• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What will the Packers be as a team in 2021 without Rodgers if he ends up getting traded or retires?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have gone to two straight NFC Championship Games. Some great players besides Rodgers on the roster. The first NFC Title Game run people were looking at Rodgers as this more game manager turned QB in old age and they attributed most of that team's success to their defense and team overall. Last year that team's success was mostly due to Rodgers MVP level of play.

So what would/will the Packers be without Rodgers this season? Are they a good team that with 2nd year QB getting his first real play or will the Packers be one of the worst teams in the league or somewhere in-between?

Their 2021 opponents are tough.

HOME:
Browns
Rams
Steelers
Seahawks
Redskins

AWAY:
Cardinals
Ravens
Bengals
Saints
49ers
Chiefs

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...Love, Cousins, Goff, & Dalton/Fields?
Tough call.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'd be a non playoff team.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jordan Love is going to surprise some people.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jordan Love is going to surprise some people.

Jordan Love was my third favorite quarterback in the 2019 NFL Draft. I think he's a great prospect. I fully expect the Packers to make it to the playoffs with him under center. More over, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the best quarterback out of the 1st round QBs.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t imagine that Love is going to take the NFL by storm. This was a QB who just 18 months ago was just a little more than a so-so QB in the Mountain West.

Love was the 4th QB taken last year so there wasn’t really a lot of talk of him other than the talk about him replacing Rodgers. As a prospect Love wasnt overly impressive.

Love flat out wasn’t an overly impressive college QB. He put up good but far from great stats against terrible competition. And when he did play against good competition he was not good for the most part....and sometimes he was flat out awful (15 for 30 for 130 yards with 0 TD’s and 3 INT’s against LSU for instance).

The reason Love was taken as early as he was is that he has an amazing arm. But he was as raw as any QB taken in the 1st round as we have seen in the last 20 years not named Tebow or Kaepernick. He is a guy that is likely going to need some time more than just sitting on the bench to adjust to the NFL game.

All this was another reason that Love wasn’t the backup QB on the Packers last year. A guy named Tim Boyle was.

If Rodgers forces the Packers hand and they don’t get a starting QB in return, it is hard to see them being competitive with Love under center. He is going to need some time and likely to struggle a touch early.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Love was my third favorite quarterback in the 2019 NFL Draft. I think he's a great prospect. I fully expect the Packers to make it to the playoffs with him under center. More over, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the best quarterback out of the 1st round QBs.

I can’t imagine that Love is going to take the NFL by storm. This was a QB who just 18 months ago was just a little more than a so-so QB in the Mountain West.

Love was the 4th QB taken last year so there wasn’t really a lot of talk of him other than the talk about him replacing Rodgers. As a prospect Love wasnt overly impressive.

Love flat out wasn’t an overly impressive college QB. He put up good but far from great stats against terrible competition. And when he did play against good competition he was not good for the most part....and sometimes he was flat out awful (15 for 30 for 130 yards with 0 TD’s and 3 INT’s against LSU for instance).

The reason Love was taken as early as he was is that he has an amazing arm. But he was as raw as any QB taken in the 1st round as we have seen in the last 20 years not named Tebow or Kaepernick. He is a guy that is likely going to need some time more than just sitting on the bench to adjust to the NFL game.

All this was another reason that Love wasn’t the backup QB on the Packers last year. A guy named Tim Boyle was.

If Rodgers forces the Packers hand and they don’t get a starting QB in return, it is hard to see them being competitive with Love under center. He is going to need some time and likely to struggle a touch early.
well. These takes are very similar.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Love is wildly inaccurate and too raw to lead that team. His only chance is sitting 3+ years. Rodgers has shown he's willing to work with the guy, so that's his only shot.

If Aaron leaves, Love will probably be ruined and the Packers for the first time in years will be mediocre/non-threat.

And I love the "Aaron Rodgers was a late first pick!" #1 - Jordan Love was a reach, #2 - Aaron Rodgers was a 1st overall talent... it was just between him and Smith and it just happened absolutely nobody drafting in between needed a QB. That was also an era when teams weren't drafting QBs like they are today and throwing them into the fire day 1 (due to massive salary cap savings).

Love has great arm strength and can scramble/is athletic. That's about all he has going for him. He has poor progression, poor field vision, and does NOT throw an accurate ball (short/middle/long). He's basically a more athletic Blake Bortles at the moment.

Last edited:
  • Facepalm
Reactions: DJ

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t imagine that Love is going to take the NFL by storm.
I strongly disagree with you. I think Love is going to be a pretty good starter in the NFL. Perhaps we look at different traits, but in my eyes, Love's passing skills are off the chart. When I evaluate QBs, I don't really pay too much attention to stats or level of competition. I look at how the quarterback reacts to pressure situations and their ability to make challenging throws. With Love, I see him consistently excelling in those situations.

The only real "flaw" with Love is that he went to Utah State, a good, not great Group of Five college football program. Much like with Josh Allen, people seem to be docking him for having mediocre material and having a depleted roster to work with. As I read over your post, I am seeing your criticism really directed at his team rather than the player himself. You mention the LSU game, which is a pretty bad example. LSU won 15 games in 2019 and had one of the most stacked rosters. Of course, Love is not going to succeed against LSU.

My 2020 rankings (for the 2019 season) was Burrow, Herbert, Love, and then Tua. There were five quarterbacks expected to go in the first round, and Love was one of those prospects.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he wildly inaccurate? I watched about 10 of his games. I didn't see that at all.

He barely had 60% completion against a bunch of shit teams in a shit conference and turns the ball over consistently.

I mean Josh Allen wasn't any better (in fact worse)... so who knows maybe it'll work out.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He barely had 60% completion against a bunch of shit teams in a shit conference and turns the ball over consistently.

I mean Josh Allen wasn't any better (in fact worse)... so who knows maybe it'll work out.
The MWC is not a garbage conference. It is one of the better Group of Five conferences.

In 2019, he throw 17 ints, but that was with a terrible defense (103rd worst defense), a depleted offense, new coaching staff. The 17 ints were not all his fault. On the offensive side of the ball, they were ranked 43rd and this was all on the shoulders of Love. He carried the team.

In 2018, he wad this record:

- 32 TD passes
- 6 Ints
- 14th best passer efficiency rating
- Team went 11-2, ranked, and won their bowl game.

As I have said before, the criticism seems to be directed toward his team rather than the player. I am only looking at the player itself rather than the system.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MWC is not a garbage conference. It is one of the better Group of Five conferences.

In 2019, he throw 17 ints, but that was with a terrible defense, a depleted offense, new coaching staff. The 17 ints were not all his fault.

In 2018, he was his record:

- 32 TD passes
- 6 Ints
- 14th best passer efficiency rating
- Team went 11-2, ranked, and won their bowl game.

As I have said before, the criticism seems to be directed toward his team rather than the player. I am only looking at the player itself rather than the system.

Hmm... you bring up SOME valid points...

NOW FETCH MY COFFEE!