• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W4: Whiner alert. Please report to Levis Stadium... 4:05/1:05 FOX

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the hell out of way Homer!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the daily show boom GIF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always love seeing the Seahawks beat the 9ers in their building.

Especially given they have some of the most biased refs and fail to EVER call their OL for holding... last year was even more ridiculous and 2019 was fuckin' insane how much bias there was. Think that was the game where Wilson was allowed to have 3 defenders smother him trying to strip the ball...., no whistle even though he's being pushed back. He escaped, ran 10 yards down the field (with a ton of landscape in front) THEN the refs blew the whistle and said he was down... San Fran is such a shithole...

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, see everyone Thursday for the Rams, Lets GO HAWKS

(side note FINALLY 100 WINS FOR WILSON)

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a critical win, 1-3 start is getting tough to climb out of … plus a big division win, we’ll take it

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday is starting to look not so bad.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, see everyone Thursday for the Rams, Lets GO HAWKS

(side note FINALLY 100 WINS FOR WILSON)

Oh &@$@ we have the Rams on Thu … That’s gonna be a tough one… I honestly usually don’t look ahead much, focus on the week at hand… We’re home I hope …

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh &@$@ we have the Rams on Thu … That’s gonna be a tough one… I honestly usually don’t look ahead much, focus on the week at hand… We’re home I hope …
It’s a home game. These division games are all so important. Rams would be hurting if they lose back to back division games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something i find a little strange. Seattle had a two game losing streak, 49ers are now on a two game losing streak and if the Rams lose on Thursday they will be on a two game losing streak with the 49ers and Cards also playing, Maybe the Cards start their two game losing streak next week lol.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalfe might end up being great, and he's extremely good even now, but he needs to stop dropping catchable balls. That's probably his only big weakness. His hands let him down sometimes. 2 big drops again today. Maybe not the easiest catches but the ball was right in his hands both times. Less food color in the hair and more stickum on the gloves please.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a home game. These division games are all so important. Rams would be hurting if they lose back to back division games.

I hate our matchup against the Rams.

1) Arizona has a far better pass rush than Seattle. They didn't get any sacks today but that doesn't mean they didn't get pressures.
1a) If Dunlap/Taylor (who needs to start getting more snaps) are out WOOF.
2) Rams have a decent run defense and we have a horrid one. Arizona completely gashed the Rams today.
3) Rams corners did get beat up today but they are better than ours.

I'm hoping for the best... beaten by the Rams 3x last year (twice at home)..... I really hope they redeem themselves.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still got lots to work on. The Offense could have ended this game 28-13 had they got a 1st down but couldn't. The 3rd down conversions are awful for this offense and they once again fell on the "big" plays to have much of a offense. They did show some more short throws/dump offs and i liked what I saw to slow the pass rush down. Wilson needs to be active though, he has to run more.

When Wilson is active and takes off it sucks those linebackers up even if the running game is not functioning. If Wilson would take off like 2 or 3 times in the first half of a game I feel this puts it into the Linebackers thinking and keeps them from dropping to much because it's fresh in their mind. RPO are a big weapon that Wilson can use and they don't use them. Yes Running a slower Wilson is not going to do much for you but it will keep the Linebackers even MORE honest than a middle of the pack running game can do by itself.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as you see Adams is straight up on Deebo and he lets him go when Jones had to cover the deep in, Adams is 100% at fault as he had no assignment or person to even fall off to or cover.

Well just watch it on Youtube it's at the 7:52 mark.

then maybe the Safety is supposed to close in on that deep in and the CB falls off on the sideline route but that makes no sense either, because if he doesn't run that in the CB has to stick to his hip and the safety has over the top help. Nah Adams made a mistake.

Reactions: MrS

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as you see Adams is straight up on Deebo and he lets him go when Jones had to cover the deep in, Adams is 100% at fault as he had no assignment or person to even fall off to or cover.

Well just watch it on Youtube it's at the 7:52 mark.

then maybe the Safety is supposed to close in on that deep in and the CB falls off on the sideline route but that makes no sense either, because if he doesn't run that in the CB has to stick to his hip and the safety has over the top help. Nah Adams made a mistake.

