• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No there is a need to watch

Actually he did make that prediction after the Warriors started off hot. Said they would drop back to reality and best case scenario was a 6th seed. He was doing his normal hating on the Warriors so I like to remind him of his prediction from time to time this season.
Stop lying. I predicted the Dubs would win the title.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bk I think warriors fans are a little hard on you because all you did was talk down on them. And they did well, you still talked down on them

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in all seriousness should be a great series! Not taking anything for granted

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SPURS have shown the blueprint how to beat Golden State more than any other team.

1. Have a dominant 2-way low post player be the focus on constant probing entry passes.
2. Make sure there are a ton of quality 3 point shooters if the defense sags on the big man.
3. If the guards play tight to deny the entry pass to Duncan, have a fast PG who can blow by them with a knack for getting to the rim.

Sound familiar? That is exactly what Houston is doing now with this current group around "GOOD DWIGHT".
Neither Memphis nor New Orleans has the personnel to use that formula.

But who the hell knows what Dwight shows up? That is the wildcard which makes this impossible to handicap.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop lying. I predicted the Dubs would win the title.

Very confused here. I was quoting bksballer and talking about his prediction. You answered say "no". I then told you "he" made that prediction. So unless you are bsballer I'm not talking about you.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in all seriousness should be a great series! Not taking anything for granted

Yep, I'm not either cause I don't want to jinx it. Ultimately all the matters is what the players think cause we aren't playing. I hope they bring it every night.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very confused here. I was quoting bksballer and talking about his prediction. You answered say "no". I then told you "he" made that prediction. So unless you are bsballer I'm not talking about you.

Uh oh, looks like Montalban and bks got some 'splainin' to do.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SPURS have shown the blueprint how to beat Golden State more than any other team.

1. Have a dominant 2-way low post player be the focus on constant probing entry passes.
2. Make sure there are a ton of quality 3 point shooters if the defense sags on the big man.
3. If the guards play tight to deny the entry pass to Duncan, have a fast PG who can blow by them with a knack for getting to the rim.

Sound familiar? That is exactly what Houston is doing now with this current group around "GOOD DWIGHT".
Neither Memphis nor New Orleans has the personnel to use that formula.

But who the hell knows what Dwight shows up? That is the wildcard which makes this impossible to handicap.
Problem with that scenario is Howard is no Duncan on offense, not even close. They don't have to focus on Howard, they need to stop Hardin and as long as the refs don't coddle him and give him every call, the Dubs will be fine.
Again though, you are focusing on the wrong team. Its not what Golden State needs to do to stop Houston, its what Houston has to do to stop Golden State. I don't think they can do it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm not either cause I don't want to jinx it. Ultimately all the matters is what the players think cause we aren't playing. I hope they bring it every night.

Yup, can't wait for the series to start. Need to see what Kerr has drawn up for the defense. I like iggy and klay on harden

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you were saying I predicted the Dubs would only be the 6th seed. I didn't know you were talking about that other cat.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, can't wait for the series to start. Need to see what Kerr has drawn up for the defense. I like iggy and klay on harden

With a little dose of Livingston thrown in. He's gonna get tired of playing against tall guards with long arms. Hardin will have to work on defense as well. He doesn't like that.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see if the rockets will hack a bogut? If so I expect Kerr to hack a Dwight also

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should thank me. This series is currently blowing out the Cavs/Hawks series at the moment on SportsHoopla