• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers choked Big time. I think both conference game finals will be crap series. I got GS and Cavs winning in 5.

Another post you can delete. Thanks in advance :suds:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is title or bust for golden state

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think so?

67 wins. Spurs eliminated before they got to GSW. Clippers eliminated before getting to GSW. Cleveland are without Love....yeah anything less than a title at this point would be a major disappointment.

You don't win 67 games every year and have such a favorable road to the title as they do this year

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
67 wins. Spurs eliminated before they got to GSW. Clippers eliminated before getting to GSW. Cleveland are without Love....yeah anything less than a title at this point would be a major disappointment.

You don't win 67 games every year and have such a favorable road to the title as they do this year

Yep. Before the year
I was thinking conference finals, finals or bust but I'm thinking that now. But I'm just enjoying the ride. I don't like thinking like that all the time. Makes watching it less enjoyable

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picking the Warriors to continue their season sweep of Houston (okay they did lose one in the preseason, which counts for about as much as the regular season right now, especially since these teams haven't played since January). But Golden State should have learned what happens when you take your foot off the peddle from what happened to the Clippers. I think they go all in to end it early. GSW in 4.

Hopefully, you're right. With the extra rest, I'd like to see the Warriors ramp up the intensity on the Rockets and put them in a 2-0 hole. Maybe the Rockets will start doubting themselves and get swept. I'm only for fun 7-game series when my team is not involved.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Before the year
I was thinking conference finals, finals or bust but I'm thinking that now. But I'm just enjoying the ride. I don't like thinking like that all the time. Makes watching it less enjoyable

From the fans' perspective, the feeling I get is that most Warriors fans are thrilled that the team made it this far this year. There will be disappointment if they lose, but fans will still be happy overall.

From the team's perspective, I get the feeling that they have a championship or bust mentality.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict the Houston/Golden State series goes 7 games.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about that. This is by far the best defense that Houston will play. The other 2 were Swiss cheese defenses
Golden State has a good defense but Houston has players that can put up lots of points.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State has a good defense but Houston has players that can put up lots of points.

I expect the defense to be just to play 1 on 1 defense with harden and don't collapse on anyone. That's what they did the last 4 meetings

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest factor in this series IMO is 3 pt shooting. Warriors and Rockets love to chuck em up. If Josh Smith and Ariza hit 40% of their threes like they did against the clips then the warriors might be in trouble.

As people have said Howard is a big factor. Which DH shows up? Although Kerr said he wouldn't use the hack a DH tactic so much...I think he does. Howard is extremely important to the Rockets success. Without him on the floor, or DH missing free throws they struggle more.

Hack a Bogut? You can argue Warriors small ball lineup with Green at center is more effective.

Warriors D>Rockets D

Rockets FT attempts>Warriors

Either way this should be the most entertaining series of the playoffs. Going to be raining 3's.

I like Warriors in 6.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please feel free to quote where I said that. I quoted bksballer in post 48 and talked about him saying that. I never mentioned you until you brought yourself into that conversation. So I'm not sure if you are really bksballer and got confused with the screen names, just got confused and can't admit it, or are a paranoid person that thinks every post is about you. Either way your act is getting old.

Looks like I was mistaken. My apologies.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 will go to the Wariors. Better team, playing at home, well rested and Houston, just coming of a big series win, will be tired, have a let down and not be ready to go on the road just yet. 107-91

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious question. Harder road to the finals for warriors or cavs ?

Boston, Chicago, hawks

Pelicans, Memphis, Houston
Pelicans are a much better team than Boston. The Celtics just thugged it up and got chippy so you could debate that one but on paper the Pelicans were tougher than Boston.

Memphis was healthier than Chicago and probably better although we have no way of gauging how good Memphis was because their first round opponent was banged up.

Hawks v Houston depends on whether or not you think the Hawks play a playoff style of basketball. Ill say its a push for now.

So Ive got 2-0-1 saying that the Cavs have the easier path