• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I am taking nothing for granted. I remember when the Warriors knocked off the Nuggets a couple of years back which no one thought would happen and the We Believe team knocked Dallas out of the playoffs who were a number one seed and finals favorite.

You're the only reasonable Warriors fan on here so don't take any offense to my comments about Warriors fans because they're not directed at you.

Great point about Denver. I believe they had a 38-3 or 39-2 home record that year. GSW won 1 road game and changed the entire series

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season does tell a lot no doubt, but its not always the same.

Golden State should win,

but Houston was a lot diffrent for about 50% of the regular season
Houston is the one team that is completely remade for the postseason than it was all reg season.

Dwight missed almost the entire freaking season at times.
I dont think they found a rotation until now. It was all James Harden playing solo ball.

Injuries have really shaped the team diffrently.
Motiejunas is gone and the Dwight Howard/Josh Smith duo was almost non-existent while he played.

Beverly has been nicely replaced by Corey Brewer (who was a mid-season pickup)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Ariza is a better defender, more experienced, and can hit the 3 which matches the system Houston's running. Why do you think McHale is fine with Josh Smith shooting 3's?

Trust me. Houston couldn't give a shit about Chandler right now.[/QUOTE]
LOL! If you are counting ona scrub like Trevor Ariza to win this thing you are in big trouble.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the only reasonable Warriors fan on here so don't take any offense to my comments about Warriors fans because they're not directed at you.

Great point about Denver. I believe they had a 38-3 or 39-2 home record that year. GSW won 1 road game and changed the entire series
This series will not be close. You can rant and rail and whine and mewl but it won't change anything.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series will not be close. You can rant and rail and whine and mewl but it won't change anything.

Based on what? Margin of victory or how many games it take to end the series?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO. I actually predicted the Warriors to win the series if the Warriors fan can actually read but it is funny to me how Warriors fans are acting like this will be a walkover. The fact that they're expecting to see the same Houston team they saw early on in the year is funny to me

Warriors fans are funny. A couple of them lost their shit before the series with the Pelicans because I said the Warriors would win in 5 instead of a sweep.

You'd have thought I predicted a Pelicans sweep. :pound:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta doesn't stand a chance vs GSW. My dream finals would be Atlanta vs Houston. Warriors fans are big assholes just as Wiggy

I agree. I remember Lakers fans from 2008-2010 weren't nearly as bad. And I'm pretty sure we weren't this horrible our last 4 years. At least these respective franchises had a more recent history of winning after 1975.

Dammit, Warriors fans, I'm cheering for your damn team to knock off Lebron and the Cavs. But you're making this really f'ing difficult.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I remember Lakers fans from 2008-2010 weren't nearly as bad. And I'm pretty sure we weren't this horrible our last 4 years. At least these respective franchises had a more recent history of winning after 1975.

Dammit, Warriors fans, I'm cheering for your damn team to knock off Lebron and the Cavs. But you're making this really f'ing difficult.

As I said before, As a Warrior fan I am taking nothing for granted. I have watched the Warriors upset a number of better teams in the playoffs over the years. I have been waiting 38 years for this and had to endure a lot of shitty basketball over that period.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Warriors fans need to get a grip. It seems like this is front which gives Houston a quality 3-man rotation up front with Dwight, Jones, and Josh Smith. The Warriors on the front line don't match up as well given that they have Bogut, Lee, and Green (who's undersized, but a great defender who can draw out the 4/5 guarding him when on offense). The beauty for the Warrirors though is that they're loaded at the wing and 2-guard spot as they'll likely need to play small ball against the Rockets.

I predict Warriors in 6. But take it from a Heat fans perspective as it relates to the playoffs - regular season means shit. Especially when the Rockets key players are late season additions who the Warriors never got exposure to in the Rockets system.

That doesn't matter. The Warriors don't need to match up with anyone. Its the other teams who have to match up with the Warriors and when theDubs are clicking, no team can do it. They force teams to change what they do because the Dubs have such depth and such versatile players. What other team has 7 guys who are as comfortable in the paint as they are at the 3-point line? The biggest difference, however is the Warriors' ability to play great team defense

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, As a Warrior fan I am taking nothing for granted. I have watched the Warriors upset a number of better teams in the playoffs over the years. I have been waiting 38 years for this and had to endure a lot of shitty basketball over that period.

no worries. at least you're taking a REASONABLE approach to the whole thing...

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no need to watch game 1? 100% chance they win game 1? Why waste 2.5 hours right?

Can't wait to see Cleveland whoop that ass in the finals so all you new Warriors fans could go back into your little hole

No there is a need to watch

Actually he did make that prediction after the Warriors started off hot. Said they would drop back to reality and best case scenario was a 6th seed. He was doing his normal hating on the Warriors so I like to remind him of his prediction from time to time this season.