• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller closing in on deal?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller pretty much single handily brought a Super Bowl to Denver. He was directly responsible for 15 of the 24 points and all touchdowns scored.

Pay Miller what he wants.

yep he did . there is a reason you draft .. Next

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep he did . there is a reason you draft .. Next
When are we drafting at #2 again? Everyone is trying to find the next Von Miller. It would be idiotic to let him walk but then again you want to let him walk if he holds out.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we drafting at #2 again? Everyone is trying to find the next Von Miller. It would be idiotic to let him walk but then again you want to let him walk if he holds out.

We were told last year the kid we drafted was a stud time for him to shine as they would say ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes only if he holds out I have no need for paying that kind of money to a player that will be out of shape and ijory prone and will not live up to his billing of the team !

I said that of DT I was right we lost a season because of his bone head ! yes he played ok but we paid him for a hell a lot more production .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look if you are going to get paid to be a difference making player by god you damn well better be just that !!!!!!!!!!!!!! other wise just tag and tell no long term and if you like shop your ass ..

We have a right not to accept a trade .

CEH that is were you get a the first pick of a draft !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding out would not be an option if I was GM !

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Tell von no long term deal rent him this year and next ..let him go after that or trade him after this years season ..

I would trade him now if he is talking missing the preseason .
Von Miller's don't exactly grow on trees. He's earned a long term deal, and I expect Denver to reward him with one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I think he fits much better in a 4-3.

Well under Wade Phillips in 2011 for the Texans he had 5 sacks in 5 games that year. With Buffalo playing in a 3-4 defense he has had 10 or more sacks every year but this last one where every Buffalo player seemed to struggle.

So I would say he would do just fine here for us. To me this happens only if we cut Ware because he doesn't want to take a pay cut and we think we can get Williams on a cheaper deal after a bad year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos6482 I got a feeling he was offered that contract . and yes you are right he does deserve a contract that is fair .

at the same time toying with the team like DT did is not acceptable what so ever !

He stated he knew he was going to be a bronco for some time ...that alone just really pisses me off ...

at least Clady came back to work when he was close to a deal

All I know is if DT does not bring it next season it will be time to trade his ass !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL should hire a Matrix team to do a Fair contracts type a thing and not let bottom feeding teams over pay for positions ..

I also think NFLPA has kind of failed the older players with the pay scale being 100% locked in base pay wise .. Some of the older players would still be utilized

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL should hire a Matrix team to do a Fair contracts type a thing and not let bottom feeding teams over pay for positions ..

I also think NFLPA has kind of failed the older players with the pay scale being 100% locked in base pay wise .. Some of the older players would still be utilized

I would say the NFLPA had some things really backfire on them in the last CBA. The whole more money for the veteran players with putting a cap limit for draft picks just meant more money for the top players and the middle guys getting more and more pushed out of the league. The whole trying to get players to reset the value chart for their position to me is a terrible decision. Overpaying for one player means they have to cut others to make room for such a player. So we have the rich get richer and the middle class are replaced by the low cost replacement.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos6482 I got a feeling he was offered that contract . and yes you are right he does deserve a contract that is fair .

at the same time toying with the team like DT did is not acceptable what so ever !

He stated he knew he was going to be a bronco for some time ...that alone just really pisses me off ...

at least Clady came back to work when he was close to a deal

All I know is if DT does not bring it next season it will be time to trade his ass !
You don't seem to understand that at the end of the day it's still a business, and these guys are trying to get as much as they can.

In my opinion DT is getting way too much criticism for a guy that caught 105 passes (second highest of his career) for 1304 yards. Yes, his touchdowns were down, his yards per catch was down, and his drops were too high, but some of you act like he just had this awful year when in reality those are still pretty good numbers for a receiver that had the quarterback issues Denver had.

Now that doesn't mean I don't want him to be better. I think he can be better, and I think he will. But let's call it what it was, a down year, without veering into overly dramatic cut him or trade him territory.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Michael Irvin why WR get paid the big money ..

IF DT would of had that season with all of training camp you would be spot on .. because he missed it on purpose he has not one leg to stand on ..

Last edited:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
';[ Look I am not dogging them they should get money but not at the expense of production if they are getting paid to be a Difference maker that means all the work to do that is all I am saying the best or nothing that kind of payment needs that kind of play is all I am asking

Don't tell me all they need is a switch to turn on .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super stars need all of training camp or you see way to many injury's and average play .. If you are to get paid you should not play average if you are getting paid like a Difference maker

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super stars need all of training camp or you see way to many injury's and average play .. If you are to get paid you should not play average if you are getting paid like a Difference maker

But that is just how the NFL functions. A star player doesn't always perform like you need them to. I mean we paid Clady like a top LT in the league and unfortunately injuries have hurt him. We have paid plenty of players who did not live up to the contract. That is just part of the excitement of the game of taking those chances on players and hoping they pan out.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von isn't going anywhere so we can stop with the trade Von talks.

DT had a bad year. See how he rebounds this year. A lot of people wanted to give up on him after his 1st year here due to injury and he blew up. Yall quick to give up on players

We are talking about the same guy who didn't want to give Emmanuel Sanders a chance before he stepped foot in Invesco field.

Sometimes you have to tell Crash, just to calm down, relax. It will be ok.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Afterall we just won a Super Bowl!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah for me not ready to give up on DT. He has shown us plenty in his career for making some huge plays for us. I think a year where he has the same QB throwing to him, another year in this system, and a full off season I think he does just fine for us this year to justify his contract. I honestly do think he could play the Andre Johnson role that Kubiak wants out of his top receiver.