• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wade: Lebron will never pass MJ

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron(much like Kobe), is just going to have to settle for being the greatest player that he can be, and not the one to pass Jordan

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can actually smell the irony coming from my monitor.

That's actually sex panther for homers you smell. You like bigfoot's dick?

Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron(much like Kobe), is just going to have to settle for being the greatest player that he can be, and not the one to pass Jordan

Don't tell the Cleveland fans this. There's a chance!!

:lol: :lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get one thing straight. Jordan had both the Celtics AND t
Don't tell the Cleveland fans this. There's a chance!!

:lol: :lol:

Doesn't matter what you tell cleveland fans. Lebron will always be the best there ever will be. :crazy:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the Cleveland fans rally. Anyone outside Cleveland think even IF

IF

IF

Lebron gets to 7 rings he'll surpass MJ?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's not so much how many championship's Jordan won, but how he won them. He had a 3 peat, retired for 2 years, came back and won 3 more in a row. What's really telling there is the only time another team legitimately had a shot to win a championship was when he wasn't playing. For me, the Bulls were so dominant with Jordan that it's entirely possibly for him to have run the table in championship until his REAL retirement in 1998.

That's why Jordan's legacy cannot really be challenged by Lebron. Lebron's dominance of the game is on a different level than Mike's. Again, and I can't reiterate this enough, it's not a knock on Lebron. Lebron is the most dominant player I've seen play the game from the start of his career till the end. I started watching basketball in 1990, so I missed Jordan's early years, but was able to watch him in his prime. I even went to all 3 of his retirement games against the Warriors, lol.

For me, it's Jordan, then Kareem, then it's debatable on the rest depending on your preference. If anyone wanted to list Lebron 3rd, I wouldn't argue it. I might not have the same, but I wouldn't argue against it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's not so much how many championship's Jordan won, but how he won them. He had a 3 peat, retired for 2 years, came back and won 3 more in a row. What's really telling there is the only time another team legitimately had a shot to win a championship was when he wasn't playing. For me, the Bulls were so dominant with Jordan that it's entirely possibly for him to have run the table in championship until his REAL retirement in 1998.

That's why Jordan's legacy cannot really be challenged by Lebron. Lebron's dominance of the game is on a different level than Mike's. Again, and I can't reiterate this enough, it's not a knock on Lebron. Lebron is the most dominant player I've seen play the game from the start of his career till the end. I started watching basketball in 1990, so I missed Jordan's early years, but was able to watch him in his prime. I even went to all 3 of his retirement games against the Warriors, lol.

For me, it's Jordan, then Kareem, then it's debatable on the rest depending on your preference. If anyone wanted to list Lebron 3rd, I wouldn't argue it. I might not have the same, but I wouldn't argue against it.

This is a great comment and I agree. Its not that Jordan was 6 - 0 in the Finals. Its that for 6 consecutive seasons (we'll let his loss to the Magic in 95 slide since he had barely un-retired).... Jordan was unbeatable. He won every title and no one else (including some great players and great teams) did.

That said... its not "impossible" (but it is improbablye for LeBron to have a similar run of his own. Suppose the Cavs won the next 3 titles and LeBron continued to be LeBron. You would be looking at 6 titles in 8 seasons (same as Jordan) and 9 straight Finals appearances. You might not like this as a Warriors fan... but in this scenario the 2015 Finals would be a lot like Jordan's 95 playoffs... easy to "let slide" in the middle of their run given the circumstances (Jordan's shortened season from playing baseball, injuries to Kyrie and Love).

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great comment and I agree. Its not that Jordan was 6 - 0 in the Finals. Its that for 6 consecutive seasons (we'll let his loss to the Magic in 95 slide since he had barely un-retired).... Jordan was unbeatable. He won every title and no one else (including some great players and great teams) did.

That said... its not "impossible" (but it is improbablye for LeBron to have a similar run of his own. Suppose the Cavs won the next 3 titles and LeBron continued to be LeBron. You would be looking at 6 titles in 8 seasons (same as Jordan) and 9 straight Finals appearances. You might not like this as a Warriors fan... but in this scenario the 2015 Finals would be a lot like Jordan's 95 playoffs... easy to "let slide" in the middle of their run given the circumstances (Jordan's shortened season from playing baseball, injuries to Kyrie and Love).

What I think helps Lebron's legacy is the fact that he's been in, what, 8 consecutive finals or something ridiculous like that. Even if he didn't win, him changing teams and still getting there shows how great of a player he truly is.

You shut your dirty mouth about Lebron winning over the Warriors.

JK, though for real, if Lebron and the Cavs say won even 2 more titles against the Warriors, assuming the Warriors are at full health and still have their core 4 (Steph, Klay, KD, Draymond), that's something serious to add to a resume.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is my approach right here. No matter what, everyone knew who was winning, particularly from 96-98 as Jordan was the catalyst and focal point on those title teams. That's what makes Jordan so good was that you had some really good Knicks and Heat teams, but you just knew that no one was getting past Jordan's Bulls. Same applies for the title - even when the Jazz had HCA and the better record in 98, you just knew that they weren't beating the Bulls.

Lebron, great great player. He's in my top 5. But there's never been a year where you took a step back, surveyed the NBA landscape, and said - "Yeah, no one's beating Lebron." Seems like we said that throughout the 90's as it concerned Jordan sans 94 and 95.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnnnnnd...

Jordan never had to put a super team together to get it done. Hell these super teams we are currently seeing can't even go back to back, much less 3 in a row. And don't tell me it's all the talent in the league. OKC choked. GS choked. How many buckets did we see in the last 4 minutes of game 7 in the Finals? 1? 2?

:L

Domination is the word for the day fellas. And we haven't seen it since the 90s. Just another reason why Jordan is the GOAT.

D
O
M
I
N
A
T
I
O
N

I'm sure it's hard for a few of you to understand, coming from Cleveland.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnnnnnd...

Jordan never had to put a super team together to get it done. Hell these super teams we are currently seeing can't even go back to back, much less 3 in a row. And don't tell me it's all the talent in the league. OKC choked. GS choked. How many buckets did we see in the last 4 minutes of game 7 in the Finals? 1? 2?

:L

Domination is the word for the day fellas. And we haven't seen it since the 90s. Just another reason why Jordan is the GOAT.

D
O
M
I
N
A
T
I
O
N

I'm sure it's hard for a few of you to understand, coming from Cleveland.

Especially when you consider the amount of superstar HOFers Jordan faced. From Magic, Kareem and Bird, to Shaq, Hakeem, Barkley, Malone and Payton.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when you consider the amount of superstar HOFers Jordan faced. From Magic, Kareem and Bird, to Shaq, Hakeem, Barkley, Malone and Payton.

Don't forget Craig Ehlo

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never pass a lot of guys, such as Bird, Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan, etc.

You can't jump ship twice to form super teams in the weakest conference in NBA history and expect to pass those types of players.

Even mentioning him in the same sentence as Jordan is an absolute disgrace.

Reactions: LAD