• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wade: Lebron will never pass MJ

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which 3peat team was your favorite?

Both were pretty sweet. The first 3 because it hadn't been done since?? And who we had to go thru. Finally beating the Pistons and then Lakers was awesome. That first championship was the best IMO.

But of course the 1996 team was loaded and they barely lost the entire year. That team had a lot of really good players and some serious swag. Even Longley was sneaky good. They were so loaded. Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Longley, Harper.. They could go big or small. And good luck scoring.

I was spoiled growing up in IL in the 90s.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who had LeBron recruited?

TT and Irving were already there. Love, Smith and Shumpert were acquired in trade.

I still have yet to see any evidence suggesting LeBron is or was ever able to land a top free agent in cleveland.

By the way, in 2010 and even 2012 Lowry was not a top free agent. His stock has risen considerably since then. He never even sniffed all star status until the last three years in Toronto. You keep bringing him up. He would have been the type of player Cleveland might have been able to sign. Again though, he was not a star.

You're right Lebron had nothing to do with anyone going to Cleveland. :L

Lowry was hypothetical. Like much of this entire discussion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Lebron had nothing to do with anyone going to Cleveland. :L

Lowry was hypothetical. Like much of this entire discussion.

I did not say that. You are saying that he should have stayed and lured free agents. He still has not done that.

Clearly the team made the Love and Smith deals with and for LeBron. What you fail to see is that they needed serious assets in order to acquire Love. Those assets did not exist when he left.

I also agree that Love is an unnecessary piece on the current team, but it still does not change facts that LeBron has never "recruited" a top FA to Cleveland. Your entire argument is based the expectation that he should have been able to do that. But, I think many current players have learned from Kevin Garnett who was ridiculously loyal and let his prime years slip away in Minnesota. Cleveland was no better off than KG's Minnesota In terms of supporting roster. The team accomplished more because LeBron is that good.

I can and do respect guys who choose to stay, but I am sure as hell not going to knock someone who doesn't. When legacies are based on championships it is highly unfair to blame somebody who folds a crappy hand. Yes, that Cleveland roster of support players was crap.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic said this on lebron...

"If LeBron keeps playing the way he's playing & the Cavs win the title, this will be the single greatest performance we've seen in the Finals"...

That means greater than MJ, and i have to agree...We have never seen a player lead both teams in points, rebounds, blocks assists and steals.....ever

Career wise lebron needs to just keep winning and just keep playing like he has

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"If LeBron keeps playing the way he's playing & the Cavs win the title, this will be the single greatest performance we've seen in the Finals"...

That means greater than MJ, and i have to agree...We have never seen a player lead both teams in points, rebounds, blocks assists and steals.....ever

I agree with Magic's comment.

However, single greatest performance in the Finals does not equal GOAT. You put way too much stock on such a small sample of what we have last seen.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Magic's comment.

However, single greatest performance in the Finals does not equal GOAT. You put way too much stock on such a small sample of what we have last seen.
He's never been objective - what fan in his right man thinks a player with three rings is better than Michael Jordan with 6 rings?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's never been objective - what fan in his right man thinks a player with three rings is better than Michael Jordan with 6 rings?

I do think Jordan is better, but ring count is not the reason. It is a lazy argument, IMO. Too many variables go into rings that are outside the individual players' control.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Jordan is better, but ring count is not the reason. It is a lazy argument, IMO. Too many variables go into rings that are outside the individual players' control.
Which is exactly why I feel comfortable saying that LeBron is better than Kobe.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan got away with a lot travelling and elbows into the opponents face though and that would have changed his game considerably. I believe that the reason children like Lebronjames23 get confused is besides never seeing MJ play, they look at Lebron's body and athletic he looks stronger, and more capable but that doesn't mean he is as talented as MJ - Both MJ and Kobe were more talented then Lebron

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly why I feel comfortable saying that LeBron is better than Kobe.
I don't think Lebron has Kobe's determination to win like Kobe had - He has had a history of giving up and wile Lebron is physically stronger and more athletic than Kobe, he does not have the ball IQ for the game like Kobe had

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Lebron has Kobe's determination to win like Kobe had - He has had a history of giving up and wile Lebron is physically stronger and more athletic than Kobe, he does not have the ball IQ for the game like Kobe had
I'm not gonna get into a whole thing here, but I put Lebron ahead of Kobe all-time. My point was that it's not all about the ring count like tlance said. MJ is the GOAT for a lot of reasons, and it's almost unanimous.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These two points are exactly why people sometimes can take your opinion seriously. Completely untrue. Lebron has always had determination and heart, just as much as anyone else. As far as bball IQ, he has as high of a basketball IQ has all the greats like Kobe. Kobe was a better scorer but all-around game is Lebron hands down, that and other factors is why most have Lebron already ahead of Kobe on their all-time list.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who had LeBron recruited?

TT and Irving were already there. Love, Smith and Shumpert were acquired in trade.

I still have yet to see any evidence suggesting LeBron is or was ever able to land a top free agent in cleveland.
He recruited Love. Prior to LBJ reaching out to him Love had already gone on the record saying he had no interest in playing in Cleveland

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These two points are exactly why people sometimes can take your opinion seriously. Completely untrue. Lebron has always had determination and heart, just as much as anyone else. As far as bball IQ, he has as high of a basketball IQ has all the greats like Kobe. Kobe was a better scorer but all-around game is Lebron hands down, that and other factors is why most have Lebron already ahead of Kobe on their all-time list.
I would definitely argue that Lebron is the better scorer.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan got away with a lot travelling and elbows into the opponents face though and that would have changed his game considerably. I believe that the reason children like Lebronjames23 get confused is besides never seeing MJ play, they look at Lebron's body and athletic he looks stronger, and more capable but that doesn't mean he is as talented as MJ - Both MJ and Kobe were more talented then Lebron

I think you are confusing traveling with flying..

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say that. You are saying that he should have stayed and lured free agents. He still has not done that.

Clearly the team made the Love and Smith deals with and for LeBron. What you fail to see is that they needed serious assets in order to acquire Love. Those assets did not exist when he left.

I also agree that Love is an unnecessary piece on the current team, but it still does not change facts that LeBron has never "recruited" a top FA to Cleveland. Your entire argument is based the expectation that he should have been able to do that. But, I think many current players have learned from Kevin Garnett who was ridiculously loyal and let his prime years slip away in Minnesota. Cleveland was no better off than KG's Minnesota In terms of supporting roster. The team accomplished more because LeBron is that good.

I can and do respect guys who choose to stay, but I am sure as hell not going to knock someone who doesn't. When legacies are based on championships it is highly unfair to blame somebody who folds a crappy hand. Yes, that Cleveland roster of support players was crap.

:scratch: Lebron still has not recruited 1 player on Cleveland... "Clearly the team made the Love/Smth deals with and for Lebron"..

"when legacies are based on championships it is highly unfair t blame someone who folds a crappy hand"

Crappy hand as in winning the ECF? In your first 3 years?

this reminds me of one of my favorite south park episodes and I'm not even a big south park guy..

VvAvyNymKgzojZVU95UHktYBnZ4Z-njt8jlMYKv9DQQ.jpg

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which also tells us that even the greats hold titles in high regard when rating other players.