• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was that Gore's last game in a 49er uniform?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the extent of his concussion, but is it possible that that was the last time we see Frank Gore in a 49er uniform.

Yeah, I'm Seahawk fan. Yeah, I know you guys are pissed about the late hit call on Wilson and the hitting a defensive receiver (Richardson) call in the first quarter. I don't blame you. They were shit calls. I'm not here to troll. I'm just curious if you think they will bring Gore back for the last game of the year, given the ccircumstances and Gore's pending free agency.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two calls were indeed terrible, but the better team won. It's difficult to win with your starters against the #1 defense, let alone with your 3rd string RB and a TE who was just promoted from the practice squad. Seattle is peaking at the right time and I can see them going back to the Super Bowl if they have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Regarding Gore, I hope it wasn't the last game he has played for the Niners, but I have a feeling it was. No need to rush him back from a concussion since the Niners are out of the playoffs. I would like for him to sign with a team who has a real chance to win the Super Bowl. I could see him going to the Patriots. With a good passing game and a good OL, Gore will flourish in that situation.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two calls were indeed terrible, but the better team won. It's difficult to win with your starters against the #1 defense, let alone with your 3rd string RB and a TE who was just promoted from the practice squad. Seattle is peaking at the right time and I can see them going back to the Super Bowl if they have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Regarding Gore, I hope it wasn't the last game he has played for the Niners, but I have a feeling it was. No need to rush him back from a concussion since the Niners are out of the playoffs. I would like for him to sign with a team who has a real chance to win the Super Bowl. I could see him going to the Patriots. With a good passing game and a good OL, Gore will flourish in that situation.

Maybe Gore and Harbaugh will be together in Miami next year?

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt Philbin gets fired. He's done a good job after all the scandal derailed the team last year. Tannehill is also making some nice progress. Lamar Miller is a good running back and better than Gore at this point in their careers.

We niner fans love Frank after being with this team during the hell years and he stabilized the position after constant busts. He's also a guy who works a ton, never complains, blocks well, doesn't talk smack, and no drama off the field. However, it's definitely time for the team to move on.

We saw flashes yesterday when he found those little creases like he normally does and got some nice gains, but he doesn't have the burst anymore like Carlos Hyde does. The speed differences were really obvious yesterday and Carlos can fit any scheme with any coach. He did the zone read at Ohio State and was good at it, but he's also fast enough and big enough to be the power back. Hopefully no serious injury yesterday to either guy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe we trade Kaepernick and Harbaugh for Ryan Tannehill, since Kaepernick seems to like the Miami Dolphins a lot. Just kidding.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO Gore wasn't likely to return with or without a concussion.

ALL good 49ers come to an end and we can't keep them all till their last yard. Hyde simply looks better at this point, and we'll go with him no matter. Hunter is returning but we'll still add another RB in the off-season.

Maybe draft one, maybe not, but we'll add another to the mix this off-season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah he will play again this year. Plus I think he signs with us next year at a lower rate. He sees the writing on the wall. Hyde looked good yesterday before the injury. I think Gore would take a 2 year 8 million dollar contract. 4 million for each year. He made 6.5 this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Gore wasn't likely to return with or without a concussion.

ALL good 49ers come to an end and we can't keep them all till their last yard. Hyde simply looks better at this point, and we'll go with him no matter. Hunter is returning but we'll still add another RB in the off-season.

Maybe draft one, maybe not, but we'll add another to the mix this off-season.

I think we draft one again. Baalke likes to draft one every year. I see us picking one up in the 4th or 5th rd.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nah he will play again this year. Plus I think he signs with us next year at a lower rate. He sees the writing on the wall. Hyde looked good yesterday before the injury. I think Gore would take a 2 year 8 million dollar contract. 4 million for each year. He made 6.5 this year.

if he sees the writing on the wall, why would he re-sign at a lower rate? He would know he'll sit most of next season.

from the 49ers perspective, why would you want to place one of your all time 'greats' on the bench? Wouldn't we want to look ahead, use that roster spot for the next 4 years?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he sees the writing on the wall, why would he re-sign at a lower rate? He would know he'll sit most of next season.

from the 49ers perspective, why would you want to place one of your all time 'greats' on the bench? Wouldn't we want to look ahead, use that roster spot for the next 4 years?

