• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wade: Lebron will never pass MJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not have chosen to go to Cleveland as a free agent. However, the opportunity to play with Lebron and have an all but guaranteed shot at the finals because of that, would likely have been very, very enticing. Especially with Lebron recruiting him. Having a truly legit shot at the finals and best player in the league wanting you on his team seems like a no brainer.

Yes and no. Ultimately, Love wasn't a free agent and therefore could only do so much to influence a trade himself. The only leverage he had would have been to tell the team trying to trade for him that he wouldn't re-sign with them.

However, you also can't underestimate Lebron's influence. Cleveland probably doesn't even attempt to trade for Love without Lebron demanding it and Love is unlikely to be willing to re-sign without Lebron recruiting him in the first place.

I agree 100% with all of this. No way they trade for Love without LeBron. I never disagreed with the fact that LeBron had tremendous influence in this trade. I disagreed with sJ's assertion that this trade proves LeBron could have recruited big free agents to Cleveland before he won rings.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% with all of this. No way they trade for Love without LeBron. I never disagreed with the fact that LeBron had tremendous influence in this trade. I disagreed with sJ's assertion that this trade proves LeBron could have recruited big free agents to Cleveland before he won rings.

Yeah, not sure if he could have recruited FA's to Cleveland or not. He had just recently established himself as the best player in the league, but who knew if it would stay that way. Maybe if he were a little more patient, he could have shown that he was going to be the best player for awhile and been able to recruit FA's.

On the other hand, he didn't know how to win championships either and who knew if he could learn that in Cleveland like he did in Miami?

Either way, we'll never know because he left.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not have chosen to go to Cleveland as a free agent. However, the opportunity to play with Lebron and have an all but guaranteed shot at the finals because of that, would likely have been very, very enticing. Especially with Lebron recruiting him. Having a truly legit shot at the finals and best player in the league wanting you on his team seems like a no brainer.

Does anyone have any reason he'd want to go to Cleveland or sign any sort of deal to stay there outside of Lebron?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have any reason he'd want to go to Cleveland or sign any sort of deal to stay there outside of Lebron?

:noidea:

I can't think of any.

It's why most believe that once Lebron retires or is no longer a guaranteed deep playoff run, any top players the Cavs have will leave asap and any other FA's won't sign there.

Plus, Wiggy's bloviating aside, Gilbert has shown that without Lebron holding a gun to his head, he's spending as little as possible.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Kobe or LBJ came close to MJ's level. Curry will have a chance to pass MJ with 4 more MVP's and 5 more championships.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Kobe or LBJ came close to MJ's level. Curry will have a chance to pass MJ with 4 more MVP's and 5 more championships.

Cmon man.

LeBron has a chance to be a legit peer of MJ.

Curry is a great player, but he is like Steve Nash 2.0. He never has been the best player in the league. It is possible that he takes that title at some point, but I am not even sure he is the best player on his own team. Let's slow down with the MJ talk.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is already considered better than MJ. He's more physical, a better defender and is more powerful at the rim.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is already considered better than MJ. He's more physical, a better defender and is more powerful at the rim.
EG7bQ.gif