• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you would, and as a homer Warrior fan, I'd say it'd be closer to 55/45 Warriors. Warriors also "smoked" the Spurs in their victory.

The series would come down to adjustments. And from what Kerr did against the Grizzlies, I believe he'd be able to do so.

Adjustments? Pop vs Kerr. Is that even a question.

The Spurs dont lose late in the playoffs or really at all. They either get taken out early or win it all. GS is just a horrible matchup for SA. Just like OKC is a bad matchup for SA when they are healthy.

I would take Pop all day, but I like the new scenery and I am rooting for GS.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adjustments? Pop vs Kerr. Is that even a question.

The Spurs dont lose late in the playoffs or really at all. They either get taken out early or win it all. GS is just a horrible matchup for SA. Just like OKC is a bad matchup for SA when they are healthy.

I would take Pop all day, but I like the new scenery and I am rooting for GS.

Pretty sure it wasn't a question. I didn't say he would out-coach Pop. All I was saying was the Kerr could counter Pop. Pop would then make another adjustment and it would become a chess match. It was another factor in why I thought the Warriors had a better than 20/100 chance. If it were Mark Jackson coaching, that would be a different story.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing the worst SPURS team of the last 5 years was still able to kick the shit out of them like usual this season.

The 2015 Warriors should be bowing down to the 2015 Clippers gods in thanks.

No other team owns one team quite like San Antonio owns the Warriors.
It might be the single most lopsided series in any pro sports.

I think SA has won 29 out of its last 30 home games versus GSW, and the majority are laughable blowouts.
But they choked badly in the season's fianl game dropping them from 2nd to 6th and now they are sitting at home watching the NBA's best team kick ass.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you would, and as a homer Warrior fan, I'd say it'd be closer to 55/45 Warriors. Warriors also "smoked" the Spurs in their victory.

The series would come down to adjustments. And from what Kerr did against the Grizzlies, I believe he'd be able to do so.

Pretty much this

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a walk in the park for GS. Houston should win at least 1 game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
67 games in the toughest conference in recent memory says it all. They are dominant.

Regular season, no question. And they are in the discussion. But there have been some great teams, including postseason, especially those Laker teams. We will have to wait until the Finals to see.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season, no question. And they are in the discussion. But there have been some great teams, including postseason, especially those Laker teams. We will have to wait until the Finals to see.

Agree. Even as much of a defensive presence Bogut brings, there's no guarding Shaq in his prime. Any team he was on, for the early 2000 Lakers would easily be a favorite against the Warriors right now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take 2013 Heat and 2014 Spurs ahead of Golden State......probably 2010 Lakers also

Calling your team the best of century before they even win a title is comical. You have to be a champion to even be in those discussions

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take 2013 Heat and 2014 Spurs ahead of Golden State......probably 2010 Lakers also

Calling your team the best of century before they even win a title is comical. You have to be a champion to even be in those discussions
The Dubs this year are dominant. You probably didn't get to see a lot of their games this year since they play too late out here for you poor slobs who have to live back east.
If you had seen them, you'd know that this is a special team. Everyone loves the Warriors, they are America's team this year. You cannot not like the way they play the game and still call yourself a basketball fan so I'm not surpirsed at the way the entire nation has taken to them this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubs this year are dominant. You probably didn't get to see a lot of their games this year since they play too late out here for you poor slobs who have to live back east.
If you had seen them, you'd know that this is a special team. Everyone loves the Warriors, they are America's team this year. You cannot not like the way they play the game and still call yourself a basketball fan so I'm not surpirsed at the way the entire nation has taken to them this year.

Have league pass and stayed up late nightly watching the good late West teams.

Who said I didn't like the way the play basketball? They're just not the best team of decade

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have league pass and stayed up late nightly watching the good late West teams.

Who said I didn't like the way the play basketball? They're just not the best team of decade

No, they're "the best team of this century." :pound:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors aren't holding up the title next month, are they still a special team? LOL

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

I hate when people label a team Americas team. That's what get Americans to hate those teams. The Warriors look like a great team, but they have to take care of business before we start comparing them to other championship teams. They'll need to win more than one ship to be called the best team of the century. I've liked the Warriors since they upset the mavs as an 8th seed. They are very entertaining, but there have been better teams in this decade, let alone this century. I could still see this Warriors team losing to the Rockets, Cavs, or Hawks in a 7 game series.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors aren't holding up the title next month, are they still a special team? LOL
To Warrior fans? Yes.

To basketball history? Not so much.