• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W17: Seahawks @ Whiners 4:25/1:25 FOX and CTV BC and Alberta

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I don't wish for our kicker to miss XP's, it's kind of God sent that he did... We were down by 4 when we scored the go ahead TD to Tyler Lockett... Imagine if we had been down by 3 (assuming Myer made that XP)? IMO, we would've gone into conservative mode, settling for a FG to tie the game...
Really good point. In the moment when it was 4th & goal I was sure thinking about that missed XP...but I think you're right -- probably would have thrown it away there and settled for OT. And the cool part about having to go for it is that was RW's 40th TD pass and also TL's 100th catch on the season. Both pretty cool milestones.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 we drafted 0, a few years we only spent a 7th. Rounds 2-7 should be a potential RB pick every year regardless of who is on the roster.

I will never want a 1st round pick spent on a RB, like penny.

2015: Had we drafted a RB - would they had even made the roster? Here are our RB's that year... Bryce Brown, Derrick Coleman, Fred Jackson, M.Lynch, Chrstine Michael, Thomas Rawls... Lynch struggled that year badly only averaging 3.8ypc till he got hurt... Our OL was terrible...

2016: We tried to stockpile RB's... We drafted CJ Prosise in the 2nd round; Alex Collins in the 5th round and Zach Brooks in the 7th round

2017: Cris Carson - 7th round... Obviously not going to put a lot of draft stock into RB's this season after drafting 3 the year before...

2018: 1st Round Rashaad Penny... I know you don't like Penny but they did draft a RB... That's 5 RB's in the past 3 drafts...

2019: 6th round Travis Homer... We had Penny/Carson as the 1/2 punch so why draft a RB any higher than they did in this round?

2020: Penny/Carsons injuries so they invest in a 4th round pick to draft DJ Dallas...

Seems like they followed your logic...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It bothered me not to get a taunting call on the Rams yesterday.

There were 3 occasions that it could have been called. 1 was nominal and probably shouldn't have. Another was after the Seahawks tackled the guy and he hopped up, aggressively went facemask to facemask talking crap. It probably shouldn't have been called either........BUT........
.......the play where the Rams guy went on the Seahawk's sideline and did the dumbass arm waving dance while talking shit most definitely should have been called. I don't know how the refs didn't throw a flag on that bullshit.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were 3 occasions that it could have been called. 1 was nominal and probably shouldn't have. Another was after the Seahawks tackled the guy and he hopped up, aggressively went facemask to facemask talking crap. It probably shouldn't have been called either........BUT........
.......the play where the Rams guy went on the Seahawk's sideline and did the dumbass arm waving dance while talking shit most definitely should have been called. I don't know how the refs didn't throw a flag on that bullshit.
You mean Niners?

EDIT: And I am pretty sure that I know the one you are talking about with number 3, there and I completely agree. As my wife and I watched, we both asked how the fuck that wasn't flagged for taunting. It was pretty damned blatant.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the one where Witherspoon broke up a pass to DK Metcalf... That should've definitely been a taunting call... When you let things like that go in a game, things can escalade rather quickly, which is why ref's tend to nip that in the butt to set a precedent... In that moment, I thought DK was going to retaliate because almost anyone would've in that instance... Props to him for taking the high road in that instance understanding what it would've cost us at the time, which was field position...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Niners?

EDIT: And I am pretty sure that I know the one you are talking about with number 3, there and I completely agree. As my wife and I watched, we both asked how the fuck that wasn't flagged for taunting. It was pretty damned blatant.
Lol! Yes, 9ers.

I was getting a week ahead in my bitching about refs.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and Karma bit him in the ass as his team lost. just saying is all.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the 1 no-call on Dunlap when he crushed Beathard? I thought that was more of a penalty than the one he actually got flagged for. On the one he didn't, he made contact with the torso but it looked to me like he was about a half step late.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the 1 no-call on Dunlap when he crushed Beathard? I thought that was more of a penalty than the one he actually got flagged for. On the one he didn't, he made contact with the torso but it looked to me like he was about a half step late.
Check out this penalty on Tracy Walker this weekend in the Det/Min game... It was 4th and Goal and he gets a PF penalty on this sack... Couldn't believe they called that on 4th and goal...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015: Had we drafted a RB - would they had even made the roster? Here are our RB's that year... Bryce Brown, Derrick Coleman, Fred Jackson, M.Lynch, Chrstine Michael, Thomas Rawls... Lynch struggled that year badly only averaging 3.8ypc till he got hurt... Our OL was terrible...

2016: We tried to stockpile RB's... We drafted CJ Prosise in the 2nd round; Alex Collins in the 5th round and Zach Brooks in the 7th round

2017: Cris Carson - 7th round... Obviously not going to put a lot of draft stock into RB's this season after drafting 3 the year before...

2018: 1st Round Rashaad Penny... I know you don't like Penny but they did draft a RB... That's 5 RB's in the past 3 drafts...

2019: 6th round Travis Homer... We had Penny/Carson as the 1/2 punch so why draft a RB any higher than they did in this round?

2020: Penny/Carsons injuries so they invest in a 4th round pick to draft DJ Dallas...

Yes, it's not drafting RBs that's the problem it's been the injury bug that has plagued this team. Just once would be nice to have a mostly healthy RB core.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically it was a good season.

Wilson with 4200+yards and 40 TDs
Adams sets DB record for sacks
DK sets franchise record for yards
Lock sets franchise record for catches
2 WRs over 1000 yards.

Those are some impressive stats.
Amazing what a top 5 QB can do for a franchise.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we are going to be a run first team we should be putting draft capital into RBs regardless of what we think we have. The last few years bear this out with all the injuries and we missed out on quite a few good ones too.

Penny was a disastrous pick. I hated it then and i hate it now even more. Fucks sake if your going to take a rb round 1 at least take the best one.

Yes, it's not drafting RBs that's the problem it's been the injury bug that has plagued this team. Just once would be nice to have a mostly healthy RB core.

Why rely on guys with injury histories at the toughest position in the game?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just once would be nice to have a mostly healthy RB core.
*Laughs in 2020*

CMC, Barkley, Mostert

Things could have been much worse as evidenced by teams losing big time names just this season. Injuries are part of the game, especially at the RB position.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's great is we will have Carson, Penny, Hyde and Collins at our disposal for Wildcard weekend... That's all that matters at this point...

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to be a run first team we should be putting draft capital into RBs regardless of what we think we have. The last few years bear this out with all the injuries and we missed out on quite a few good ones too.

Penny was a disastrous pick. I hated it then and i hate it now even more. Fucks sake if your going to take a rb round 1 at least take the best one.

Why rely on guys with injury histories at the toughest position in the game?
You can't keep using high draft capital on RBs with the amount of holes on this team. Hope and pray the RB drafted stays healthy.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Laughs in 2020*

CMC, Barkley, Mostert

Things could have been much worse as evidenced by teams losing big time names just this season. Injuries are part of the game, especially at the RB position.
We did get quite lucky compared to others.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's great is we will have Carson, Penny, Hyde and Collins at our disposal for Wildcard weekend... That's all that matters at this point...
I'm good with that and we'll need all of them against that Rams D-line. Keep the rotation going keeping them fresh unless one of them gets on a hot run.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't keep using high draft capital on RBs with the amount of holes on this team. Hope and pray the RB drafted stays healthy.
True, we need that capital to make bad trades for overrated players

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, we need that capital to make bad trades for overrated players
No team hits on all of their trades. Some didn't work out and some did. Percy/Branch was a miss while Clowney for 1 yr and Adams I say where hits.