• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W6 TNF: 49ers @ Seahawks. Amazon/Q13/CTV2 8:15/5:15

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one stings.

Not Gonna lie. WE HAD THEM....

BUT IT SLIPPED
You could say the Niners almost let it slip to you. If the RZ offense was better, this was a blowout in the first half.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say the Niners almost let it slip to you. If the RZ offense was better, this was a blowout in the first half.

Ducks.. the 49ers blew us out.. it should've been a fumble on the punt return, the score should've been 43-13 or something. Same with the Giants who should've been up 30-6 in the 4th quarter. Stop trying to help. This team blows ass.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was a shitty game last night. Geno sucked cause Grubb is asking him to do way too much. Where Geno does well is having that solid run game and only dropping back 25 to 28 times per game. Anything over 35+ is asking for trouble and showed last night. Grubb needs to realize that isn't Penix back there and the run game can and would work well if they get it started early in the game. Just crazy they haven't figured this out the last few games.

Now the defense, Mac needs another year or two to get his players to fit his scheme. Injuries have hampered the D and next man up theory is more next man up is not stepping up to make plays. Some of these starters need to get healthy and maybe get back to playing 60 mins of competitive football.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I'm over the shock of some painful loses, some bad performances, I'm still hopeful this roster can turn it around. New staff and a bunch of very young players it's taking time to gel and of course need some good luck with health. I think at times I'm too invested in the Seahawks play and really puts me in a foul mood when they combine losing with shoddy play (sometimes they can play bad and win, not nearly as painful) makes me want to strike out and smash something. Not ready to throw in the towel, hopefully they can play better next week vs the Falcons.

Yes it's when they play like shit that makes me want to break something. We have seen them play well and it just sucks to seem them so undisciplined and players looking like they shouldn't even be starting like our middle linebackers. Dodson and Baker are JOKES! Let knight play more god damn it! Yes he is a rookie and makes mistakes but he seems to have some skill just needs the maturing. He has not played a single snap in the past two games where he was over 57% in all 3 games before that. ( wk2 65%, wk3 57%, wk4 74% )

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a final score standpoint this is more or less what I expected.

But damn, there was no reason this couldn't have been a W if Geno doesn't throw a couple awful passes and Ken Walker just gets set before the snap.

SF didn't look good at all either. Seattle just looked like a big steamy pile of dogshit.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But damn, there was no reason this couldn't have been a W if Geno doesn't throw a couple awful passes and Ken Walker just gets set before the snap.

Walker was little tippy tapping it out also. It was like he had no clue he had to be set as he tried so hard to NOT be set even slowing WAY down so he wouldn't run out of room on the sideline. That looked to be a coaching mistake and something OC should have taught better. There is no excuse for that other than it looked to be taught wrong.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,696.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've all agreed that Geno is and has never been our future at the QB position... I do feel this coaching staff/Grubbs is doing him a bit of a disservice... Geno is not a drop back QB on 80% of the plays... He's set up to fail miserably when that's the case... Helk, he's not even a drop back QB 65% of the plays, yet almost 70% of the plays we run are drop back passes...

40 Pass attempts per game... But if you consider his scrambles and sacks, he has 47 drop backs per game...
1728746584217.png

22 Rushing attempts per game... That's it! For 2 guys we invested second round picks on in back to back drafts.
1728746453738.png

4 out of 5 games this year, he's attempted over 40 passes... 2x's he's attempted over 50... In all 5 games he's dropped back 40x's... 3x's he's dropped back 50x's when you consider his scrambles and sacks taken...
1728746791230.png

Now look at the last few seasons... He's on pace for exceeding his attempts in 2023 through 12 games... He's on pace to exceed/match his attempts in 2022 through 12/13 games...
1728746907025.png

When it's all said and done, the coaching staff is/isn't doing Geno justice:
  • They committed to the wrong guy for their style of offense
  • Grubb doesn't know how to adjust to the talent he has on the field
  • They are just using this season to see how Geno can handle some extra overtime via the passing game
All in all, I think we can all agree that they aren't doing Geno any service right now with how they are managing the game... He obviously isn't capable of handling this extra bulk/responsibility in the passing game... They're also not doing K. Walker/Charb any justice either...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've all agreed that Geno is and has never been our future at the QB position... I do feel this coaching staff/Grubbs is doing him a bit of a disservice... Geno is not a drop back QB on 80% of the plays... He's set up to fail miserably when that's the case... Helk, he's not even a drop back QB 65% of the plays, yet almost 70% of the plays we run are drop back passes...

40 Pass attempts per game... But if you consider his scrambles and sacks, he has 47 drop backs per game...
View attachment 376914

22 Rushing attempts per game... That's it! For 2 guys we invested second round picks on in back to back drafts.
View attachment 376913

4 out of 5 games this year, he's attempted over 40 passes... 2x's he's attempted over 50... In all 5 games he's dropped back 40x's... 3x's he's dropped back 50x's when you consider his scrambles and sacks taken...
View attachment 376915

Now look at the last few seasons... He's on pace for exceeding his attempts in 2023 through 12 games... He's on pace to exceed/match his attempts in 2022 through 12/13 games...
View attachment 376916

When it's all said and done, the coaching staff is/isn't doing Geno justice:
  • They committed to the wrong guy for their style of offense
  • Grubb doesn't know how to adjust to the talent he has on the field
  • They are just using this season to see how Geno can handle some extra overtime via the passing game
All in all, I think we can all agree that they aren't doing Geno any service right now with how they are managing the game... He obviously isn't capable of handling this extra bulk/responsibility in the passing game... They're also not doing K. Walker/Charb any justice either...
Looking at the run pass ratio Seahawks are dead last at running ratio at 34.5 % of the plays and they need to increase that. Can the OL sustain a running game and avoid being 3rd and long to often? We don't want run, run, pass, punt happening very often. Funny when Pete was here folks complained it was too run heavy and to many run, run, pass, punts occurred.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,696.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the run pass ratio Seahawks are dead last at running ratio at 34.5 % of the plays and they need to increase that. Can the OL sustain a running game and avoid being 3rd and long to often? We don't want run, run, pass, punt happening very often. Funny when Pete was here folks complained it was too run heavy and to many run, run, pass, punts occurred.
Being pass happy is fine, but we don’t have a quarterback to be pass happy with.

Put in Howell if you want to be pass happy