• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 15: Seahawks @ Football Team. 1/10. FOX and 45% of Ctv.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Win did they can not miss the playoffs now based on their Wins and SOV. the worst they can be is 10-6 and thats a lock for the playoffs.

Check my scenario again? The Rams, Cards, and Seahawks can ALL be 10-6. GB/Saints already won their division, and the Bucs can be 11-5. And then whoever takes the NFC Least.

That means one of the Rams/Cards/Seahawks needs to be eliminated. Why is Seattle NOT as of now?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they might have given Jacksonville the edge in the Trevor L. sweepstakes.
Regardless of how the current team feels about it, the best thing for the Jets organization in the long run was probably to lose out.

And as a Jags fan.

Can't wish for anything better.

Now to wait till Battlelyon shows his face...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check my scenario again? The Rams, Cards, and Seahawks can ALL be 10-6. GB/Saints already won their division, and the Bucs can be 11-5. And then whoever takes the NFC Least.

That means one of the Rams/Cards/Seahawks needs to be eliminated. Why is Seattle NOT as of now?

Shark...

7 teams get in

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Shark you forgot about the changes, only the #1 seed gets a bye as 7 teams make it from each conference not 6. On a side note if the Hawks win out they most likely will face Either the Rams or Cards. But if they don't then they most like play the Rams in the first round in LA.

Also the BEARS can still make the playoffs if they win out and the Cards lose one of their last two! this is Huge because they Face GB in week 17 and could need that win for a playoff birth!

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Shark you forgot about the changes, only the #1 seed gets a bye as 7 teams make it from each conference not 6. On a side note if the Hawks win out they most likely will face Either the Rams or Cards. But if they don't then they most like play the Rams in the first round in LA.

Yah, I remember.

I went into so much effort with my scenario post too.....

:sigh:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also the BEARS can still make the playoffs if they win out and the Cards lose one of their last two! this is Huge because they Face GB in week 17 and could need that win for a playoff birth!

But...

What if we win out and the Packers and Saints lose a game?

Then what happens?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...

Then what happens?

In order for Seattle to get the number one Seattle has to win out, and both GB and the Saints need to lose out. Otherwise who ever wins one game GB or saints would be the number one team.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...

Then what happens?

If the Seahawks win out and both the Packers and Saints lose one game the Packers are still the #1 seed and hold the tie breaker over Seattle based on winning percentage in conference games unless the Packers lose to the Bears. If the Packers lose to the bears and The saints lose one and Seattle wins out the Hawks are the #1 seed based on common games.

If Greenbay beats the Titans and lose to the Bears and the Hawks win out they have the same conference record so they would go to common games where Seattle would be the #1 seed. If Seattle Wins out and the Saints lose one and Greenbay beats the Bears even if they lost to the Titans Greenbay still gets the #1 Seed.

If Greenbay beats the Bears they are like a 99.9% lock to have homefield throughout. Thats the big game based on head to heads and conference records

Last edited:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks win out and both the Packers and Saints lose one game the Packers are still the #1 seed and hold the tie breaker over Seattle based on winning percentage in conference games unless the Packers lose to the Bears. If the Packers lose to the bears and The saints lose one and Seattle wins out the Hawks are the #1 seed based on common games.

If Greenbay beats the Titans and lose to the Bears and the Hawks win out they have the same conference record so they would go to common games where Seattle would be the #1 seed. If Seattle Wins out and the Saints lose one and Greenbay beats the Bears even if they lost to the Titans Greenbay still gets the #1 Seed.

If Greenbay beats the Bears they are like a 99.9% lock to have homefield throughout. Thats the big game based on head to heads and conference records

I was looking for we get home field. But I guess that be a pipe dream

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking for we get home field. But I guess that be a pipe dream
Seattle if they win the NFC West they could be either the #1, #2, #3 seeds. That is a lock "IF" they win the NFC West. That comes with a Home game and a chance to play more based off seeding.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order for Seattle to get the number one Seattle has to win out, and both GB and the Saints need to lose out. Otherwise who ever wins one game GB or saints would be the number one team.

