• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love that, everyone crying conspiracy if they get the #1...

I've always wanted to see all 4 CA teams good at the same time
I don't, I grew up hating the Lakers and despise James. I'm OK if the Clips and Sacto get better. But it would be interesting after the Lakers winning titles and still getting Johnson, Worthy and Jabbar if they swing a Williamson coup..

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you're always wrong, it's been proven. I guess that can be informative if we just reverse everything you predict we will have a good handle on things
I don't think I'm wrong on this one. Have you ever seen a calf strain occur from jogging back up the floor after a shot? As I said, I don't understand what benefit the Warriors are getting by calling it such, perhaps they want to keep teams worrying about Durant's return, but that is an achilles injury.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love that, everyone crying conspiracy if they get the #1...

I've always wanted to see all 4 CA teams good at the same time

I'm definitely NOPING on this one. Clippers haven't been good enough in their history for me to really not want them to succeed, but they're LA, so nah. You must have a short memory on how the Lakers and Kings fans used to act around here. Lakers fans have been longer tortuous of Warrior fans, but I think early-mid 2000's Kings were peak levels of the worst.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm wrong on this one. Have you ever seen a calf strain occur from jogging back up the floor after a shot? As I said, I don't understand what benefit the Warriors are getting by calling it such, perhaps they want to keep teams worrying about Durant's return, but that is an achilles injury.

Yes, but that would be the Warriors motivation. What is Durant's motivation to lie about it? What's Durant's motivation to not seek surgery? If you think logically about the situation, there's no upside for the Warriors/Durant to deceive people about it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, if there was a tear in his achillies, partial or otherwise, it would require him to have surgery. Rest and PT is an option for regular joes like us who don't rely on our explosiveness and athleticism to make a living. The surgery would strengthen his damaged tendon and be the one way he could potentially get back to where he's at. Rest and PT isn't going to do it and if he had even the slightest inkling that he had a tear, I have no doubt that KD and his team would opt for the surgery. He's a free agent this upcoming year and he needs to get back ASAP and the surgery is the quickest road to recovery.

The ONLY way Durant has a tear and he's not doing anything about it is if the Warriors are blatantly lying to Durant about his medical diagnosis and being completely unethical in their handling of his situation. This also could result in a lawsuit or major ramifications from the league.

Do you think the Warriors are that dumb to do that? Moreover do you think Durant is that dumb to LET them do something like that?
I gotta admit, that makes sense. It sure looked achilles to me though and I think to everyone else as well, I believe I heard Shaq, Kenny Smith and Barkely say that as well as the on court announcers among others.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but that would be the Warriors motivation. What is Durant's motivation to lie about it? What's Durant's motivation to not seek surgery? If you think logically about the situation, there's no upside for the Warriors/Durant to deceive people about it.
As I said, I can't figure out why they are doing this unless they hope to keep their upcoming opponents guessing. I hope I'm wrong, but calf strains happen from jumping. He was 4 or 5 steps up the floor, barely jogging, when he pulled up and his description of what he felt was exactly what numerous other folks who hurt their achilles described. I don't like it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read CitySushis comment then tell me if your opinion changes. You're wrong, again

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely NOPING on this one. Clippers haven't been good enough in their history for me to really not want them to succeed, but they're LA, so nah. You must have a short memory on how the Lakers and Kings fans used to act around here. Lakers fans have been longer tortuous of Warrior fans, but I think early-mid 2000's Kings were peak levels of the worst.
Fair enough, I'm just not the same level of LA hater. I might be if the Warriors were still shitty

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my previous response to City
Can't tell if you agree with him or not. We can sum it up, you are wrong, he is right, and he gave excellent evidence why. All you have is your usual Debbie Downer feels.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I'm just not the same level of LA hater. I might be if the Warriors were still shitty
There's still room for you on that bandwagon; we'll scrunch over.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't read past the first sentence because I can't stop laughing. You never think you're wrong. Even when you were wrong about the Rockets/Warriors series. Too damn funny.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't tell if you agree with him or not. We can sum it up, you are wrong, he is right, and he gave excellent evidence why. All you have is your usual Debbie Downer feels.
I wonder if they have to wait for the swelling to subside before they can even consider surgery? Perhaps it doesn't hurt him to keep it under the vest for a short time?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. Perhaps what I said in post #194?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Dodgers for sure, but not the Lakers or Clips
I despise the Lakers, the Rams and the Dodgers. Might as well throw in the Kings as well; even though I don't follow hockey, they are from L.A.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My situation is clearly just as plausible as any of your scenarios. You hope to get top tier talent to Milwaukee with no cap space and mid level trade assets. Good luck with that too.

You clearly don't understand how cap space works... The Bucks only have 72M of guaranteed salaries for next season and that includes 19M of Snell (bird) and Ilyasova (MLE) both of which will most probably be moved next season... (leaving buck 53M of guaranteed contracts) Therefore if the Bucks can have Middleton moved (on a "sign and trade" max), and add Lopez, Brogdon, Snell & Ilyasova, they can end up to only resign Mirotic & Hill (some 18M combined) and additionally add AD and Jrue Holliday without ever paying a penny of lux tax for next season... and they'll still have another 10M to spend on FA role players as to sign 2 or 3 of them and end up with a 15 players (all useful) roster...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly don't understand how cap space works... The Bucks only have 72M of guaranteed salaries for next season and that includes 19M of Snell (bird) and Ilyasova (MLE) both of which will most probably be moved next season... (leaving buck 53M of guaranteed contracts) Therefore if the Bucks can have Middleton moved (on a "sign and trade" max), and add Lopez, Brogdon, Snell & Ilyasova, they can end up to only resign Mirotic & Hill (some 18M combined) and additionally add AD and Jrue Holliday without ever paying a penny of lux tax for next season... and they'll still have another 10M to spend on FA role players as to sign 2 or 3 of them and end up with a 15 players (all useful) roster...
And that's a good thing. Only ridiculous geeks do.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OMG how can any team resist the offer of Lopez, Brogdon, Snell and Ilyasova and a maxed out Middleton for a top 5 player in the game and one of the best two way guards in the NBA. LOL. You make that offer and you get hung up on and black listed.

LOL bruh, you way outta your league on this one. Just take the L and walk away.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG how can any team resist the offer of Lopez, Brogdon, Snell and Ilyasova and a maxed out Middleton for a top 5 player in the game and one of the best two way guards in the NBA. LOL. You make that offer and you get hung up on and black listed.

LOL bruh, you way outta your league on this one. Just take the L and walk away.

You really are incredibly smart... Only thing, you fail to suggest ....an alternative that beats it and additionally that...AD & Jrue approves the destination! :doh: