• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wade: Lebron will never pass MJ

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only according to cavs fans

... and ESPN and Sports Illustrated and pretty much every other ranking that's come out since June.

In the end, of course, its just an opinion. You aren't alone in yours, of course... but pretending like only Cavs fans would rank LeBron ahead of Bird, Kobe, Hakeem, & Duncan is disingenuous.

At this point... ranking LeBron behind those guys puts you in the minority.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never pass a lot of guys, such as Bird, Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan, etc.

You can't jump ship twice to form super teams in the weakest conference in NBA history and expect to pass those types of players.

Even mentioning him in the same sentence as Jordan is an absolute disgrace.

I have to put Magic right behind Jordan. :hail: Bird is a tough one because he wasn't the most athletic guy on the floor but he could make up for it in so many ways. Talk about High IQ players..

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and ESPN and Sports Illustrated and pretty much every other ranking that's come out since June.

In the end, of course, its just an opinion. You aren't alone in yours, of course... but pretending like only Cavs fans would rank LeBron ahead of Bird, Kobe, Hakeem, & Duncan is disingenuous.

At this point... ranking LeBron behind those guys puts you in the minority.

Those lists are quite laughable. And biased. ESPN have been lebron homers for years.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having flashbacks to this part of the Finals thread after Game 4.

I had the audacity to suggest that even though the chances didn't look good... it wasn't impossible for the Cavs come back.

I was then repeatedly told that it was impossible. That I was crazy for thinking the Cavs had any chance of coming back.

Welp:D
Well had you said that they had a chance as long as GS helps out- then you could be claiming victory here. :D

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those lists are quite laughable. And biased. ESPN have been lebron homers for years.

When everyone else starts looking biased... you have to ask yourself if you might be the biased one. :D

Who knows... maybe my perception of the consensus is completely wrong. I honestly believe that a composite of every single NBA fan and player's top 10 list would look something close to this:

1. Jordan
2-3. Kareem & Magic
4-5. LeBron & Wilt
6-10 Pick 5 out of Larry, Oscar, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Russell, West

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well had you said that they had a chance as long as GS helps out- then you could be claiming victory here. :D

Nah, I'm claiming victory anway :D

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When everyone else starts looking biased... you have to ask yourself if you might be the biased one. :D

Who knows... maybe my perception of the consensus is completely wrong. I honestly believe that a composite of every single NBA fan and player's top 10 list would look something close to this:

1. Jordan
2-3. Kareem & Magic
4-5. LeBron & Wilt
6-10 Pick 5 out of Larry, Oscar, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Russell, West

I can dig most of that

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like not hitting a shot in the last 4 minutes of game 7?

#OnAplatter

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to put Magic right behind Jordan. :hail: Bird is a tough one because he wasn't the most athletic guy on the floor but he could make up for it in so many ways. Talk about High IQ players..

as in shoot the fuckin' lights out. trust me, i have ZERO love for the Celtics, but you simply can't ignore that kinda shooting...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as in shoot the fuckin' lights out. trust me, i have ZERO love for the Celtics, but you simply can't ignore that kinda shooting...

and scrap for loose balls, rebounds. Anticipate passes, anything really. The guy is a legend for good reason

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, I wouldn't call your list crazy or anything. Its reasonable enough and there are valid arguments for it... I just don't think it is the consensus anymore.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like not hitting a shot in the last 4 minutes of game 7?

#OnAplatter
Or even better- Dray not taking the bait in game 5 and GS winning that game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the Cleveland fans rally. Anyone outside Cleveland think even IF

IF

IF

Lebron gets to 7 rings he'll surpass MJ?

anyone outside of Cleveland think he'll get to 7 rings PERIOD? I said before he's NOT gonna play into his 40's...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone outside of Cleveland think he'll get to 7 rings PERIOD? I said before he's NOT gonna play into his 40's...

Maybe if he would have stayed in Cleveland and recruited from day 1. In this era of super teams, it's going to be tough to just repeat.

Problem is you have a few really good teams in the NBA and the rest is kinda shit. Bulls and Knicks have wanna-be super teams.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if he would have stayed in Cleveland and recruited from day 1. In this era of super teams, it's going to be tough to just repeat.

Problem is you have a few really good teams in the NBA and the rest is kinda shit. Bulls and Knicks have wanna-be super teams.
I find it interesting that when LBJ did change teams he stayed in the Eastern Conf. My guess is he wouldn't have made 7 straight Finals playing in the Western Conf.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that when LBJ did change teams he stayed in the Eastern Conf. My guess is he wouldn't have made 7 straight Finals playing in the Western Conf.

Interesting point. He's definitely owned the East and the West just has to grind it out every year. Once the Laker/Celtic dynasty died in the 80's, the East owned the league with the Pistons and Bulls. Then it shifted back to the West. East definitely hasn't been a powerhouse for a long time - i guess the Heat were something for 3-4 years. The whole league is top heavy now.

Since 1998, the West has 12 titles and the East has 6. Lebron has 3 rings in the last 6 years of going to the Finals. 50% is better than nothing, but it's not 100%

In the last 6 years, Lebron has faced the Raptors, Hawks, Pacers, Bulls and Celtics in the Eastern finals :wank:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that's actually what Wade said.

I know everyone here wants to focus on the part of the quote where Wade said its "not possible". But the very next words out of Wade's mouth were "The only thing you can do is tie it".

Wade was talking much more about Jordan than LeBron. He certainly wasn't citing LeBron's failures in the Finals as the reason that MJ is unpassable... like most on here do. It sounds to me like he believes no one can pass MJ.

Here's the full quote...

"Not its not possible. Its not possible. The only thing you can do is tie it. There's no 19th hole. I think last year -- not only in my eyes, but in a lot of people's eyes -- really put him ... he's on the 15th hole right now, and he's on his way, for sure. You can't go past it. How can you? That's as great as it gets, man. The only thing you can do, like I said, is be A-1, A-B. There's no way higher."

Wade was just being nice because they're friends. He knows Lebron ain't catching up to MJ.