• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Jellybean Bryant did you know he had the option of getting an attitude transplant shortly after retirement but decided he'd rather be an asshole all his life?

:heh:

That drive is what made him an all-time great, while others like Dwight Howard are simply bitch-made.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you can (add multiple S&T), you can even combine it with picks and players under contract...

There should be no problem with Middleton and Brogdon because it's the only way to get a 5-year contract... Lopez could be a problem, but then again, it's a package of friends that was working together for a whole season with beyond expectation success and they're gonna find there Christian Wood too...

Since you're wrong about the 5 year contract, I'm going to assume you're wrong about the rest too without a link.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main premise of the argument is there will *****likely***** never be a team in the NBA again that will put together a team that's equal to what the Warriors have now.

Of course there's still a possibility of a dynasty, which I doubt ever comes to fruition. But you're not going to catch lightning in a bottle like the Warriors did again.
I'm just rebutting that never is a long time. It would take some more lucky circumstances but it's not like it's impossible. It would mainly have to involve unbelievably lucky drafting, where guys you get late turn into great players

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you're wrong about the 5 year contract, I'm going to assume you're wrong about the rest too without a link.

No... I'm not wrong about the rest... just a bit "behind" on the CBA changes... The "package" can be anything, exactly like it is under the "normal" CBA 125% rules... only difference is that the value of the player that is under S&T counts as half his new contract, or the previous season salary with his ex-team (whichever is higher)...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just rebutting that never is a long time. It would take some more lucky circumstances but it's not like it's impossible. It would mainly have to involve unbelievably lucky drafting, where guys you get late turn into great players

Ok, fine. If you think the exact sequence of events that led the Warriors to build the team they have, are going to happen again, then cool.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fine. If you think the exact sequence of events that led the Warriors to build the team they have, are going to happen again, then cool.
Not what I said but it's fine

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That drive is what made him an all-time great, while others like Dwight Howard are simply bitch-made.

And thank you (again as usual) for taking yet anther sarcastic comment about your beloved team way too seriously.

As a Celtics fan I've been taking shots @ the Lakers from the moment I got to SportsHoopla. It's obvious you don't have a sense of humor about your team.

It's better for you if you ignore/don't respond to anything anti Purple 'n Gold I say. Because you're usually the 1st Lakers fan to think even for a second I'm being serious.

Kobe's an all time great. But that won't stop me from saying sarcastic stuff about him or his team.

And if it will make you feel better how about I stop the Kobe stuff? I'll switch gears & start talking about the complete dysfunction that is the Lakers front office instead.:D

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thank you (again as usual) for taking yet anther sarcastic comment about your beloved team way too seriously.

As a Celtics fan I've been taking shots @ the Lakers from the moment I got to SportsHoopla. It's obvious you don't have a sense of humor about your team.

It's better for you if you ignore/don't respond to anything anti Purple 'n Gold I say. Because you're usually the 1st Lakers fan to think even for a second I'm being serious.

Kobe's an all time great. But that won't stop me from saying sarcastic stuff about him or his team.

And if it will make you feel better how about I stop the Kobe stuff? I'll switch gears & start talking about the complete dysfunction that is the Lakers front office instead.:D

I couldn't give two shits what you do, lol. This whole year has been everyone taking shots at the Lakers, so I take on all comers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't give two shits what you do, lol. This whole year has been everyone taking shots at the Lakers, so I take on all comers.

If you really don't care (which I'm calling bullshit on) why are you always the 1st to take a sarcastic comment about the Lakers way too seriously?

Here's a hint. Knowing that it bothers you will just make me do that even more. Learn to have a sense of humor about your team.

I've been taking shots @ Kyrie for 2 years now. I've made fun of Brad Stevens & Danny Ainge in the past. But you never seen any other Celtics fans getting bent outta shape.

So Celtics fans don't get upset when I make fun of Boston. And you're just about the only Lakers fans that actually has an issue w/ any anti Lakers stuff I say. Why is it only you & no other Lakers fans?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An exact sequence of events won't be needed. It will just be a different set of circumstances that could make it possible.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... that team was just an example of what kind of team would be better than what the GSW now are... Has nothing to with the cap space available... There are more combinations that can be used as an example...

They cannot afford it... They could perhaps if it was only the lux tax they would have to pay, but not if one adds the severe penalty tax for being into the lux tax on top...

That's just "the situation" that the GSW wants to promote... They don't (or cannot) afford to keep him, they'll never say this in public though (for obvious reasons...)

The Bucks are planning for the future, the FO has done a tremendous job this season to set the base for a bright future...
I can remember the media inventing "problems" during the previous season related with "the bad contracts", "Jabari Parker leaving", "the Bucks financial situation" etc... Yet the Bucks didn't keep Jabari for even a penny more than his qualification offer, they are with exceptional financial status (especially considering that they are a contending team), they have the best roster depth in the entire league and most important... They have the best locker room relationships in the entire league, were everybody has a team spirit and feels blessed to be part of the team and wants to stay (under a team friendly contract) so that all the above can be retained for the future... It's only Middleton that may demand more than the Bucks are willing to offer him and therefore (unless he does agree on a "team friendly contract", he will have to go (with the blessings and cooperation of the F.O like it happened with Jabari...). Him leaving, won't affect the Bucks performance at all... trust me on this, you'll see... The Bucks will be significantly better than they now are by the trade dead line of 2020...

