• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no need to watch game 1? 100% chance they win game 1? Why waste 2.5 hours right?

Can't wait to see Cleveland whoop that ass in the finals so all you new Warriors fans could go back into your little hole

I thought you didn't wanna see lebron win? Guess you secretly hate the warriors more?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with you there. The Warriors don't get credit for what happened in the regular season. It doesn't matter to me what happened in the regular season. They have to continue to play well to beat Houston. We as Warrior fans should take nothing for granted.
Agreed. We saw what happens when they do that in games 2 and 3 of the Grizzlies series. However, we also saw what happens when they get serious like they did in games 4, 5 and 6 with twoof those blowouts coming on the road.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. We saw what happens when they do that in games 2 and 3 of the Grizzlies series. However, we also saw what happens when they get serious like they did in games 4, 5 and 6 with twoof those blowouts coming on the road.

Yup, when warriors are locked in. No team better.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Warriors fans need to get a grip. It seems like this is an annual discussion as far as throwing regular season stats out the window. Heat fans went through this in the last 4 year. In the first year, Miami lost to Boston and Chicago in the regular season 3-1. Beat both teams in 5 games come playoff time. In the third year, some Heat fans (none on this board anyway) thought the Heat would go through the Spurs easier than what the experts predicted given that Miami beat the Spurs in SA during the regular season w/out Lebron and Wade.

Houston was picked as a team that would lose a step given that they lost Chandler. Adding Prigioni and Brewer in January/February along with Terry (not sure how long he was with the Rockets) is huge. Terrance Jones also adds depth up front which gives Houston a quality 3-man rotation up front with Dwight, Jones, and Josh Smith. The Warriors on the front line don't match up as well given that they have Bogut, Lee, and Green (who's undersized, but a great defender who can draw out the 4/5 guarding him when on offense). The beauty for the Warrirors though is that they're loaded at the wing and 2-guard spot as they'll likely need to play small ball against the Rockets.

I predict Warriors in 6. But take it from a Heat fans perspective as it relates to the playoffs - regular season means shit. Especially when the Rockets key players are late season additions who the Warriors never got exposure to in the Rockets system.

Last edited:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Warriors fans need to get a grip. It seems like this is an annual discussion as far as throwing regular season stats out the window. Heat fans went through this in the last 4 year. In the first year, Miami lost to Boston and Chicago in the regular season 3-1. Beat both teams in 5 games come playoff time. In the third year, some Heat fans (none on this board anyway) thought the Heat would go through the Spurs easier than what the experts predicted given that Miami beat the Spurs in SA during the regular season w/out Bosh and Wade.

Houston was picked as a team that would lose a step given that they lost Chandler. Adding Prigioni and Brewer in January/February along with Terry (not sure how long he was with the Rockets) is huge. Terrance Jones also adds depth up front which gives Houston a quality 3-man rotation up front with Dwight, Jones, and Josh Smith. The Warriors on the front line don't match up as well given that they have Bogut, Lee, and Green (who's undersized, but a great defender who can draw out the 4/5 guarding him when on offense). The beauty for the Warrirors though is that they're loaded at the wing and 2-guard spot as they'll likely need to play small ball against the Rockets.

I predict Warriors in 6. But take it from a Heat fans perspective as it relates to the playoffs - regular season means shit. Especially when the Rockets key players are late season additions who the Warriors never got exposure to in the Rockets system.

You forgot Ezeli. And they do match up well on defense actually. Green doesn't really have to guard a really good player at the 4 either. But it really doesn't matter cause he can guard anyone.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Ezeli. And they do match up well on defense actually. Green doesn't really have to guard a really good player at the 4 either. But it really doesn't matter cause he can guard anyone.

yeah, but his point is it ain't in the bag yet. the games still have to be played...

and trust me, i'm hoping it goes down like you Warriors fans seem to think it will, but I wouldn't get ahead of myself...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we assume Warriors win game 1?

The Dubs are 43 and 3 at home for one, they are a better team than the Rickets for another, they are well-rested and the Rockets just came off a hard-fought series and will suffer an inevitable let down for a third and they haveh no time to prepare for a fourth. Need I go on?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but his point is it ain't in the bag yet. the games still have to be played...

and trust me, i'm hoping it goes down like you Warriors fans seem to think it will, but I wouldn't get ahead of myself...
This.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when you said the Warriors wouldn't get above the 6th seed in the west? Guess you are not tired of them proving your "knowledge" of the NBA.
No.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubs are 43 and 3 at home for one, they are a better team than the Rickets for another, they are well-rested and the Rockets just came off a hard-fought series and will suffer an inevitable let down for a third and they haveh no time to prepare for a fourth. Need I go on?

The Rockets have a lot of depth and are a fairly young team. The Warriors just had to deal with the Grizzlies in 6 games. What's one more game? Once again, regular season doesn't mean shit. Your home record doesn't mean shit in the playoffs. I truly hope that the Warriors, win, I really do. But take it from a fan perspective of a team that was picked by many to win, then didn't (talking about the Heat last season); you don't win until you win. Shit, the Clippers a few days ago thought they were going to the conference finals. Look at what happened.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is going to be a shootout. I think the Warriors will be okay as long as they turn ice cold shooting

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Chandler Parsons

Trevor Ariza is a better defender, more experienced, and can hit the 3 which matches the system Houston's running. Why do you think McHale is fine with Josh Smith shooting 3's?

Trust me. Houston couldn't give a shit about Chandler right now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no need to watch game 1? 100% chance they win game 1? Why waste 2.5 hours right?

Can't wait to see Cleveland whoop that ass in the finals so all you new Warriors fans could go back into your little hole
For rockets fans, yes. For Dubs fans, it will be a great 2.5 hours.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets have a lot of depth and are a fairly young team. The Warriors just had to deal with the Grizzlies in 6 games. What's one more game? Once again, regular season doesn't mean shit. Your home record doesn't mean shit in the playoffs. I truly hope that the Warriors, win, I really do. But take it from a fan perspective of a team that was picked by many to win, then didn't (talking about the Heat last season); you don't win until you win. Shit, the Clippers a few days ago thought they were going to the conference finals. Look at what happened.

That's why I am taking nothing for granted. I remember when the Warriors knocked off the Nuggets a couple of years back which no one thought would happen and the We Believe team knocked Dallas out of the playoffs who were a number one seed and finals favorite.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO. I actually predicted the Warriors to win the series if the Warriors fan can actually read but it is funny to me how Warriors fans are acting like this will be a walkover. The fact that they're expecting to see the same Houston team they saw early on in the year is funny to me

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Donald Sterling already sold the team to Steve Balmer? Way to stay updated on current affairs.

Of course. They made huge production out of ousting an 88 year old man for something he said in the privacy of his homeand they were so puffed up and proud of themselves you'd think they just saved the world. But then they choked in the playoffs again. And I would hardly say Sterling "sold" the team to Balmer.