• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors-Spurs Prediction

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing more difficult than winning a championship in the NBA, is repeating as champions. However, almost as difficult, is maintaining the level of excellence that the Spurs have over the past 20 years or so. If they win the title this season, the Spurs will have their 6th championship in 20 years. That is dynasty level stuff. The fact that they will have won that many championships over that period of time without repeating is actually pretty amazing because of the level of excellence they have had to maintain.

As I said, it may help the Warriors confidence a little, but it doesn't mean a thing to the Spurs. They will be just as confident as they would be if they had swept the regular season series from the Warriors.

Look at the Lakers over that same period of time. Sure, they have the same number of titles that the Spurs currently have and have both a 3-peat and back to back on their resume', but I'd say that over that 20 year period, the Spurs have been the more consistent team as far as always being in the playoff/title mix and doing it with many of the same core players.

I hear ya. But what's funny is I see this situation exactly how you would see the Warriors if they break the record but don't win a title.

IMO saying the Spurs have been excellent for 20 years but only have won 5 titles is a moral victory. I feel like they've had ample opportunity (since they've been in the playoffs every season & in most cases gone deep in the post season) but just couldn't finish the journey- as you previously stated.

In my opinion a dynasty is a team that is consistently dominant- or a team that wins back to back, three peats, so on. The fact that the Spurs have gotten close most seasons isn't enough since a handful of other teams can say the same thing. I think the other interesting thing that is less often discussed is that they've able to get to the playoffs, hold a top seed in most cases but not able to defend their title in any of the 5 seasons they won. I often wonder why that has been the case.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta admit that it almost always works

You're like the reverse Wiggy for the Warriors.

Randy Quaid from Major League is even telling you to tone it down.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sixth seed in the West = a d- league team and the Warriors weren't coasting for most of the game knowing they have the biggest game of the year tonight? Got it. Sure signs of a Spur blow out.
Check out who they have left on the roster. No Gasol, no Conley etc.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Half way through the second quarter were you seeing a Warrior victory? I'm surprised they played that well down the stretch considering they got into town at 2:30 in the morning. That was a war under the boards.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand and agree with the historical significance. But it still doesn't matter as to what will happen in a 7 game playoff series.

Look at this way: How important and/or historically significant is that record if the Warriors don't win the championship?

Do you think Patriots and their fans would rather have the 16-0 season or the Super Bowl trophy they didn't get that season?

OH no doubt... If the Warriors don't win it all it won't cap it off for them... Still historically awesome BUT Bulls would have the bragging rights as the best season ever if the Warriors fall short even if they win 73 ... But if the Warriors do win it all, and also beat the regular season record, that's a feather in their cap ...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Boris Diaw presents a big problem, and the Aldridge hand injury is still taped up.
Boris Diaw was reason #1B that SA won that last game in Texas to Aldridge #1A.

If Aldridge can play at 90%, I guess the Spurs will eke out a close one.....maybe a coinflip.
I would feel a lot better if Diaw was starting.

He was the wildcard last time they played in SA as the surprise starter.
Actually reason number one was no Iguodala, no Bogut and no Ezili, followed closely by the Dubs being on the second night of a back-to-back on the road.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But even in that one game where they all played, the Spurs still put up shitty offensive numbers. They basically got lucky because Klay and Steph could not throw it in the pacific ocean. The Warriors were also without Iggy in that game
And they didn't have Bogut, Iguodala and Ezili.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH no doubt... If the Warriors don't win it all it won't cap it off for them... Still historically awesome BUT Bulls would have the bragging rights as the best season ever if the Warriors fall short even if they win 73 ... But if the Warriors do win it all, and also beat the regular season record, that's a feather in their cap ...

Agree and in my opinion it would put the Warriors solidly in the greatest team convo. Probably at the expense of the 69-13 Lakers, as much as I hate saying that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and in my opinion it would put the Warriors solidly in the greatest team convo. Probably at the expense of the 69-13 Lakers, as much as I hate saying that.

87 Lakers were my favorite team to watch, I'm a Sonics fan to the core, but that Lakers team in 87 played such good team ball... I think that 87 Lakers team would have a good chance to beat any team in history in a 7 game series... honestly....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
87 Lakers were my favorite team to watch, I'm a Sonics fan to the core, but that Lakers team in 87 played such good team ball... I think that 87 Lakers team would have a good chance to beat any team in history in a 7 game series... honestly....

True. I was talking more about teams that have held the all-time regular season wins record. I should have stated it as greatest season of all time rather than greatest team of all-time. The '87 Lakers had 3 Hall of Famers and a pretty ridiculous roster overall. That's tough to beat.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I was talking more about teams that have held the all-time regular season wins record. I should have stated it as greatest season of all time rather than greatest team of all-time.

Ah gotcha...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't know this cat...he's an anti-fan. He hates the teams he follows. He rags on their every little issue and invents some when there's nothing to rag on. He always claims doom and then pretends he does it to reverse jinx them to a win....of course if they lose he then crows about how he predicted it. He's a loathsome 'fan' and that's why he's banned from the SportsHoopla Giants board.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't stand those Hollywood bitches. Especially Worthy and Johnson.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know this cat...he's an anti-fan. He hates the teams he follows. He rags on their every little issue and invents some when there's nothing to rag on. He always claims doom and then pretends he does it to reverse jinx them to a win....of course if they lose he then crows about how he predicted it. He's a loathsome 'fan' and that's why he's banned from the SportsHoopla Giants board.
Fuck off bitch. No one wants to hear your nonsense.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CitySushi, you will also learn that this sad old fucker who doesn't even like Magic Johnson is a last wrod freak, so he'll keep wanly swiping at me until I grow tired of owning him. Been doing it for years.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CitySushi, you will also learn that this sad old fucker who doesn't even like Magic Johnson is a last wrod freak, so he'll keep wanly swiping at me until I grow tired of owning him. Been doing it for years.
Oh my god, someone doesn't like Magic Johnson? How could that be?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because of all of those ass whippings they gave the Warriors. :heh:
Yep, that's a lot of it. But no self-respecting Warriors, Giants and 49ers fan can stomach the despicable Lakers, Dodgers and Rams.