• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not....but in his defense, he just doesn't have the supporting cast and head coach that Steph has enjoyed these last 4+ yrs.

People weren't saying of course not a week ago

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone says the Dubs are Steph's team....which is undeniably true...but it's also Draymond's team just as much...imho.

Dubs wouldn't be able to do half the things they've done on both ends of the floor without Green in there.

He's the fulcrum of this machine called the GSW.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors woulda smoked Denver too

They dominated them in the regular season though I think Denver may have won one game early. Every game after that was a blow out. Its why I thought Portland might have been a tougher match up (Lillard and CJ's scoring could keep them in it) but clearly that isn't even the case. They've absolutely put the clamps down on Dame.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to be one of the biggest homers on this board, the way you talk about your W's...it's just really funny.

Really? You're the guy saing "Yeah, the west is weak because the west is weak". And forgive me for talking about the Warriors on a thread about the series that the warriors is up 3-0 in. So much "homer" in that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone says the Dubs are Steph's team....which is undeniably true...but it's also Draymond's team just as much...imho.

Dubs wouldn't be able to do half the things they've done on both ends of the floor without Green in there.

Unsung still, no one sees past the emotions. One of the best defenders of all time. Playmaker, triple double machine not a guard. Pay thyat man hees mahney

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the West was strong the Nuggets wouldn't have been a top seed, it really isn't that hard to figure out. And we found that the Rockets were overrated this season, not really as good as last season.

All of this is false.

How were the Rockets overrated? Based on what? They are almost surely the 3rd best team in the NBA and were 2nd best last year.

They lost to the Warriors, but played them very tough. Everybody loses to the Warriors.

The Blazers are a good, not great team. They just don't match up well with GS. And pretty much everyone here said that before the series started. Denver is also a good, not great team.

What about teams like the Clippers and Spurs who pushed really good teams?

No, the West is not weak at all. The top 8 were all good enough to potentially win a series in the East.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You're the guy saing "Yeah, the west is weak because the west is weak". And forgive me for talking about the Warriors on a thread about the series that the warriors is up 3-0 in. So much "homer" in that.

You trouble following along I see. What don’t you understand about the West having fewer strong teams than before? And the east having more good teams

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You trouble following along I see. What don’t you understand about the West having fewer strong teams than before? And the east having more good teams

Why? Because you said so? There's nothing to follow.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All obvious points.

My point is we don't know what the problem is as of now other than he had soreness in his calf, so shouldn't be so quick to assume he's not going to play again in this series.

I am not making assumptions

But It would be surprising to see him play Monday.

The injury seems on the mild side.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this is false.

How were the Rockets overrated? Based on what? They are almost surely the 3rd best team in the NBA and were 2nd best last year.

They lost to the Warriors, but played them very tough. Everybody loses to the Warriors.

The Blazers are a good, not great team. They just don't match up well with GS. And pretty much everyone here said that before the series started. Denver is also a good, not great team.

What about teams like the Clippers and Spurs who pushed really good teams?

No, the West is not weak at all. The top 8 were all good enough to potentially win a series in the East.

You just said the Blazers are good but not great team and they made ECF and are down 0-3 to a team missing Durant. Explain that

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said the Blazers are good not great and the made ECF and are down 0-3 to a team missing Durant. Explain that

I already did.

Matchups.

Houston is the 2nd best team in the West. They are better than anybody in the East other than Milwaukee.

All these teams (Portland, Denver, Utah, OKC) are pretty comparable to the other East teams.

Milwaukee is impressive as hell. Nobody else has shown me a damn thing to make me thing they are better than Portland or Denver.

Toronto is good. But they look to be overmatched by their ECF opponent just like Portland. Also, like Portland, they required 7 games to get through their series prior. Unlike Portland, Toronto's opponent gifted them multiple games with poor play from their stars.

You are making assumptions that GS isn't that good without KD. That is wrong. They are still championship caliber without him. Portland getting beat by them is no less shameful than Toronto getting beat by Milwaukee.

The superior teams are winning just like they are supposed to.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already did.

Matchups.

Houston is the 2nd best team in the West. They are better than anybody in the East other than Milwaukee.

All these teams (Portland, Denver, Utah, OKC) are pretty comparable to the other East teams.

Milwaukee is impressive as hell. Nobody else has shown me a damn thing to make me thing they are better than Portland or Denver.

Toronto is good. But they look to be overmatched by their ECF opponent just like Portland. Also, like Portland, they required 7 games to get through their series prior. Unlike Portland, Toronto's opponent gifted them multiple games with poor play from their stars.

You are making assumptions that GS isn't that good without KD. That is wrong. They are still championship caliber without him. Portland getting beat by them is no less shameful than Toronto getting beat by Milwaukee.

The superior teams are winning just like they are supposed to.

Matchups don't explain how the Blazers got all the way to the conference finals. Portland really isn't that good outside of Lillard and CJ, but they got the conference finals beating the team with the 2nd best record and an OKC team that was suppose to give the GSW's problems. If these teams were good then Portland wouldn't have made it to the conference finals. Them making it to the conf finals just proves how weak the west is.

Portland, Denver, Utah, or OKC would have lost to 76ers, Bucks, Raptors, Celts...heck even the Pacers with Oladipo would have probably beaten a couple of those teams.

Toronto required 7 games because the 76ers have a hell of a lot of talent and would be a tough out for any team. There is no shame in needing 7 games to beat the 76ers.

GS is very good without KD but they still are much better with him. I don't expect Portland to beat this GS team but I would think they could manage 1 game out of 3 if they were worthy of being in the conference finals because they beat a bunch of great teams to get there.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy declared out game 4