• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

was thinking about the draft and what baalke might do

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basically locked up the d and grabbed a couple wr's. but baalkelet snyder walk and didn't seem like we're really looking for anyone.

if i was betting on who we're taking i'd put my money on zeitler. unless i'm wrong and they actually plan to go with kilgore. i just don't see it tho.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've forgotten, is Chilo still under contract? Sort of hope he isn't because I'd rather not hand the keys to "pancake city" all over again. At the same time, I doubt Baalke is planning on handing Kilgore the RG job without any experience.

Should be interesting to see what happens with the Niners OL in the coming months.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chilo is gone. offensive line seems thin in free agency and baalke hasn't made any moves in that area. was just reading we weren't at his pro day. hmmmm

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Chilo is a FA so currently Kilgore is our only option at RG at the moment. We are supposed to meet with Geoff Schwartz so he could potentially fill the spot.

How we draft is likely going to depend on if we get Manning or not.

Baalke so far typically goes for a blend of BPA and need when it comes to the draft but if we get Manning he'll probably lean even more on need so I would imagine RG would be what he'll be looking at primarily since as of now that's a biggest need and question mark.

Ultimately I don't see him doing any major reaching though as I can't see him passing on a player he loves regardless of position if he's there when we're picking.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want the big bad Badgers OL, he is tough as nails

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost positive that he trades the pick in the 1st to a team that MIGHT make the playoffs, but is one injury away from giving us a top 10 pick.

All we need to do in this draft is address the interior line, as well as adding depth across the board. Next season has 3 cb's that we need to be zoned in on (Rhodes, Banks and Amerson), 4 if Honeybadger projects as a cb ( I see him as a fs).

Trade the pick Balke.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I could see us taking Konz if he's still around. Place him at RG and groom him to take over for Goodwin down the road. Unless Chase Beeler is looking great, we don't have a backup C.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chilo is a FA so currently Kilgore is our only option at RG at the moment. We are supposed to meet with Geoff Schwartz so he could potentially fill the spot.

How we draft is likely going to depend on if we get Manning or not.

Baalke so far typically goes for a blend of BPA and need when it comes to the draft but if we get Manning he'll probably lean even more on need so I would imagine RG would be what he'll be looking at primarily since as of now that's a biggest need and question mark.

Ultimately I don't see him doing any major reaching though as I can't see him passing on a player he loves regardless of position if he's there when we're picking.

good, lean to BPA even if its not our biggest need.