• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was It Right To Postpone The NBA Game Between The Two Teams In Los Angeles?

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They live to see another game.

This is not brain surgery.

I have had concert tickets, out of state, and the artist cancelled the day of the concert.

Guess what?

I got the choice of a refund or tickets to the reschedule date.

Plus, you know, I lived.

The odds of a musical artist canceling has got to be at least 1000x higher than a January pro basketball game cancellation. I don't know who has tickets but I would imagine more were coming from out of town than if this had been a game in Chicago if, let's say MJ died 15 years ago.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ This "new poster" is gonna be spamming the forum in short order.
Short order?

How you gonna have 6 posts and all 6 are threads started?

* flush *

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devil's advocate...

Have you ever been to a Lakers vs. Clippers game?

I have, on 5 occasions.

Do you know what it's like walking to your car after the game?

Terrifying enough that I don't take my children.

Most of those games were during the time that the Clippers sucked.

Now, add in the sadness, depression of losing their favorite deity...

What would happen if the Clippers won again?

Hopefully nothing. But, why chance it?

The bigger issue is the people who work in that building who have loved this guy and had a 20 year relationship with him.

They should just suck it up and go back to work?

Nah.

People over basketball.

I guarantee you that this game would have been the highest rated game in this decade, had they played.

Can't get more dramatic then that.

They cancelled because it was the right thing to dom

No, society puts upper echelon celebrities on too much of a pedestal. If people had a healthier perspective on their idols it would not be something we perceive as that overwhelming.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how angry you get when I make fun of your Lakers. That's what your real issue is. You take any jokes about your team personal. Which is hilarious.
You have that right to look and sound ignorant, lol. I couldn't help thinking though how quickly you came to Lebronjames23 like a lover(and natural for twink). i said to myself I bet hes the bottom unless the two of you like to flip and fuck each other

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have that right to look and sound ignorant, lol. I couldn't help thinking though how quickly you came to Lebronjames23 like a lover(and natural for twink). i said to myself I bet hes the bottom unless the two of you like to flip and fuck each other

You're the one with the gay thoughts. Don't worry though. I won't judge you because you like men.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one with the gay thoughts. Don't worry though. I won't judge you because you like men.
Now you sound like a triggered twink trying to cover his identity:lol:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds of a musical artist canceling has got to be at least 1000x higher than a January pro basketball game cancellation. I don't know who has tickets but I would imagine more were coming from out of town than if this had been a game in Chicago if, let's say MJ died 15 years ago.

On a Tuesday?

It was a Lakers home game and the 3rd time they faced each other.

So, most Season ticket holders would likely attend or resale to the wealthy folks that are willing to pay 10 times the ticket value.

But, the point is moot. Shit happens.

People will get over it or they won't.

The Lakers don't have a shortage of fans willing to fill those seats if they choose not to go to the reschedule date.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, society puts upper echelon celebrities on too much of a pedestal. If people had a healthier perspective on their idols it would not be something we perceive as that overwhelming.
I can agree with that.

Still, heightened emotions can lead to tragedy.

Logical and emotional can't coexist in the same space sometimes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you sound like a triggered twink trying to cover his identity:lol:

Who's triggered? I'd say it's you. Remember you're the one that cries like a little bitch over any Lakers jokes. Yet other Lakers fans don't take what I say about them as a personal insult like you do.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about Kobe'd out. All these alligator tears by these reporters and players who barely knew him. You'd think they lost a family member.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he universally disliked by most players in the league because he was an asshole on the court? Respected for his play, yes, but certainly not liked.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with game being cancelled. Both teams knew Kobe well and it would have been very difficult for them to play. Not to mention all the people there mourning Kobe

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right move for sure. I'm surprised more games didn't get postponed.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 8 people who lost their lives jack ass. It wasnt just about Kobe Bryant. It was out of respect for all of the families of these victims in the entire community. It was one fucking game at a time that no one was ready to play. All of those fans will be reimbursed and given tickets to another game. Not one fucking person in the community has complained except for you trolls in here that are looking for something to bitch about. Now take your diaper off, wash up and put a clean one on and get over it already, .Sheesh....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about Kobe'd out. All these alligator tears by these reporters and players who barely knew him. You'd think they lost a family member.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he universally disliked by most players in the league because he was an asshole on the court? Respected for his play, yes, but certainly not liked.
Yes you are wrong and no he wasnt universally disliked. There has been a reaction of sorrow and dismay from all over the world

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you tired of Kobe talk, get off the sports message boards and find something else to do. No one is forcing you to listen

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are wrong and no he wasnt universally disliked. There has been a reaction of sorrow and dismay from all over the world
I'm right and I nearly vomited when on Get Up this morning the ridiculous blonde chick went from giggly talking about Mahomes to this look of a rich little girl who didn't get a pony for Christmas look when she started talking about Bryant.
Bryant was universally despised by the other players.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you tired of Kobe talk, get off the sports message boards and find something else to do. No one is forcing you to listen
I change the channel every time they try to bring up Bryant in the middle of another topic. Then I switch it back when they are done. Its simple. Its the phony broken heartedness that gets me.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I change the channel every time they try to bring up Bryant in the middle of another topic. Then I switch it back when they are done. Its simple. Its the phony broken heartedness that gets me.
I don't think it's phony for the most part although the news media is known for sensationalizing the news. I think it's important to realize that this accident really was a horrific one and a really violent death for 8 people that hit home and reminded all of us how fragile life an be. There is a healing process that goes with discussing this, but there is also a time when one has to force himself or herself to stop talking about it, to stop being focused on it and move forward

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right and I nearly vomited when on Get Up this morning the ridiculous blonde chick went from giggly talking about Mahomes to this look of a rich little girl who didn't get a pony for Christmas look when she started talking about Bryant.
Bryant was universally despised by the other players.
There are a few that disliked Kobe - but he was universally loved all over the world and I think you will find that many of them who disliked Kobe were horrified to see even someone they hated - die in such a violent way