No I think he would still get carries. Plus no other team would give 4 million to a 31-32 years old RB. Say the split in carries is 60/40 with Hyde getting the 60% and Gore the 40%. I see nothing wrong with that. Plus he would know he is 1 play away from being the starter again.

I would like to see the 49ers show some loyalty here plus he isn't bad yet. He sill runs hard. He would be a nice back up to have.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think he would still get carries. Plus no other team would give 4 million to a 31-32 years old RB. Say the split in carries is 60/40 with Hyde getting the 60% and Gore the 40%. I see nothing wrong with that. Plus he would know he is 1 play away from being the starter again.

I would like to see the 49ers show some loyalty here plus he isn't bad yet. He sill runs hard. He would be a nice back up to have.

I love Gore, but he just doesn't have the burst anymore. I think Hyde is the starter next year and Hunter will be the backup. Draft another RB for depth. I think Gore will test free agency and see what teams are interested. I really want him to win a ring and staying with the Niners will NOT accomplish that. Niners will contend for the playoffs albeit a wildcard, but not as division champs. The Seahawks truly rule the West.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gore doesn't play for the 9ers next season I really hope he retires. I hate seeing 9er greats in another uniform.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gore doesn't play for the 9ers next season I really hope he retires. I hate seeing 9er greats in another uniform.

I hated seeing Lott, Craig, Rice and Montana in other uniforms. It just didn't look right. I think Gore has a couple of year left in him. He is a great leader, works hard and never complains. He is a class act and I would really see get a ring. Same goes for Justin Smith.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could be wrong, but I just don't see New England investing money in aging QB unless it is for low contract amount. I could also see the 49ers possibly bringing him back at that kind of money. Others have said that he would not accept a backup role, but he may not have a choice at this point regardless of where he ends up.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With our cap issues I don't see how we can possibly pay Gore 4 mill. That could easily mean the difference between keeping one of our guys or not. You just don't pay 4 mill for a guy to be a backup. Especially when that backup is gonna make 10 times what Carlos Hyde the starter makes.

You have to figure out whether we're gonna keep Iupati, Crab, and Lloyd on offense and Aldon, Cox, Culliver, Ian Williams on defense. This doesn't even consider the guys on that you may sign to extensions or cut like Ahmad Brooks, Boone, and Vernon Davis.

I love Frank Gore and if we could afford to keep him I would, but everything says we cant.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ok, but for me 'writing on the wall' is the reverse of this season. Hyde will get the amount of carries Gore got; Gore will get the amount of carries Hyde got. Without looking it up, guessing its closer to 80/20?

If we factor in Hunter, then I'd say 75/15/10.

Loyalty is nice but its not the way to stay competitive. If I'm Gore I'd rather retire than sit on the bench, cause its charity and demeaning, not loyalty. Loyalty is letting me continue as starter.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gore was a class act, always came to work and played hard. Put his head down and just did what was asked. I hope he comes back to the organization in some sort of mentorship role after he retires. He can teach alot to young RBs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, but for me 'writing on the wall' is the reverse of this season. Hyde will get the amount of carries Gore got; Gore will get the amount of carries Hyde got. Without looking it up, guessing its closer to 80/20?

If we factor in Hunter, then I'd say 75/15/10.

Loyalty is nice but its not the way to stay competitive. If I'm Gore I'd rather retire than sit on the bench, cause its charity and demeaning, not loyalty. Loyalty is letting me continue as starter.

Yeah but he wants that championship. Nothing wrong being a productive back up. Most teams use 2 RBs any ways. Yes for got about Hunter. He would get some as change of pace back. I guess we just have to wait and see.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore is one of my fav 49ers of all time. I want that championship for him and this team.