• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, Some, not all, Cavs fans have been worse.

With that being said, both Fanbases have a whole lot to be puffing out their chests about.

The present is looking extremely bright for both Franchises.

You mean basically one Cavs fan :laugh3: But I hear what your saying.

Tough loss by Clips, it was unfortunate.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it still in. Harden the man who carried his team to 56 wins when they were without their starting PF and C for most of the year is overrated? Let's not forget he did not have his starting PG since the end of March either. All he is doing this post season is avg 27, 8, & 5......yeah overrated alright lmao
And you're still buying that sorry narrative. If you believe he "carried" this team, if you still cant see how his FTs play a huge part of his game, or maybe if you're okay with his game, then we'll agree to disagree.

You are obviously impressed by his box score numbers. Those numbers look good on paper and MVPish for the postseason compared to other players but Im still scratching my head at how anyone can watch him play and convince theirselves that he's been playing like an MVP in the postseason.

He was on the bench for goodness sake when they when they had that crazy comeback.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean basically one Cavs fan :laugh3: But I hear what your saying.

Tough loss by Clips, it was unfortunate.

Yeah...lol

I am Team Russ.

I think he's fun and when not trolling, the guy knows his Basketball.

But, you reap what you sow.

As for the Clips, game 6 was horrible for me.

By the time game 7 started, I was already resigned to our fate.

Being a Clipper fan means a lifetime of pervasive grief.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found the post ironic as well Mecca.

The Warriors future is much brighter given that their core in Barnes, Green, Thompson, and Curry is younger. The Cavs window is only open as long as Lebron's playing at a high level. He may only have another 2-3 years left being the best player in the game. Cleveland needs to win and win now. I doubt you'll ever see the NBA this wide open this year again.

Doesnt really make any sense at all. Kyrie is very young, Love if he says is young, the best player in the NBA is there. Injuries happen, but this is a young team too and no they dont need to win this year with all the injuries. Lebron even said it himself before the injuries. Did the Heat win the 1st year healthy. No.
The powers are just shifting that's all, the normal powers are weak or gettting outmanned by younger, more talented opponents.
More than likely the Cavs will be better next year especially with the playoff experience. You have to remember basically no player on this team, that actually plays, has playoff experience. So it is kind of a stretch to say they have to win this year or it wont happen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...lol

I am Team Russ.

I think he's fun and when not trolling, the guy knows his Basketball.

But, you reap what you sow.

As for the Clips, game 6 was horrible for me.

By the time game 7 started, I was already resigned to our fate.

Being a Clipper fan means a lifetime of pervasive grief.

I know your pain. The Love injury made me take a backseat and I am not expecting much but hoping for the best.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're still buying that sorry narrative. If you believe he "carried" this team, if you still cant see how his FTs play a huge part of his game, or maybe if you're okay with his game, then we'll agree to disagree.

You are obviously impressed by his box score numbers. Those numbers look good on paper and MVPish for the postseason compared to other players but Im still scratching my head at how anyone can watch him play and convince theirselves that he's been playing like an MVP in the postseason.

He was on the bench for goodness sake when they when they had that crazy comeback.

Regardless of how he got the points, it doesn't change the fact that with Dwight out, it fell to Harden to lead the team and he responded. I don't like him or the way he plays. That "human bowling ball" bullshit where he just puts his head down, tries to initiate contact and flails his arms and legs to dry and draw a foul annoys the crap out out of me. It's even worse than the Reggie Miller leg kick, imo.

However, he was a large part of the reason that Houston was able to overcome Dwight being out for much of the season and he put up MVP caliber numbers. I don't think he deserved to win, I think they got the MVP right, but that doesn't mean he didn't deserve to be in the conversation.

As for trying to use 1 game to somehow prove your point :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have a big head. I didnt expect anything out of these team, not even getting past the Bulls. So your logic is off

Biggest load of crap ever. You have been approaching Wiggy level nonsense, especially re: Lebron.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being disrespectful but Dubs fans have gotten a big head ever since Love went out. Just saying if the Cavs had Love this season would be over. No problem, shit happens. Adversity sometimes motivates players more.

I saw that with Ohio St this year. Never thought they would win after the injuries. That being said football is whole different game.

Uh, whats Love got to do with this? I dont think any Warriors fan saw him taken out and got big headed from there.
Again, theres assholes in every fanbase. Lets not forget how Cleveland fans acted when LeBald left (Ive always had an affinity for Cleveland teams and their fanbase tho with what happened with football team moving, the decision etc and still will root for them and Cubs if my teams dont make it)

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found the post ironic as well Mecca.

The Warriors future is much brighter given that their core in Barnes, Green, Thompson, and Curry is younger. The Cavs window is only open as long as Lebron's playing at a high level. He may only have another 2-3 years left being the best player in the game. Cleveland needs to win and win now. I doubt you'll ever see the NBA this wide open this year again.

Agreed.

Kyrie is not a #1. But, he is one hell of a #2.

Once Bron hangs em up, they are gone fishin.

It's really gonna chaffe if they gave up Wiggins for a one Season rental.

I am really looking forward to the shennanigans of Free Agency.

Love is clearly looking to the future, that's why he had surgery immeadiately.

I think Rondo, DeAndre, Ellis, Aldridge and Love will bolt.

Lamarcus to the Spurs, Jordan to the Mavs, Love and Rondo to the Lakers and Monta to the highest bidder.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who mentioned anything about him playing like an MVP in the postseason? You called him overrated and that he is not.

Fts play a part in a lot of players games. Sorry that you're not used to it because Steph stay on the perimeter and shoot jumpshots all game long. If I was not at work, I can pull up several HOF all time greats who avg a ridiculous amount of fts just as Harden does. This isn't really new. If you're a top perimeter player and you attack the basket, you should easily be able to get to the line 7+ times per game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had some shooters in 2011, not a ton but definitely fearless guys.

I think that 2011 was memphis' most complete team in the ZBo/Gasol era.

I remember Shane Battier, OJ Mayo, and Grevious Vazquez being guys who seemingly always made the 3 point shot.

Since then, they have never addressed that issue and maybe wasted their window.
This year was their most complete team. You're underestimating how deep Golden St is. Memphis punched GSW in the mouth and then they get tweaked a bit and started hitting their shots. OJ Mayo was a disappointment in Memphis. Courtney Lee is at least as good as him. Mayo had one year where he showed up in the playoffs and one year he was a liability. Prince was a waste, too.

Memphis really did whiff on a few really high draft picks, too, and there is a reason every other team is full of athletes and shooters. They just needed to hit on one more somewhere down the line but I do agree that they've probably hit a wall for good at this point unless Conley makes another leap though it seems like we've seen Conley's upside at about the same level for the past 3 years. So Memphis has 3 really good players and no superstars. Thats just not going to win without the world's best bench. The Spurs have greatness. Dallas had Dirk for one good run and one good try. The Warriors have one of the most efficient teams ever. OKC theoretically has 2 superstars. Memphis has actually overachieved and not underachieved.

Anyways, I thought last series was going to be decided by who played better: Austin Rivers or Josh Smith. Eventually Josh Smith is going to cost the Rockets but its actually a bit different than that. Warriors dont have a lot of the problems the Clippers had. There is a good chance that the Clippers only got as far as they did because the Spurs weren't going 100%.

Warriors in 6

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how he got the points, it doesn't change the fact that with Dwight out, it fell to Harden to lead the team and he responded. I don't like him or the way he plays. That "human bowling ball" bullshit where he just puts his head down, tries to initiate contact and flails his arms and legs to dry and draw a foul annoys the crap out out of me. It's even worse than the Reggie Miller leg kick, imo.

However, he was a large part of the reason that Houston was able to overcome Dwight being out for much of the season and he put up MVP caliber numbers. I don't think he deserved to win, I think they got the MVP right, but that doesn't mean he didn't deserve to be in the conversation.

As for trying to use 1 game to somehow prove your point :L
I proved my point prior to that one game, this isnt the first time you and I had this conversation.

How hes playing now is no different than how he was playing in the RS except he was getting more calls

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your pain. The Love injury made me take a backseat and I am not expecting much but hoping for the best.

Honestly, you have the best player on the Planet.

So, it's possible.

I'm actually more bumbed about Kyrie than Love.

If Irving was 100%, I'd give them the nod over Atlanta.

Little man is a beast.

I also gotta say, Delly is earning his money.

He has sucked ass all Season.

But, he has stepped up when the games have really mattered.

My Team is all style, no substance.

The Cavs have guys that will grind it out and that is valuable.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who mentioned anything about him playing like an MVP in the postseason? You called him overrated and that he is not.

Fts play a part in a lot of players games. Sorry that you're not used to it because Steph stay on the perimeter and shoot jumpshots all game long. If I was not at work, I can pull up several HOF all time greats who avg a ridiculous amount of fts just as Harden does. This isn't really new. If you're a top perimeter player and you attack the basket, you should easily be able to get to the line 7+ times per game.
No theres a difference. Westbrook got to the line a lot but hes legit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest load of crap ever. You have been approaching Wiggy level nonsense, especially re: Lebron.

Bullshit. I said it myself once he went down and Kyrie hasnt been healthy they dont have enough depth, guys have stepped up. I definitely didnt expect it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, whats Love got to do with this? I dont think any Warriors fan saw him taken out and got big headed from there.
Again, theres assholes in every fanbase. Lets not forget how Cleveland fans acted when LeBald left (Ive always had an affinity for Cleveland teams and their fanbase tho with what happened with football team moving, the decision etc and still will root for them and Cubs if my teams dont make it)

True, but personally I was mad when he left but wasnt shocked and had no hatred towards him. He had no help in Cleveland and I would of done the same.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure this has already been mentioned a time or two...

But, how smart were the Warriors for passing on that Klay for Love trade?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. I said it myself once he went down and Kyrie hasnt been healthy they dont have enough depth, guys have stepped up. I definitely didnt expect it.

I know. I'm just messing with you. Thought you'd guess that with the Wiggy reference. No one is THAT bad. You actually have the right to "e-punch" me for even making the comparison. :lol:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I'm just messing with you. Thought you'd guess that with the Wiggy reference. No one is THAT bad. You actually have the right to "e-punch" me for even making the comparison. :lol:

:pound: