. I don't even worry about it anymore - it's going to happen. Next man up!
2014 saw Lee go down in mini camp

jerry pissed off the football Gods a long time ago

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up
problem is there is no next man up
DL is way to thin and if this kid rushes back it could be damaging to his career

Time to get through the preseason and the first game and bring in some vet help

JMHO

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 saw Lee go down in mini camp

jerry pissed off the football Gods a long time ago

I expect that will happen even in the best of years. That guy can't buy a break. Lee's body is not built to stand up to the riggers of playing LBer in the NFL - just the sad truth of it.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect that will happen even in the best of years. That guy can't buy a break. Lee's body is not built to stand up to the riggers of playing LBer in the NFL - just the sad truth of it.
He is also one of those players that plays full out. Puts it all out there I think that adds to the chance of injury.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is also one of those players that plays full out. Puts it all out there I think that adds to the chance of injury.

Rusty Greer agrees

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I wouldn't care much about losing a 3rd rounder to injury in the Summer. We normally don't get much out of them early on. But this year with the dopes out for 4 games I was hoping for contributions from some unexpected places for the first month of the year.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that Sean Lee is a max effort guy, and I respect and appreciate that about him. That said, it hasn't helped him stay healthy for a full season in what, 7-8 seasons (going all the way back to his sophomore year in college)? Sean Lee is the definition of injury prone.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had high hopes,but he can still play this season so that is a plus. We need guys like russel,may own and Irving to break out. I also like thornton and see him as a stout run defender and can rush anywhere off the line. Thornton was a very shrewd addition. Allowing hardy to walk was addition by subtraction. He was a cancer

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys' McFadden out after elbow surgery

Darren McFadden may miss opener after elbow surgery
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys running back Darren McFadden had surgery on a broken right elbow on Tuesday that could keep him out of the Sept. 11 season opener against the New York Giants.

Coach Jason Garrett said the injury happened over Memorial Day weekend at McFadden's house. McFadden took part in last week's organized team activities, wearing a protective sleeve on his arm, but he did not say anything to the team's athletic training staff until Friday.

At his physical on Monday before the minicamp, X-rays revealed the fracture. The surgery was performed Tuesday morning.

"I don't want to put too much of a timetable on it," Garrett said. "They said the surgery went well, and the overarching thing was a couple months. So we'll see how he responds to everything, but we do anticipate him being back at some point in training camp and possibly being able to play in the opener."

McFadden led the Cowboys in rushing last season with 1,089 yards despite not becoming the team's main tailback until the sixth game of the season. He also caught 40 passes for 328 yards. He did not miss a game.

Ezekiel Elliott with the fourth overall pick in the NFL draft in April with the idea that he'd be the lead back in 2016. McFadden and Elliott split the first-team work in last week's OTAs. The Cowboys signed veteran Alfred Morris in free agency and took Darius Jackson in the sixth round of the draft.

"It's important to build your team the right way to be able to handle the injuries and the adversities over the course of a [16-]game season," Garrett said. "You want to be deep at all positions. It's hard to do that in the NFL in this day and age with the salary caps and the like, but it's good to have quality football players at that spot with this injury."

The Cowboys conclude their offseason program this week and are scheduled to fly to training camp in Oxnard, California, on July 28.

"We do anticipate seeing him at some point in training camp," Garrett said.

In other injury news, defensive end Benson Mayowa, a potential starter because of a four-game suspension of Randy Gregory and a looming penalty forDeMarcus Lawrence, will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee later Tuesday. Garrett said the hope is Mayowa will be ready at the start at training camp.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say anything right away? So he cost himself two weeks of rehab and now will miss games???

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably either thought it would get better or he didn't want to miss practice time. I'm sure he is aware of the brittle label he has and didn't want it to become something.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys' McFadden out after elbow surgery

Darren McFadden may miss opener after elbow surgery
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys running back Darren McFadden had surgery on a broken right elbow on Tuesday that could keep him out of the Sept. 11 season opener against the New York Giants.

Coach Jason Garrett said the injury happened over Memorial Day weekend at McFadden's house. McFadden took part in last week's organized team activities, wearing a protective sleeve on his arm, but he did not say anything to the team's athletic training staff until Friday.

At his physical on Monday before the minicamp, X-rays revealed the fracture. The surgery was performed Tuesday morning.

"I don't want to put too much of a timetable on it," Garrett said. "They said the surgery went well, and the overarching thing was a couple months. So we'll see how he responds to everything, but we do anticipate him being back at some point in training camp and possibly being able to play in the opener."

McFadden led the Cowboys in rushing last season with 1,089 yards despite not becoming the team's main tailback until the sixth game of the season. He also caught 40 passes for 328 yards. He did not miss a game.

Ezekiel Elliott with the fourth overall pick in the NFL draft in April with the idea that he'd be the lead back in 2016. McFadden and Elliott split the first-team work in last week's OTAs. The Cowboys signed veteran Alfred Morris in free agency and took Darius Jackson in the sixth round of the draft.

"It's important to build your team the right way to be able to handle the injuries and the adversities over the course of a [16-]game season," Garrett said. "You want to be deep at all positions. It's hard to do that in the NFL in this day and age with the salary caps and the like, but it's good to have quality football players at that spot with this injury."

The Cowboys conclude their offseason program this week and are scheduled to fly to training camp in Oxnard, California, on July 28.

"We do anticipate seeing him at some point in training camp," Garrett said.

In other injury news, defensive end Benson Mayowa, a potential starter because of a four-game suspension of Randy Gregory and a looming penalty forDeMarcus Lawrence, will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee later Tuesday. Garrett said the hope is Mayowa will be ready at the start at training camp.
:L