That was a terrible example though.

Sure, I can assemble a dream of all stars from any era to beat the '96 Bulls, the '87 Lakers, or the 2017 Warriors.

But what makes the Warriors dynasty so special is that they actually fit all those all stars under the salary cap. Your example is ridiculously unrealistic.

And yes, the Warriors can afford to pay the steep luxury tax bill. They are opening a new arena next year and have more money then they know what to do with.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so they get Holiday and AD? They signed Holiday to a long-term contract, why would they just throw him in a deal with Middleton, Mirotic and Lopez. BTW both these guys are FA's so I mean you are living in fairytaleland. You have no idea how the cap, FA, NBA, etc. in general works.

You also said Brogdon would be added in the deal but then you said he is on the Bucks with that "fairytale" lineup. I think you are very confused. It's ok...we all can dream.

I dream the Cavs get Zion then they trade Tristan Thompson for Klay Thompson. Then KD decides to come to Cleveland and they trade Kevin Love for Curry and they have a lineup of Curry, Klay, KD, Zion with an amazing bench with Sexton, Osman, Clarkson. It won't matter they have $190M in salaries

Cmon man.

Trade Osman for Anthony Davis and Clarkson for Giannis. Then you would really have something g

WTF were you thinking to not come up with that?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly don't understand how cap space works... The Bucks only have 72M of guaranteed salaries for next season and that includes 19M of Snell (bird) and Ilyasova (MLE) both of which will most probably be moved next season... (leaving buck 53M of guaranteed contracts) Therefore if the Bucks can have Middleton moved (on a "sign and trade" max), and add Lopez, Brogdon, Snell & Ilyasova, they can end up to only resign Mirotic & Hill (some 18M combined) and additionally add AD and Jrue Holliday without ever paying a penny of lux tax for next season... and they'll still have another 10M to spend on FA role players as to sign 2 or 3 of them and end up with a 15 players (all useful) roster...

There is almost nothing in this post that is accurate or realistic.

What assets are you sending out to dump those contracts? Or do you actually think people what to trade for Snell?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are incredibly smart... Only thing, you fail to suggest ....an alternative that beats it and additionally that...AD & Jrue approves the destination! :doh:

AD and Jrue can approve all they want.

The Pelicans would not.

Much better trade packages out there for them.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pelicans would not.

Here's the thing...IMO, there can be a real argument over who's more valuable in simply an argument of Middleton and Jrue Holiday. Middleton is 27. Holiday is 28. Holiday is on a deal for 3 more years at 79M(26M AAV) and Middleton will command a max salary starting at 32.5M.

So basically it would come down to AD for Brook Lopez, Malcolm Brogdon, Tony Snell and Ersan Ilyasova. LOOOOOL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing...IMO, there can be a real argument over who's more valuable in simply an argument of Middleton and Jrue Holiday. Middleton is 27. Holiday is 28. Holiday is on a deal for 3 more years at 79M(26M AAV) and Middleton will command a max salary starting at 32.5M.

So basically it would come down to AD for Brook Lopez, Malcolm Brogdon, Tony Snell and Ersan Ilyasova. LOOOOOL.

That's a tough one man. Give me 24 hours to think on this one lolzz

Who can pass on an offer of the greats of Snell, Lopez and Ilyasova. The thing is just those 3 players (have to resign Lopez) would equal AD's salary lolzz

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

I do take Middleton over Jrue even though he would be making a bit more, but not by enough to make a deal like that close to worthwhile.

Brogdon is the only player of that quartet that has significant positive trade value. Oh yeah, not to mention none of these guys are taking sign and trade deals to play in NOLA without AD.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pelicans would not.

Do you really think that players of that caliper can be traded to wherever the team wants, but the players don't approve the destination?

Here is what happens next... Player's manager calls the undesired team's GM and says:

"Look, if you proceed with this, we'll cause you more problems than Kwahi or Butler ever caused to the Spurs or the Wolves respectively... Understand? Now... back off or you'll regret it... we are not coming there, we don't want you... Understand?"

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough one man. Give me 24 hours to think on this one lolzz

Who can pass on an offer of the greats of Snell, Lopez and Ilyasova. The thing is just those 3 players (have to resign Lopez) would equal AD's salary lolzz

Who ever said Lopez, Ilyasova and Snell (only) for AD? can't you read?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

I do take Middleton over Jrue even though he would be making a bit more, but not by enough to make a deal like that close to worthwhile.

Brogdon is the only player of that quartet that has significant positive trade value. Oh yeah, not to mention none of these guys are taking sign and trade deals to play in NOLA without AD.

Look...

1. It's wrong for us having this conversation here... it's the GSW vs, Blazers thread...
2. You don't count AD's and Jrue's own will...
3. I'm not saying this is happening... All I'm saying is that the Bucks do consider proposing for AD & JH because they know that AD & JH would like to dressed up under the Bucks badge...
4. Nobody expected that the Bucks would make a deal for Mirotic for ...4x2nd round picks, out of which 2 are equal to garbage since they are Bucks own 2nd, which means 55-60=to signing undrafted.
5. There is more between the Pels & the Bucks going on "under the table" ...Look at Christian Wood (exceptional talent) and Tim Frazier...