• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was that Gore's last game in a 49er uniform?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I just don't see New England investing money in aging QB unless it is for low contract amount. I could also see the 49ers possibly bringing him back at that kind of money. Others have said that he would not accept a backup role, but he may not have a choice at this point regardless of where he ends up.

Maybe not, but I think some teams will be interested in him. He can still be productive. I just don't think he will win a ring with the Niners. Defense will be strong again next year, but the offense needs a lot of work. When you're rank #24 in the league, you need a lot of help.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our cap issues I don't see how we can possibly pay Gore 4 mill. That could easily mean the difference between keeping one of our guys or not. You just don't pay 4 mill for a guy to be a backup. Especially when that backup is gonna make 10 times what Carlos Hyde the starter makes.

You have to figure out whether we're gonna keep Iupati, Crab, and Lloyd on offense and Aldon, Cox, Culliver, Ian Williams on defense. This doesn't even consider the guys on that you may sign to extensions or cut like Ahmad Brooks, Boone, and Vernon Davis.

I love Frank Gore and if we could afford to keep him I would, but everything says we cant.

Aldon and Williams both have 1 year left in their contract. Aldon is due to make 9.75 million next year and Williams 1.58 million. I agree we need to bring Cox back he only made 700K this year while Culliver made 1.58 million. Think we should offer Cox more money with how he played this year and the offer to Culliver needs to go down. Right now we would only be 5 million under the 2015 salary unless they raised it more. I would look to get rid of Brooks who is due 9.64 million. I actually like Lynch on the field more than Brooks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Gore, but he just doesn't have the burst anymore. I think Hyde is the starter next year and Hunter will be the backup. Draft another RB for depth. I think Gore will test free agency and see what teams are interested. I really want him to win a ring and staying with the Niners will NOT accomplish that. Niners will contend for the playoffs albeit a wildcard, but not as division champs. The Seahawks truly rule the West.

I don't agree with this. Arizona could still possibly win the division this year. This year the Hawks had a few injuries but nothing like SF or Arizona. Next year the tables could turn, you never know. I wouldn't count Arizona out or even the Rams next year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not, but I think some teams will be interested in him. He can still be productive. I just don't think he will win a ring with the Niners. Defense will be strong again next year, but the offense needs a lot of work. When you're rank #24 in the league, you need a lot of help.

I agree the offense needs work, but it is not the end of the world. If we were having to go from #24 to top #10, then that would be a big problem. But with this D, the offense only needs to be average. Last year we were one play away from the Super Bowl. It will take a combination of getting healthy on the OLine and making some minor changes. Getting Kaepernick straightened out. The big question mark for me is going to be getting a new head coach next year and what that head coach is going to try and accomplish.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with this. Arizona could still possibly win the division this year. This year the Hawks had a few injuries but nothing like SF or Arizona. Next year the tables could turn, you never know. I wouldn't count Arizona out or even the Rams next year.

I don't think the Cardinals will beat the Seahawks with a 3rd string QB. Their defense is stout, but not having Ellington hurts. The Seahawks will win the division due to sweeping the Cards this season. The Seahawks could have devastating injuries next season, but as of now they will be favored to win the division next season. That defense is just so physical and fast. The Rams are up and coming and if they win their last two and the Niners lose the next two, Niners are cellar dwellers. I just think the Seahawks the top dog in the division.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the offense needs work, but it is not the end of the world. If we were having to go from #24 to top #10, then that would be a big problem. But with this D, the offense only needs to be average. Last year we were one play away from the Super Bowl. It will take a combination of getting healthy on the OLine and making some minor changes. Getting Kaepernick straightened out. The big question mark for me is going to be getting a new head coach next year and what that head coach is going to try and accomplish.

Of course it's not the end of the world. But it's hard to keep asking the defense to step up almost every game. At some point, the offense need to improve. I don't think the Niners can beat the Packers with an average offense. The Niners need help at WR and at TE. OL need to get healthy and play better as a unit. I think VD is done. It is obvious that with a new head coach, there will be an adjustment period.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Cardinals will beat the Seahawks with a 3rd string QB. Their defense is stout, but not having Ellington hurts. The Seahawks will win the division due to sweeping the Cards this season. The Seahawks could have devastating injuries next season, but as of now they will be favored to win the division next season. That defense is just so physical and fast. The Rams are up and coming and if they win their last two and the Niners lose the next two, Niners are cellar dwellers. I just think the Seahawks the top dog in the division.

I agree. This year is going to be tough for Arizona with the injuries and lack of QB. i think the Arizona D is right up there too. I really believe this division will be up for graps going into the future and the difference will come down to injuries and who is relatively healthy coming down the stretch as it was this year. Too early for me to favor anyone for next season. Too much can happen between now and then.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's not the end of the world. But it's hard to keep asking the defense to step up almost every game. At some point, the offense need to improve. I don't think the Niners can beat the Packers with an average offense. The Niners need help at WR and at TE. OL need to get healthy and play better as a unit. I think VD is done. It is obvious that with a new head coach, there will be an adjustment period.

That is true. Obviously, the offense right now is not good enough. From what I've read, even management is aware of it and are demanding changes. I am not sure VD is done. I have read a recent report that he has been having knee and back issues this year. They appear to be the kind of nagging injuries that don't make the injury report but affect his play on the field. His drop off has been so dramatic this year. I find it hard to believe it is just due to age or that he is dogging it.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. Obviously, the offense right now is not good enough. From what I've read, even management is aware of it and are demanding changes. I am not sure VD is done. I have read a recent report that he has been having knee and back issues this year. They appear to be the kind of nagging injuries that don't make the injury report but affect his play on the field. His drop off has been so dramatic this year. I find it hard to believe it is just due to age or that he is dogging it.

It's hard to believe the drop off of VD's production this year. Niners didn't get any production from the TE position which was one of their strengths. It's a shame that McDonald was injured most of the season. He's developed into a very good blocker and I would like to see if he can improve on his route running and catch more balls next season. It would have been better if Davis would have gone on the IR. It could have given Bruce Miller more needed snaps. Carrier has also been injured most of the season. Maybe the Niners can draft a pass catching TE in the mid to latter rounds.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see Gore getting much more than the league minimum to be honest.

I predict 49ers will bring him back for the league minimum.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Gore getting much more than the league minimum to be honest.

I predict 49ers will bring him back for the league minimum.

I believe the 2015 league minimum for a player with his years of NFL experience is $970K. If he re-signs with the Niners, I imagine he will get more than the minimum just out of respect. It also seems unquestioned that he is a good teammate who is a good influence on younger players. I have not done the research on the contracts that running backs of his age and stature have signed in the past, so I won't venture to guess right now the amount, length and guaranteed money that Gore can expect; however, I do think it will be more than the minimum. Any guesses/predictions out there? If so, what is your guess/prediction based on?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to Gore, he's had a helluva career... But the only time I want to see him is when I'm playing NCAA Football 2004 on my Ps2 or original Xbox using Miami ... I"m ok with that...

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gore will stay in SF. He'll even offer a discount.