• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors-Spurs Prediction

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sudden link. I know it sucks but it's cheap and I can usually watch anything I'm interested in. I'm shocked today's game wasn't on abc

Gotta do what you gotta do. No judgement here but yeah its kind of weird that 2 of the Spurs/Warriors game were just NBATV games. I bet next year all 3 or 4 games will all be on TNT/ESPN/ABC.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ha
That's a hell of a cable package. I get BYU TV and like 5 Spanish channels. I'm lucky I even get pac12 networks.

I have Time Warner. I used to have Verizon Fios, but got tired of waiting for them to get the PAC-12 Network and the Dodgers channel (after the salesman told me they were getting them). It's a great deal, I have all of the channels I want, faster internet and am paying about $60 a month less than I was with Verizon.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching last night's performance in which the Warriors flailed pitifully for 47 minutes against what is, at this point, basically a D League team, I expect the Spurs to dominate the Warriors at home.

Nailed it, as you always do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta do what you gotta do. No judgement here but yeah its kind of weird that 2 of the Spurs/Warriors game were just NBATV games. I bet next year all 3 or 4 games will all be on TNT/ESPN/ABC.

To be fair, this was impossible to predict. Pop never takes these games seriously and although it was easy to pick them as a top 2 West playoff opponent, I don't think anybody thought they would win 65+ this year.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, gotta go with a :L on that one.
Well we're entitled to have different opinions. TD didn't make a difference in the games he did play in- so IMO it doesn't matter to the Warriors if he plays or not. They're not changing their game strategy in either scenario.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we're entitled to have different opinions. TD didn't make a difference in the games he did play in- so IMO it doesn't matter to the Warriors if he plays or not. They're not changing their game strategy in either scenario.

I expect that come playoff time, his experience and smarts will have him effecting the series. Plus, he doesn't get the points, etc. that he used to. But when it comes to moving the ball, playing good team defense, hitting the occasional big shot, etc. he's still effective.

If they meet in the playoffs, win or lose, I expect the Warriors will remember who he is.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect that come playoff time, his experience and smarts will have him effecting the series. Plus, he doesn't get the points, etc. that he used to. But when it comes to moving the ball, playing good team defense, hitting the occasional big shot, etc. he's still effective.

If they meet in the playoffs, win or lose, I expect the Warriors will remember who he is.
I'm not saying he can't play and on most nights have an impact-only that his impact isn't the same against the Warriors. As I mentioned in my last post-the past 3 games they've played have proven that (not even including their first meeting when they lost terribly). Their offense is so good that he doesn't affect them in terms of making them change their shots & he certainly can't guard their guards on the perimeter-which is what defenses need to be able to do against them to be successful.

After their loss in the Bay I doubt it was a coincidence TD was "resting" tonight. It will be even worse if the Warriors make the Spurs play at their pace. IMO LA has a bigger impact for them than TD. He's younger and can keep up on both ends of the court. If they meet up in the WC I think they have an even less chance since they'll have to win 4 of 7 with very limited rest between games-and travel in between.

And to your final point- of course they will remember TD. He's been the best PF in his era without a doubt. Very hard to forget a guy like that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an absolutely incredible victory for the Warriors.... Spurs did not want them tying the all time season mark in their building... Spurs hadn't lost at home all year and the last time the Warriors beat them there was 1997... Odds were in the Spurs favor... Effin incredible victory, heart pure heart....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned in my last post-the past 3 games they've played have proven that (not even including their first meeting when they lost terribly).

Those games mean nothing in the playoffs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Spurs/Warriors series will truly be a toss up. At no point were both teams completely healthy. The Spurs missed some wide open 3's and were playing without Diaw and Duncan - that's significant. The one time the Spurs won this season against the Dubs - Fezeli, Bogut, and Iguodala weren't playing. As has been mentioned ad nauseam, you can't take what happened in these meetings during the regular season at face value.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he can't play and on most nights have an impact-only that his impact isn't the same against the Warriors. As I mentioned in my last post-the past 3 games they've played have proven that (not even including their first meeting when they lost terribly). Their offense is so good that he doesn't affect them in terms of making them change their shots & he certainly can't guard their guards on the perimeter-which is what defenses need to be able to do against them to be successful.

After their loss in the Bay I doubt it was a coincidence TD was "resting" tonight. It will be even worse if the Warriors make the Spurs play at their pace. IMO LA has a bigger impact for them than TD. He's younger and can keep up on both ends of the court. If they meet up in the WC I think they have an even less chance since they'll have to win 4 of 7 with very limited rest between games-and travel in between.

And to your final point- of course they will remember TD. He's been the best PF in his era without a doubt. Very hard to forget a guy like that.

There's actually more rest between games in a playoffs series. There is always a day off between games and usually there is at least 2 days off between at least 1 of the games and sometimes 2 games

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the Heat and Spurs played their back to back finals, they played each other 4 times in the regular season. The Heat won 3 of those games and I believe maybe one of them was a close game.

Yet, when they met in the finals, the Heat barely escaped with a title in the first series and were completely dominated in the 2nd. Some Heat fans were saying many of the same things you have about the Spurs matching up with the Heat before both series.

I'm not saying the Warriors can't or won't beat them. I'm just saying that anyone who thinks that the Warriors are just going to run over the Spurs and that Duncan won't effect the series may find themselves very disappointed when the series is over.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Heat and Spurs played their back to back finals, they played each other 4 times in the regular season. The Heat won 3 of those games and I believe maybe one of them was a close game.

Yet, when they met in the finals, the Heat barely escaped with a title in the first series and were completely dominated in the 2nd. Some Heat fans were saying many of the same things you have about the Spurs matching up with the Heat before both series.

I'm not saying the Warriors can't or won't beat them. I'm just saying that anyone who thinks that the Warriors are just going to run over the Spurs and that Duncan won't effect the series may find themselves very disappointed when the series is over.

EZ win for the warriors

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in all seriousness what a game! Dubs played well on defense on a back to back and Steph played great last night. What a gutty win.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot take:

Boris Diaw is more critical to the Spurs winning against the Warriors than Tim Duncan.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has historical significance though... We all know the playoffs are the most important, but every year a champion is crowned, it's not every year a team wins 72 games... 2nd time EVER! I hope they get 73...