• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W6 TNF: 49ers @ Seahawks. Amazon/Q13/CTV2 8:15/5:15

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now we have no pass rush. That has to change.

The Hawks are ranked 8th in the NFL in "Pressure percentage". They are getting pressure just not sacks because guys are OPEN to throw to. And they are doing this with out blitzing much. They are 18th in the league in blitz percentage.

How do you beat seattle " Quick passing" every team comes in and does the same damn thing. Quick passing 11-12 play 8 minute drives.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no shit he cant go out there and sack the other teams QB but i am talking about his "offensive " production. People ignore the facts and look at pretty numbers that dont matter. Lots of yards, Yep he is trying to catch up to the teams that his TO gave points to lol. Trade Geno and DK for draft capital lol Do it tomorrow before both are worthless because of their play.

And i'm saying not all the blame is on him

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks are ranked 8th in the NFL in "Pressure percentage". They are getting pressure just not sacks because guys are OPEN to throw to. And they are doing this with out blitzing much. They are 18th in the league in blitz percentage.

How do you beat seattle " Quick passing" every team comes in and does the same damn thing. Quick passing 11-12 play 8 minute drives.

Oh. The pretty #.

Fuck it

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their game against the Giants was the worst of the season though at 15 presures on 40 drop backs. Tonights wasnt much better if it was better.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Lockett and JSN should be Geno's go to guys not DK. DK is that take the top off of the defense type WR not a possession receiver. Tyler and JSN should get most of the looks but for some god damn reason Geno forces it way to often to a "COVERED" DK who has proven he cant catch the ball in traffic.

It blows my mind how the Hawks mount these comebacks and it's because they start throwing to Lockett and or JSN. Not DK.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does MacDonald survive the season if they lose the rest of the games?
Yeah, he’s gona be given a window to build it his way before he’s fired … I think things turn around at some point, but he’s gotta find HIS guy at QB, Geno ain’t it … Remember when Pete ran with Hasselbeck his first year then pulled the plug on that quickly … That’s what Macdonald’s gotta do with Geno, or he’s not gonna last long as a head coach …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok our defense needs a big time rebuild, hope we have the right coach for it, Need a QB also and a OC. Well with a better QB our OC might be ok.
I hope they get off this hurry up offense, I’m not saying never run it, but not all the dam time… I‘ve never been a fan of hurry up offense because you can leave you defense on the field for WAY longer in a game especially if your O doesn’t have success …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they get off this hurry up offense, I’m not saying never run it, but not all the dam time… I‘ve never been a fan of hurry up offense because you can leave you defense on the field for WAY longer in a game especially if your O doesn’t have success …

Issue is they dont have success or much of it with out it. Once they take Geno's thinking out of it and go just fast they do better when he gets to call two plays things slow way down and start looking UGLY!

Also i hate how our WHOLE offense looks to the sideline all the time .. But i get it, they are getting the play call when they are going up tempo. It may look stupid but it keeps Geno's brain from getting in his own way.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think this should be Genos last season at the starting QB. I enjoyed his story his first season as the starter and was awesome watching him out perform Russell Wilson but it is time to go in another direction.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but i bet we wouldn't be talking about a QB that for some reason gets a pass even though he constantly throws or fumbles away games. This isn't anything new. Take away his ONE good season and what is he? 59 TD 50 INT QB thats what he is and thats not counting his 14 career fumbles! A good QB is 2TD's to 1 INT a great QB is 2.5 TD or better to 1 INT.

People seem to forget Geno is and has been a turn over machine.

" But look at his yardage" Does not win you games when its garbage time yardage or him having to throw EVERY play because a turnover gave the other team a lead " But look at his completion percentage" Yes he likes to throw a lot of short passes and is throwing to some of the best WR's in the NFL. " What about all his 4th quarter comebacks?" how many of them were they losing BECAUSE of his turnovers?

Stop giving the man the free pass and call it like it really is. He is a back up QB that can win you games but can't read a defense or see open men down field and is not a starter quality QB. In 6 games only twice has he had a QBR over 70! Andy Daltons Average QBR is higher than Geno's!
What free pass are you talking about? Everyone said he played like shit last night.

You may get your wish and see Geno benched in a few weeks. Then you can complain about how bad Howell is and say that the guy who can't beat out Daniel Jones would be doing better.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think this should be Genos last season at the starting QB. I enjoyed his story his first season as the starter and was awesome watching him out perform Russell Wilson but it is time to go in another direction.

Hard to see him remain the starter for the rest of the season based on his level of play currently.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Seahawks had the No. 1 pressure percentage after week 3. They have been nowhere near as effective these past 3 weeks.

Tre Brown has been pretty terrible this year. And our linebackers aren't super great coverage. But you can't expect a zone defense to keep everyone covered for 4 or 5 seconds.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's hurry up! And then Geno fucks around Peyton Manning style for 15 seconds and takes the clock to < 5 anyway... lol.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hurry up! And then Geno fucks around Peyton Manning style for 15 seconds and takes the clock to < 5 anyway... lol.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. The whole point is to get a read on what the defense is doing pre-snap.

You don't want to snap the ball early in the clock routinely as that can impact your time of possession.

I'll take this over getting out of the huddle with 10 seconds left and snapping right at 0.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is anything wrong with that. The whole point is to get a read on what the defense is doing pre-snap.

You don't want to snap the ball early in the clock routinely as that can impact your time of possession.

I'll take this over getting out of the huddle with 10 seconds left and snapping right at 0.
Yah I guess flyer...

Either way not much to say about the offense. We couldn't run the ball with Hargraves/Elliott out, special teams should've had two turnovers (another ref gift), offense had 2 turnovers and could've been 3 on a fumble)... just disaster all around. 9ers had no turnovers. You can't win games with 4-5 turnovers to 0. And a kick return is fluky... it usually happens once a season lol. Otherwise this game is 36-17 and a complete and utter blowout. Probably 43-13 or something if they get the punt fumble correctly called. We didn't just lose the last two weeks, we got ANNIHILATED and got two luck calls from the refs that stopped more points against us and a kick return lol.

Next game is in Atlanta... if we lose that I kind of wonder if we'll switch to Howell. Cause then you got the Bills/Rams/9ers after that... all losable games. Not having Geno next year would free up quite a bit of cap but I think it's important to see if we have anything with Howell first. I know Geno looked way better in camp than Howell, but I'd like to see if there's anything there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to tank for Cam Ward.....
Seven teams with only a single win, be hard to do worse then the majority of them. I expect Howell to start next season and Schneider will draft some random QB in the 5th to 7th round. Schneider passed on every opportunity to move up and secure a good prospect at QB in good QB class under the theory that the Seahawks have bigger needs. So here we are with no good prospect at QB (Howell isn't the answer, but Schneider will claim he is), still with holes on the roster as rookies can fail at every position, and little to no chance of scoring a high side prospect at QB. I'm probably being overly down about the state of affairs, but I'm of the opinion that you never pass a chance to secure top prospects at the QB position and that's exactly what Schneider has done.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I'm over the shock of some painful loses, some bad performances, I'm still hopeful this roster can turn it around. New staff and a bunch of very young players it's taking time to gel and of course need some good luck with health. I think at times I'm too invested in the Seahawks play and really puts me in a foul mood when they combine losing with shoddy play (sometimes they can play bad and win, not nearly as painful) makes me want to strike out and smash something. Not ready to throw in the towel, hopefully they can play better next week vs the Falcons.