If you watch that clip Kittle is about to release from a zone and be WIDE the F open and likely go for a HUGE gain himself if Adams is not there... Adams can't cover 2 guys at once nor is he going to catch Samuel (or prevent that catch) given he was playing his ZONE. Was that the correct zone playcall? Talk to our brilliant coordinator.

Jones meanwhile is covering his original guy who is running into another zone and basically 3 defenders are covering him (lol, zone.exe stopped working) by the time Lance throws. THAT'S WRONG. He's supposed to fall back with his guy and STAY in his zone. Adams is pointing back to HELP Jones know "Yo, Lance is throwing your direction, FYI." That's actually very helpful for Jones who can potentially get a head start or bait an INT. Little did Jamal know the reason Lance was throwing was because Jones was in a different timezone. Had Jones broken off when he should've he probably would've seen that and Samuel coming at him.

You know what a cover 3 is, right? Cause that's what they ran.... LOB did it all the f'ing time as well so Kam could ROCK tight ends (which Adams would've done on Kittle). Difference was Sherman often didn't stick with the guy lined up across from him.... Yah if the guy across from him went deep, sure.... but when that didn't happen, Sherman still covered that ZONE deep. And yah you can press up a little bit (just like Reed did) to avoid prevent... but you have to be prepared to cover your quadrant of the field... Jones COMPLETELY abandoned it by going over the middle. Sherman never did that when we ran zone...

Eh whatever, think what you want.

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch that clip Kittle is about to release from a zone and be WIDE the F open and likely go for a HUGE gain himself if Adams is not there... Adams can't cover 2 guys at once nor is he going to catch Samuel (or prevent that catch) given he was playing his ZONE. Was that the correct zone playcall? Talk to our brilliant coordinator.

Jones meanwhile is covering his original guy who is running into another zone and basically 3 defenders are covering him (lol, zone.exe stopped working) by the time Lance throws. THAT'S WRONG. He's supposed to fall back with his guy and STAY in his zone. Adams is pointing back to HELP Jones know "Yo, Lance is throwing your direction, FYI." That's actually very helpful for Jones who can potentially get a head start or bait an INT. Little did Jamal know the reason Lance was throwing was because Jones was in a different timezone. Had Jones broken off when he should've he probably would've seen that and Samuel coming at him.

You know what a cover 3 is, right? Cause that's what they ran.... LOB did it all the f'ing time as well so Kam could ROCK tight ends (which Adams would've done on Kittle). Difference was Sherman often didn't stick with the guy lined up across from him.... Yah if the guy across from him went deep, sure.... but when that didn't happen, Sherman still covered that ZONE deep. And yah you can press up a little bit (just like Reed did) to avoid prevent... but you have to be prepared to cover your quadrant of the field... Jones COMPLETELY abandoned it by going over the middle. Sherman never did that when we ran zone...

Eh whatever, think what you want.
You are spot on correct. Babineaux broke it down on the post game show and directly stated that it was a blown Cover-3 handoff, and that it was Jones' missed assignment.

Anyone that thinks Adams is at fault here is completely wrong. Jones just left his zone and followed the guy into the middle when he was supposed to take the hand off into his zone area.

I don't blame Jones much. He should have recognized it but a young guy on a new team is going to make mistakes. He should integrate into the D better over the season and hopefully will be an answer at CB without these types of errors.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spot on correct. Babineaux broke it down on the post game show and directly stated that it was a blown Cover-3 handoff, and that it was Jones' missed assignment.

Anyone that thinks Adams is at fault here is completely wrong. Jones just left his zone and followed the guy into the middle when he was supposed to take the hand off into his zone area.

I don't blame Jones much. He should have recognized it but a young guy on a new team is going to make mistakes. He should integrate into the D better over the season and hopefully will be an answer at CB without these types of errors.

Yah I mean he hasn't played many games and has bounced around from team to team so I can't be hard on him in his first game with Seattle... but let's get the facts right of who was at fault (again mistakes happen..... it's not like he's performing heart surgery) so it can be fixed. And hopefully Jones is the type of guy that will work with Diggs/Wagner/Adams/Carroll to improve. God knows we need help at CB :)