• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wade: Lebron will never pass MJ

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron passing MJ as GOAT is incredibly unlikely, but not impossible, IMO.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be more to it, though, or you wouldn't have found it to be newsworthy and thread-worthy, right?

The comment is more signifigant than if Jimmy Butler or Jeff Van Gundy or almost anyone else had said it... because of Wade's relationship to LeBron.

IMO that is the reason it's a good topic for debate.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha... I love how getting beat down by the Pistons for years is a plus for MJ, while beating down the Pistons for years is a blemish for LeBron.

I'm starting to see what you were talking about, @CitySushi. Nostalgia is not an easy thing to go up against.
I saw that comment to be a comparison to today's league with all of the defensive changes since MJ played.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan is the clear GOAT. You don't have to convince me of that.

And, no, I'm not comparing the Pistons. It doesn't matter how good you think the Bad Boy Pistons were or how bad you think Chauncey's Pistons were... its still silly to put Jordan's repeated early playoff exits in the positive column while putting LeBron's 2007 Finals loss in the negative column.
I don't think anyone puts those losing seasons against the Pistons in a "positive" column. I think it's more of a testament that MJ stayed with the Bulls despite losing so many times and worked through adversity to become a winner. In comparison- LBJ did the exact opposite.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron passing MJ as GOAT is incredibly unlikely, but not impossible, IMO.
What do you think he could accomplish before he retires that would surpass MJ? I am not being funny- would really like to hear your ideas.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think he could accomplish before he retires that would surpass MJ? I am not being funny- would really like to hear your ideas.

The next 3 championships with 3 or 4 signature playoff moments would sway A LOT of, if not most, people. Especially if the Warriors turn out to be as good as we think they will be with Durant.

Like I said... incredibly unlikely. But not impossible.

Keep in mind that in 4 or 5 seasons LeBron will very likely rank in the top 3 in most all-time playoff and regular season records. In terms of career statistical achievement... only Kareem will rival LeBron. Right now, LeBron's statistical dominance doesn't mean much, because he's only at 3 titles. If he hits 5 or 6 titles... his advantage in stats will start to mean a lot more.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next 3 championships with 3 or 4 signature playoff moments would sway A LOT of, if not most, people. Especially if the Warriors turn out to be as good as we think they will be with Durant.

Like I said... incredibly unlikely. But not impossible.

Keep in mind that in 4 or 5 seasons LeBron will very likely rank in the top 5 in most all-time playoff and regular season records. In terms of career statistical achievement... only Kareem will rival LeBron. Right now, LeBron's statistical dominance doesn't mean much, because he's only at 3 titles. If he hits 5 or 6 titles... his advantage in stats will start to mean a lot more.
Ehhh- I hear ya but I just can't get on board with LBJ winning 3 or even 2 more titles.

I will say this- it would take a major collapse on the part of GS if they meet up again and they lose. When I look back at last years Finals that series was all but wrapped up in 4 games- in favor of GS. I don't anticipate anything close to what happened to turn the tables happening again. Even with all of the events that took place, game 7 was still up for grabs until literally the last 30 seconds or so.

The only thing that would make me change my mind on GS being able to beat Cle in the Finals would be if they're plagued with injuries.

GS got tremendously better with bringing in KD- even with the bench players they lost. Reason being is now Kerr has 4 All-Star players to utilize throughout his line ups. Which means if he's smart he'll never have a unit on the floor without at least 2 core starters. That is versatility- and something I think will pay dividends.

But, on the flip side who have the Cavs added that will be a real difference maker for them?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having flashbacks to this part of the Finals thread after Game 4.

I had the audacity to suggest that even though the chances didn't look good... it wasn't impossible for the Cavs come back.

I was then repeatedly told that it was impossible. That I was crazy for thinking the Cavs had any chance of coming back.

Welp:D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is Lebron will never go undefeated in the Finals. Even if he wins 7, he's still not the GOAT. He hasn't hit the big shots Jordan hit. He didn't get beat down by the Pistons for years to get 6 rings either. In a much more physical league back then.

Seeing that MJ did this with such an "inferior cast" (i hear alot about how Scottie was overrated), don't come back with the Lebron had no talent around him.

And it's not MJ's fault he actually stayed with one team for the majority of his career either. Perhaps if Bron stays in Cleveland, he lures better players there and has a better record in the Finals.

6-0 in the Finals with 2 years in AA baseball hitting .194

Going undefeated in the Finals has nothing to do with the conversation for greatest player lol.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prove that Jordan used Peds, PCP, Cigga-weed and drank lean during games his entire career?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going undefeated in the Finals has nothing to do with the conversation for greatest player lol.

But, it's one of the many factors that establishes Mike as the GOAT.

I'm not a Bron hater.

I think he finishes top 5 all time.

But, @gordontrue is correct.

I, like many, have romanticized Jordan's career to the point that his shadow can never be eclipsed....

No matter what LEBron does.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th