• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it looked like that even at the end of the third. Too many layups and free runs to the basket and offensive rebounds. I didn't see much effort.
Portland didn't have any legs in the 4th. You can see that in their missed F/Ts.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we sure Portland isn’t drinking NyQuil at halftime instead of Gatorade?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point. He doesn't manage his rotations based on the scoreboard. It's set and he sticks with it. He manages timeouts like that the but basis of his coaching philosophy is "you're a NBA player, we hired you for a reason, go out there and hit the shots you know you can make". And it's like that for everybody. He's the most empowering coach that the leagues ever seen as far as the players go.

I get your point 100%.

And it is fine that all of those guys are getting minutes.

Here is my point. I will break it down further so you can grasp it.

Instead of playing both Curry and Draymond through the entire 1st quarter, Kerr should allow Draymond to get his rest in the first so that he can come back out with Klay and the rest of the second unit.

In other words, perhaps instead of this at the end of the 1st quarter:

Curry, Livingston, Draymond, Iggy, Looney

We could see:

Curry, Livingston, McKinnie, Jerebko, Bell- because Currey is capable of carrying this unit better than Klay is....

Then you could have:

Cook, Klay, Draymond, Livingston/McKinnie, Looney

Which gives another ball handler/playmaker out there with Klay. That is my point.

Kerr is a very good coach overall. In game adjustments and player substitution patterns are not his forte.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by GS needing him against Milwaukee though. But other than that, you're right.
And now Iguodala is down also. No Durant, no Cousins and no Iguodala against Milwaukee is going to be tough.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there were always tough series for the W's to win those championships. Thing with the W's is when they did win them the opponent the east did provide them wasn't one of them. Cavs played great to beat them that one year but everybody knows who's the younger brother in that relationship.

I'm not talking about past years, I'm talking about this year. What does last year have to do with the West being weak this year. The Nuggets had the 2nd best record in the West and they weren't all that good.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before Dubs haters can say it..

Portland just gotta win game 4.....blah blah blah :D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about past years, I'm talking about this year. What does last year have to do with the West being weak this year. The Nuggets had the 2nd best record in the West and they weren't all that good.

And the Rockets had the 4th best record and they are that good.

What exactly is your point?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Iguodala is down also. No Durant, no Cousins and no Iguodala against Milwaukee is going to be tough.
Negative nancy...give a rest goodness. We don't even have any details about Iggy's situation.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does yester-year have to do with the Rockets closing out the seasons like monsters and being picked apart by the W's in a game 6 that everybody thought they had no chance in?

And I really don't give a shit about which conference is better. The Bucks look like a buzzsaw right now. The W's without Durant look like a swarm of gnats. These two teams looked like they were on a collision course from day 1 and it worked out that way.WTF does "conference" have to do with any of that shit?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland didn't have any legs in the 4th. You can see that in their missed F/Ts.
Yeah, I think they missed 11 during the game. You would think it would be the Warriors with tired legs without Durant, Cousins and Iguodala.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative nancy...give a rest goodness. We don't even have any details about Iggy's situation.
Glass man never makes it through an entire playoffs without going down at least once. He was limping badly and we never saw him again. That could be trouble.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defintely concerning though.

Probably not anything major, but the Warriors can ill afford another injury to another starter.

Depth was a concern before KD got hurt.

They just need to focus on winning 1 more game, then getting everybody as healthy as possible for May 30th.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defintely concerning though.

Probably not anything major, but the Warriors can ill afford another injury to another starter.

Depth was a concern before KD got hurt.

They just need to focus on winning 1 more game, then getting everybody as healthy as possible for May 30th.
All obvious points.

My point is we don't know what the problem is as of now other than he had soreness in his calf, so shouldn't be so quick to assume he's not going to play again in this series.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Blazers 66 at half time, but only scored half of that in the second half.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Rockets had the 4th best record and they are that good.

What exactly is your point?

If the West was strong the Nuggets wouldn't have been a top seed, it really isn't that hard to figure out. And we found that the Rockets were overrated this season, not really as good as last season.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State's defense has keyed on Dame all series, and he's succumbed to their pressure.

I wonder if the criticism will come as quickly as the praise.

We know how Lebron would be treated if he played this poorly in a conference finals
even if he was great in round 1.

Give Golden State all the credit in the world, but the superstar also has to take some of the blame when he is beyond horrible.

First time in his career given the bright lights and big stage, and he turtled up into a fetal position all series long.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does yester-year have to do with the Rockets closing out the seasons like monsters and being picked apart by the W's in a game 6 that everybody thought they had no chance in?

And I really don't give a shit about which conference is better. The Bucks look like a buzzsaw right now. The W's without Durant look like a swarm of gnats. These two teams looked like they were on a collision course from day 1 and it worked out that way.WTF does "conference" have to do with any of that shit?

What does any of this have to do with the West being weak?