• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warren Sapp...What a jackass

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear the story on Warren Sapp not tipping a waitress on a 36 dollar tab. I guess he went somewhere to watch the soccer match and left nothing for a tip. He said the waitress called him and his friend boys when asking..."What can I get you boys to drink" in a friendly way. Sapp took exception and played the race card saying he was not a boy and wrote it on the bill. He's right he is not a boy....he is a jackass. Waiters work hard and I worked serving food to people. I have met some real nice people who are cool but every so often here comes a jackass and tries to ruin your day. Tips mean a lot to these people and when you stiff someone somewhere down the line that bad karma will bite them in the ass.

Munch....Munch Warren Sapp. :lame::bullshit:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
63 dollar tab, not 36.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hard to say, I'm sure Sapp can and will be an ass... But I have also had my fair share of dickhead waiters that give poor service and still think they are entitled to a large tip according to the bill total. Or bitchy waitresses who act like they would rather be anywhere else than waiting tables, yet still stick their hands out and expect you to fill it just because they are waitresses...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
63 dollar tab, not 36.

Oops, forgot to post my edit and ran out of time:

63 dollar tab, not 36.

I don't see how the number is relevant if she did the same amount of work for $36 order as $63, but I do understand why it is cited.

I posted this on the general board, but someone told me how lunch is 10% and dinner is 15%. That doesn't make sense to me. The waiters and waitresses still do the same amount of work for lunch and dinner. They still have to be nice. They still have to take your drink orders. They still have to ask what you'd like to eat. They still have to refill your drinks. They still have to come by every so often. So I don't understand why some people think that lunch is tipped differently than dinner. If one thinks that dinner is more busy and thus harder to do, and thus should be tipped more, I think that is taken care of because dinner is more expensive and has dessert.

I wish two things happened; I wish that the restaurant owners had to pay the waitresses and waiters a good and normal wage and that everybody would notice and would be able to lower their tips. I think that if they paid more hourly and people still tipped the same, it could end up being too much. But if the restaurant was required to pay their waitpersons a good wage and the public knew this, and it was socially acceptable to give the lower tip because of it, it would be better. I understand that they might raise prices for the food items, but that would still be subject to the market.

My sister worked for a place where they gave all the tips to the managers son. The workers there accepted it because they were paid more than minimum wage. I went there, not realizing that that was the same place as my sister worked (not anymore at that point), I realized this when the bill came. At that point, I wrote on the tip spot "zero – the manager keeps the tip." I gave the waiter some money on the side.

I think you would be cool if they had to disclose what happened to tips. I would give more or less depending on whether they split the tips evenly (what's the point if it's even?) or specifically to the waiter tipped. Either way, I think it should go to the waiters and not to management. Regardless of what they say, of course they could lie, and I don't assume that the inspector would check this.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sapp is a complete tool. He filed bankruptcy just before he got elected into the hall of fame (probably knowing his appearance income would jump substantially once elected) and cited that he had "lost" both his national championship ring and superbowl ring. A couple months later you could see him on air on the NFLN wearing one of the two. He should've at the very least had his bankruptcy petition denied, and more appropriately done some time for defrauding the bankruptcy court.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sapp is a jackass. But I think the waitress should also be fired for letting this information leak to the media.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminder: This man was so far behind in child support that he was taken to court and sued. He had to declare bankruptcy - at which time he claimed he 'lost' his SB ring and national championship ring.

He's the same guy that used to skip through the other team while they were warming up and then play the victim when someone responded.

Same guy that said Michael Strahan didn't deserve to be in the HoF.

Don't expect anything from a pig but a grunt.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a broke asshole. He found his out and he took it. She can take solace in the fact that for all his accomplishments... he probably needed it more than she did.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give it 10 years and his Super Bowl Ring will be on Ebay.