• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors: calling the haters and lovers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risking a flaming but I don't care.

Lotta smart posters here, plus Wiggy, so I wanted to ask the board:

Should the Ws stand pat this summer with Wiggins as their wing player, use their picks to trade for a center? Use them in the draft? Trade Wiggins and picks for an even better wing (is anyone available)? Trade them for bench depth?

I'd be curious to hear what y'all would do if GM of the Ws. I'll give my ideas as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trading the pick is not a horrible idea.

Guys always emerge, but overall this draft looks extremely weak. I mean- Ball is projected at #2 which is pretty sad. Anthony Edwards at #1 and there are plenty question marks about him.

landing a top 3 pick this year carries the least value it has carried in a long time- probably since the abhorrent Anthony Bennett draft.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guys always emerge, but overall this draft looks extremely weak. I mean- Ball is projected at #2 which is pretty sad. Anthony Edwards at #1 and there are plenty question marks about him.

landing a top 3 pick this year carries the least value it has carried in a long time- probably since the abhorrent Anthony Bennett draft.
So trade for who? Package with Wiggins?

I know trading the pickS might be the move but I was looking for specifics on what you guys would do.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins and the Pick to the Cavs for Love and Drummond ;)
Walked right into that one. Although Drummond would be interesting...Love is of course worthless for a contender at his age. Maybe the pick and Chriss for Drummond? Not sure how the money would work though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walked right into that one. Although Drummond would be interesting...Love is of course worthless for a contender at his age. Maybe the pick and Chriss for Drummond? Not sure how the money would work though.
Cavs would be under the cap so only need to worry about the money on your end. Drummond probably around $29 mil I believe.

Have to think this is a no-brainer for the Cavs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for what to do outside this deal? So hard to know without knowing how much GS values the potential draftees and where they fall in the lottery....and of course what they could get for the pick and/or Wiggins

Kind of agree with what Wiggy said about the draft but who knows? At this point before the 2018 draft I think most still had Bagley and Porter as locks as stud 1 and 2 picks. Might be wrong, as maybe that was only before the CBB season got under way. Point is someone could emerge by draft day.

I'd be open to any option if I'm GS, but idea of a stud rookie on a rookie deal doesn't sound like a bad option.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs would be under the cap so only need to worry about the money on your end. Drummond probably around $29 mil I believe.

Have to think this is a no-brainer for the Cavs.
Yes I know the money works for the Cavs LOL

But don't the Ws have to send back similar salary?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors can package the Wiggins, the 2020 pick and the 2021 Wolves pick for a superstar player they should do it immediately. The problem is going to try to find out who is available. The Warriors should always be looking at upgrades. I would say the only two untouchables right now would be Steph and Klay. After that you have to consider any trade that would upgrade the roster immediately.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a line-up of:
  • Steph
  • Thompson
  • Wiggins
  • Green
  • {insert random center who hopefully can shoot a little and defend a little}
is pretty dang good and (if I were a Warriors fan) I would be kinda psyched to see such a thing in action next year.

So, IOW, the Warriors don't really "need" to do anything. Nor should they necessarily. Maybe keep that pick and develop a young guy just cause. A rookie contract is a $$$ saver, too.

Of course, if a great deal pops open somehow.... sure, pull the trigger on that. But that's always true.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know the money works for the Cavs LOL

But don't the Ws have to send back similar salary?
Wasn't sure if you made sure you knew were the Cavs were as far as the cap.

Yep. Maybe within 85% of Drummond's salary? also wonder if maybe there are rules as to when he can be dealt if he picks up the option.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is, the whole league knows this. That pick is losing value by the week, seemingly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a line-up of:
  • Steph
  • Thompson
  • Wiggins
  • Green
  • {insert random center who hopefully can shoot a little and defend a little}
is pretty dang good and (if I were a Warriors fan) I would be kinda psyched to see such a thing in action next year.

So, IOW, the Warriors don't really "need" to do anything. Nor should they necessarily. Maybe keep that pick and develop a young guy just cause. A rookie contract is a $$$ saver, too.

Of course, if a great deal pops open somehow.... sure, pull the trigger on that. But that's always true.

Yep, that's how I would assume they would approach the offseason. They don't need a dominant center, just a defender with some range if possible. There could be some options available (heck, the Lakers have already cut loose Cousins, and McGee/Howard could both be free agents). Noel, Baynes, O'Quinn, Maker, RLopez, Kanter could all be available at reasonable rates.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors can package the Wiggins, the 2020 pick and the 2021 Wolves pick for a superstar player they should do it immediately. The problem is going to try to find out who is available. The Warriors should always be looking at upgrades. I would say the only two untouchables right now would be Steph and Klay. After that you have to consider any trade that would upgrade the roster immediately.
Sure I agree. I was just hoping for some specific, realistic trades. We're not getting Giannis for that and we wouldn't want Beal. Butler would be great but I doubt available. Any stud wings or centers we could realistically get? If not probably we go with Gman's route.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risking a flaming but I don't care.

Lotta smart posters here, plus Wiggy, so I wanted to ask the board:

Should the Ws stand pat this summer with Wiggins as their wing player, use their picks to trade for a center? Use them in the draft? Trade Wiggins and picks for an even better wing (is anyone available)? Trade them for bench depth?

I'd be curious to hear what y'all would do if GM of the Ws. I'll give my ideas as well.

Rumor: Warriors got 1st, Andrew Wiggins for Giannis Antetokounmpo trade

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I agree. I was just hoping for some specific, realistic trades. We're not getting Giannis for that and we wouldn't want Beal. Butler would be great but I doubt available. Any stud wings or centers we could realistically get? If not probably we go with Gman's route.

Depends really on how this post-season plays out. Underachieving teams will be under the microscope and teams might be looking to shake things up. Or teams on the bubble who are on their last legs may want to shake things up and start over. It's tough to say right now.

If the Bucks win the title, Giannis stays with them and signs a super max. If they get bounced in the 2nd round, well now that gets interesting. Same with the 76ers, with regards to Embiid and Simmons. Bradley Beal is always a name that's been floated out there.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends really on how this post-season plays out. Underachieving teams will be under the microscope and teams might be looking to shake things up. Or teams on the bubble who are on their last legs may want to shake things up and start over. It's tough to say right now.

If the Bucks win the title, Giannis stays with them and signs a super max. If they get bounced in the 2nd round, well now that gets interesting. Same with the 76ers, with regards to Embiid and Simmons. Bradley Beal is always a name that's been floated out there.
I mentioned Beal he doesn't fit.

The others indeed might be in play depending on how things go. Simmons would be awesome, as would Embiid.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh, I'm a Philly fan.
This kind of story is in our friggin' DNA.....
We're coming for Embiid though. Would you take Wiggins and the two picks and Chriss for him?