• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Waving the white flag on the Heat season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA: Does Pat Riley get LeBron?

great article that outlines the ACTUALY FACTS of Jame's departure- and how the Heat fans are just looking for a punching bag when sprouting these ridiculous consipiracy theories......GREAT GREAT ARTICLE- just shows the Heat fans that believe in a James conspiracy theory to wreck their franchise are plainly just bitter and/or uninformed.

Stopped reading when the moron that wrote the article couldn't even get the circumstances around Riley leaving the Lakers right.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped reading when the moron that wrote the article couldn't even get the circumstances around Riley leaving the Lakers right.

Not only that, what Heat fan ever said Riley wasn't ruthless?

I heard today , for the first time, that James wouldn't even meet with the Heat/Riley for a exit interview last year.
Once again, this has never been about what James could have, or should have done.
It's all about what he did do, and the fashion he did it.

Karmas coming. It just has too.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA: Does Pat Riley get LeBron?

great article that outlines the ACTUALY FACTS of Jame's departure- and how the Heat fans are just looking for a punching bag when sprouting these ridiculous consipiracy theories......GREAT GREAT ARTICLE- just shows the Heat fans that believe in a James conspiracy theory to wreck their franchise are plainly just bitter and/or uninformed.

Did you know what was presented as actual fact on ESPN radio today?
Something I told you many times.
The Heat went to James before the Miller amnesty for confirmation that he was OK with it, and he totally was ( just like anyone else who has a brain).

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's annoying is the apparent sentiment that Riley/the Heat making ruthless decisions is praiseworthy while LeBron making a ruthless business decision means "Karma is coming".

Saying that LeBron deserves some sort of Karma for his free agency decisions is beyond absurd, IMO.

Generally... this same sentiment can be applied to any owner/organization and any player. I'll never understand why so many NBA fans so often end up on the side of the owners rather than the players.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's annoying is the apparent sentiment that Riley/the Heat making ruthless decisions is praiseworthy while LeBron making a ruthless business decision means "Karma is coming".

Saying that LeBron deserves some sort of Karma for his free agency decisions is beyond absurd, IMO.

Generally... this same sentiment can be applied to any owner/organization and any player. I'll never understand why so many NBA fans so often end up on the side of the owners rather than the players.

I've always said he owed Riley/Arison nothing. A contract is a contract.
I have always said who he did owe something to was Bosh and especially Wade (since they are best friends).
He didn't tell Wade because he wanted the last laugh (for whatever reason) against Riley.

That's the karma I'm talking about.

James TOTALLY knew where his mind was yet he allowed Wade to opt out of a lot of cash in order to hopefully sacrifice enough to keep the Heat Big 3 together.

Last edited by a moderator:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard today , for the first time, that James wouldn't even meet with the Heat/Riley for a exit interview last year.
Once again, this has never been about what James could have, or should have done.
It's all about what he did do, and the fashion he did it.

Are you f'ing serious?

Karma was James leaving the Heat in the lurch after they stole him from Cleveland.

If we are making a karma balance sheet, the heat and Riley still owe quite a bit.

Riley's comment shows a preposterous amount of hypocrisy on his part.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you f'ing serious?

Karma was James leaving the Heat in the lurch after they stole him from Cleveland.

If we are making a karma balance sheet, the heat and Riley still owe quite a bit.

Last time I looked, the Heat took him to 4 Finals is 4 season.
Last time I looked, the only rings he has have Heat logos on them.
The Heat taught him what it took to make the leap from regular season champ to NBA champ.
BOTH sides mutually benefited from each other.

As far as Riley, once again, he was owed nothing, but that also includes not being owed whatever bullshit James and his people put him through.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Riley, once again, he was owed nothing, but that also includes not being owed whatever bullshit James and his people put him through.

That bullshit is the karma you were talking about earlier.

Lebron left the Heat for the same reason he left the Cav's. He saw the writing on the wall and realized his best chance moving forward at winning rings was somewhere else. It is the EXACT reason he went to the Heat in the first place....and he left them in nearly the exact same manner in which he joined them. To complain about the manner in which he did it and call it bullshit now after reaping the benefits of it 5 years ago is hypocrisy at it's finest.

Oh and just so the record is straight:
Lebron took the Heat to 4 straight final appearances. Not the other way around. All you have to do is look at this season to realize that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron left the Heat for the same reason he left the Cav's. He saw the writing on the wall and realized his best chance moving forward at winning rings was somewhere else. It is the EXACT reason he went to the Heat in the first place....and he left them in nearly the exact same manner in which he joined them. To complain about the manner in which he did it and call it bullshit now after reaping the benefits of it 5 years ago is hypocrisy at it's finest.

Lebron took the Heat to 4 straight final appearances. Not the other way around. All you have to do is look at this season to realize that.

James is a coward, and left because Gilbert handed total control over to him.
To assume Riley would ever let the Heat not contend while he was playing here is baseless.

And as far as this season, anyone should be able to understand why we struggled.

I think you'll get a much clearer vision of where we stand after next season.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James is a coward, and left because Gilbert handed total control over to him.
To assume Riley would ever let the Heat not contend while he was playing here is baseless.

Baseless? Josh McRoberts - 4 years $22M. That was Riley's big move to convince James he could still field a NBA finals competitive team in Miami even as Wade and Bosh aged and their skills declined. Not baseless at all. It was a laughably bad contract even if he had stayed healthy.

And as far as this season, anyone should be able to understand why we struggled.