I'm working on it. Does anyone have neighbors with goats? Asking for a friend....

c227c9b45c54dec711000275aab5cb14.jpg

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny how the commentators kept saying how impressed they were with Haskins... He threw the ball 55 times and didn't even get 300 yards... How is that impressive?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny how the commentators kept saying how impressed they were with Haskins... He threw the ball 55 times and didn't even get 300 yards... How is that impressive?

They were so annoying, wash this, wash that. I'm like he's throwing 4-6 yard passes. It's not like he was throwing 15-20, where only his guys or no one could get throws either?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been off for a while so forgive me if this has been covered, but is anyone else starting to get a little concerned about the offense? They've been in a slump that has lasted 6 weeks (I'm reluctant to count the Jets defense as a true success, despite their victory against the Rams today). They're averaging 19.0 points and 322 yards in the last 5 games not against the Jets.

Despite a huge resurgence in the run game (125 ypg), Russell has been pedestrian at best with 133 of 193 for 1265 yards 9 tds and 5 picks (this even includes the Jets game). Now, this isn't just a Russell issue - I've seen easy passes being dropped. Play calling appears to be limiting in the routes with lots of long developing plays that dont even have underneath options. Adjustments haven't seemed to be being made.

After Hyde's 50 yard TD, Seattle ran 18 plays for 49 yards the rest of the game (15-52 before kneeling). The offense completely disappeared.

Anyone else seeing this?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things I liked and a few I didn't like about that game, but my main thought about this team right now is what is going on with the offensive gameplan? I am sure if I read up-thread I would see some criticism of the QB, but I think it needs to be directed at the gameplan. We just aren't aggressive anymore -- not taking many shots, tons of short stuff, plays that go toward the sideline and not the ez, etc. We have the best deep ball thrower and one of the best deep threats, but lately we prefer 6 yard curls and stuff behind the LOS. I am not sure if it's more a produce of the popgun offenses we have faced the last 4 or 5 games, or if that stretch in the middle of the season has us gunshy. It's pretty frustrating though to see us roll out this chickenshit offense game after game when you look at who we have to use. Hopefully it's an opponent driven thing because I can't see us winning a playoff game like this. We could 6 or 7 years ago, but this defense -- even as improved as it is -- can't be perfect every time out.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would all like to see some big plays but I think we have to consider the defenses we are playing as well. As much as we all know the NFCE is garbage, I'm pretty sure we can all agree that most of that falls on their ofc. The Eagles, Giants and FT(damn, that is a weird nickname) all have arguably top 7-8 defensive fronts in the league that can get after the passer. Those long developing plays are just asking for trouble. We also faced the Rams during that time with Donald. Running the ball hard at those defenses slows that down and gives Russ and DK and Tyler opportunities.
My only issue is letting up in the second half when we have these teams down. We tend to let teams get back in it and don't put our foot on their throat in the second half. Good defenses adjust at halftime and our guys need to counter that. Need to put the thought of a comeback right out of the equation, I think. I was okay with the gameplan yesterday because it was what they needed to do.I think vs the Rams next week we need a lot of that too. If a 37 yr old Frank Gore can run on the Rams, we need to be able to. Granted, Gore didn't have some spectacular day but he did have some good runs and closed that game out.
I also want the defense to go after Goff. The Rams Oline is average and Goff sucks under pressure. We need a decisive win over these rivals and we need to make the Aaron Donald factor a non starter. Whatever we have to do to accomplish that is fine by me. And having all of our RBs healthy and shoving the ball down opponents throats is a nice sign. Get on a roll going into the playoffs and take the shots when the game allows it. Our WRs scare teams and if the RBs do too, it makes us a lot harder to gameplan against.
Sorry for the lengthy post guys.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I think the offense needs to do is simply throw DK's way. I don't care if he's covered, throw the damn ball. He'll either fight for it, beat the defender, or get mauled for a flag more times than not. It feels like early in the recent games we're reluctant to go there because "the defense is taking him away." Not an excuse.

David Moore should not have more targets/catches than DK. We're overthinking the strategy and outsmarting ourselves. Sometimes the simplest solution is the right solution: Get the ball to your best player.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to leave this bomb here. Man there are going to be some man people...

Pete Carroll Show: Seahawks’ offense executed ‘an awesome way to win’​