• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has already been mentioned a time or two...

But, how smart were the Warriors for passing on that Klay for Love trade?
Kerr and Jerry West shot that idea down, the owner and Executive of the year Bob Myers was pushing for the trade. (With Harrison Barnes mind you smh)

So glad they shot that idea down, I was kicking and screaming, I didnt want them to separate the Splash Bros. Love wouldve made just as much of an impact if not more offensive imo (I did feel bad for him because he was pushing to come to GState)

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW sorry about that horrible loss. I honestly dont blame CP3 and Blake, I could blame Doc but theres not much you could do with who you have on the bench. Still, I dont like or trust Doc

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As they say, sometimes the best moves are the one's you don't make.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious question. Harder road to the finals for warriors or cavs ?

Boston, Chicago, hawks

Pelicans, Memphis, Houston

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston, Chicago, hawks

In terms of opponents.. the Warriors have the tougher road by a mile.

The only way you could argue the Cavs is if you take into account injury issues. Even then... I'm still saying the Warriors path is tougher considering all factors.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston, Chicago, hawks

Boston - NO. The key factor is Davis. New Orleans is tougher IMO

Chicago - Memphis. Kind of equals, struggle on offense, good defense. Edge to Chicago.

Atlanta - Houston - This is tough, bc they play completely different. Hawks good D, work the ball around. Houston a lot of 1-on-1. I would say edge Atlanta bc of their success but it is even IMO.

So honestly pretty even. The West is usually always tougher but you count in the injuries and it is pretty even IMO

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston, Chicago, Atlanta is harder

Mostly because the HAWKS have homecourt advantage

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the normal routine for Warrior fans during this time of year was to talk about which ping pong ball was going to fall to us and who we were going to draft.
ha ha! Exactly. Its nice to be relevant again. Kind of like when the Giants won the series last year. ESPN is loathe to talk about any team west of the Mississippi but when only the Giants and KC were left,they had no choice. I loved it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean in the one I quoted bksballer? I can see why that would be confusing.. :crazy:
No. The one where you said that I said the Dubs would be no higher than the 6th sed.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picking the Warriors to continue their season sweep of Houston (okay they did lose one in the preseason, which counts for about as much as the regular season right now, especially since these teams haven't played since January). But Golden State should have learned what happens when you take your foot off the peddle from what happened to the Clippers. I think they go all in to end it early. GSW in 4.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perimeter defense is going to be the key in this series. Both teams shoot a high volume from the outside. That's kind of what gave the Clippers a hard time in games 6 and 7. The Warriors will need to continue to play great defense. This is definitely not a series in which the first team to reach 100 will win.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The one where you said that I said the Dubs would be no higher than the 6th sed.

Please feel free to quote where I said that. I quoted bksballer in post 48 and talked about him saying that. I never mentioned you until you brought yourself into that conversation. So I'm not sure if you are really bksballer and got confused with the screen names, just got confused and can't admit it, or are a paranoid person that thinks every post is about you. Either way your act is getting old.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picking the Warriors to continue their season sweep of Houston (okay they did lose one in the preseason, which counts for about as much as the regular season right now, especially since these teams haven't played since January). But Golden State should have learned what happens when you take your foot off the peddle from what happened to the Clippers. I think they go all in to end it early. GSW in 4.

You and skip bayless have the same prediction lol

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers choked Big time. I think both conference game finals will be crap series. I got GS and Cavs winning in 5.