I think you'll get a much clearer vision of where we stand after next season.

You have hope for the Heat moving forward?!? They got 62 productive games out of Wade last year and found the steal of the last decade by unearthing Whiteside. And they still sucked. You really think this team has any chance of winning a playoff series anytime in the near future? Hell the only reason they have a shot at the playoffs anytime soon is because they play in the East.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseless? Josh McRoberts - 4 years $22M. That was Riley's big move to convince James he could still field a NBA finals competitive team in Miami even as Wade and Bosh aged and their skills declined. Not baseless at all. It was a laughably bad contract even if he had stayed healthy.

You have hope for the Heat moving forward?!? They got 62 productive games out of Wade last year and found the steal of the last decade by unearthing Whiteside. And they still sucked. You really think this team has any chance of winning a playoff series anytime in the near future? Hell the only reason they have a shot at the playoffs anytime soon is because they play in the East.

Thing is, Wade shouldn't be anything more then our 4th best option moving forward.
You are ignoring the fact we will have a top 10 pg and a dominant center that combined with Bosh and Wade should be very hard to defend.
Deng isn't great, but he's no slouch, and if he's your worst starter you are doing pretty good.

McRoberts isn't over priced, and I feel there is a good chance he isn't even here.
I could easily see a trade for Stephenson (which was rumored last year).

And as far as your East, stuff, the Cavs are lucky they are in it this year.
They might not see round 2 if they weren't.

Bottom line and FACT, James never missed the Finals here.
To assume, like you are, that Riley wouldn't stay competitive is asinine.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, Wade shouldn't be anything more then our 4th best option moving forward.
You are ignoring the fact we will have a top 10 pg and a dominant center that combined with Bosh and Wade should be very hard to defend.

Wade is still the best thing that the Heat has. The PG position is too deep league-wide for Dragic to be considered top 10; top 15 is more likely. And Whiteside has looked good and promising, but it is 1/2 season of work.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen.
Are you f'ing serious?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

preach brother! preach!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng isn't great, but he's no slouch, and if he's your worst starter you are doing pretty good.

McRoberts isn't over priced, and I feel there is a good chance he isn't even here.
I could easily see a trade for Stephenson (which was rumored last year).

And as far as your East, stuff, the Cavs are lucky they are in it this year.
They might not see round 2 if they weren't.

Bottom line and FACT, James never missed the Finals here.
To assume, like you are, that Riley wouldn't stay competitive is asinine.
calling Whiteside a dominant center and acting like you can depend on him after a few months of good play is a HUGE stretch.

There are a dozen centers I would pick for my team before I would rely on Whiteside- probably even more than that- plus the guy- while physically talented- really does not know what he is doing on a basketball court

and Dragic is a good player- but there are a ton of good point guards- and there are at LEAST 10 guys better than him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you told Riley that you could get 62 games out of Wade next year- and he only misses 20 (after missing almost 30 the previous year) he would jump on it in no time.

every team has injuries- the Heat fans on here kept telling me all year how healthy Wade was this year...and yet they cant make the playoffs in the EAST- even though they got a "DOMINANT" center in Whiteside and a"top 10 PG" in Dragic

this had to be the most talented team in the history of basketball to finish under 500 and miss the Eastern Conference Playoffs the way Heat fans talk about it

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you told Riley that you could get 62 games out of Wade next year- and he only misses 20 (after missing almost 30 the previous year) he would jump on it in no time.

every team has injuries- the Heat fans on here kept telling me all year how healthy Wade was this year...and yet they cant make the playoffs in the EAST- even though they got a "DOMINANT" center in Whiteside and a"top 10 PG" in Dragic

this had to be the most talented team in the history of basketball to finish under 500 and miss the Eastern Conference Playoffs the way Heat fans talk about it

Our projected starters for the season played a total of 37 minutes.
Learn the game.

Mixing in a PG and C for the last couple months into an injury riddled roster is very hard to do.

Yes, we should have prob made the playoffs, but we are probably better off that we didn't.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our projected starters for the season played a total of 37 minutes.
Learn the game.

Mixing in a PG and C for the last couple months into an injury riddled roster is very hard to do.

Yes, we should have prob made the playoffs, but we are probably better off that we didn't.

I don't think the Heat should have made the playoffs with the circumstances they had this year. I was amazed they were even close after Bosh was shut down.
But, IF everything goes well, they COULD be in good shape next year.
As you mentioned, they need to develop chemistry, a feel for playing together. If Wade and Bosh can stay healthy, Whiteside continues to play great, and Deng gives more than the glimpses of what he can do they will be fine.
Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside will be good if playing >65 games together. But that is the big IF; how many games do they stay healthy? I don't think they will come out of the East if the Cavs stay together, but they will be good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Heat should have made the playoffs with the circumstances they had this year. I was amazed they were even close after Bosh was shut down.
But, IF everything goes well, they COULD be in good shape next year.
As you mentioned, they need to develop chemistry, a feel for playing together. If Wade and Bosh can stay healthy, Whiteside continues to play great, and Deng gives more than the glimpses of what he can do they will be fine.
Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside will be good if playing >65 games together. But that is the big IF; how many games do they stay healthy? I don't think they will come out of the East if the Cavs stay together, but they will be good.

Yep agree with everything you said. This thread however is not the place to say it because Wiggy will continue to talk his nonsense.

Next year if all of the above happen, I think the East will be better and look different. If Miami & Indy can stay healthy, I think they will replace Toronto and Washington in the top 5 of the east